ADVERTISEMENT

As I have said before, Holbrook needs to take the high road and

Cola G'Cock

Apr 29, 2002
Columbia, SC
resign now and agree to coach the rest of the season. This would allow Tanner to openly start looking for a new coach at this time rather than at the end of the season.

Never going to happen. No coach is going to walk away from this high paying, high profile job because "it's the right thing to do". Not going to happen.
sign0003.r191677.gif

No. He has proven in three seasons that he can't get the job done. Why

give him another year to take the program down even lower?

"It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will"

(Apologies to Sam Cooke..)

Might take another year..but either we get better or a change gonna have to come...

I doubt he will resign. Most likely he wants to try to fix this & he has

a family he needs to support. Most people don't just quit a job.

Who knows what Tanner will do. But I'd be surprised to see Coach resign right now.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:

Please don't ever think that Holbrook will just simply walk away from the highest paying job that he will ever have in his life. After this gig, he will get a serious downgrade in pay.
I'd rather pay a janitor to coach this team, than to pay a proven failure as coach one penny to keep his job.

Re: I doubt he will resign. Most likely he wants to try to fix this & he has

If he hasnt saved up enough to support his family for a while then shame on his DA. Coaches know they can be heros one day and zeros the next. A steady paycheck in that profession is no guarantee. With that said, he isnt going anywhere after this year. I wouldnt lose any sleep if he did because I think he is a self serving, in over his head, non caring, arrogant (fill in the blank)
Our recruiting became lazy and frankly very political. Our oversigning and over promising to prospects reputation got around and good players were either kicked to the curb or decided to go elsewhere where they were guaranteed a spot. Baseball is a small world and word gets around quickly.
Maybe this season will be a wake up call and things will change. After all, we all know Karma is a B.

Re: I doubt he will resign. Most likely he wants to try to fix this & he has

Originally posted by Cybercock:
...Our oversigning and over promising to prospects reputation got around and good players were either kicked to the curb or decided to go elsewhere where they were guaranteed a spot...
What are you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT