ADVERTISEMENT

As if we didn't already have enough reasons to hate Paul Finebaum

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
PF dropped an even bigger reason yesterday on his show.

I forget exactly how the subject came up but anyway Finebaum stated if he had a son he would want him to play for our old friend Dabo S. He said it just as sure as my name is Freddie.B.Cocky.

I came close to calling him on his show to tell him why don't he (PF) go to work for the a she she network when it starts airing next year.

Reactions: GamecockJL
I hate it but this seems to be a common comment around the country. Kirk Herstriet has made similar comments. Mark Richt’s son played there. Buddy (Not Buddy, Rex) Ryan’s son goes there. It’s obvious Dabo is saying the right message to get recruits and their parents on board.

Hoping Marcus Lattimore preparing these guys for life after football can have a similar impact here.

I work a lot with high school athletes here in Florida and they all think Clemson is the coolest thing going right now...despite my efforts to convince them otherwise (I do it more jokingly as I care more about them personally than where they choose to go to school). 75% of these athletes will play major college sports (most likely baseball). It was a real eye opener for me to see their perception of Clemson but these players opinions are a good representation of what its like out there. I hope it changes soon.

Last edited:
I like Finebaum....and it appears i'm not alone, he just had his contract renewed.

As for Dabo, he's at Clemson, doing a tremendous job, bringing in top talent, he's not going anywhere.
you people are wasting your breath and energy being bothered by what Dabo is doing or saying

When you win and win big, people say nice things about you. Sadly, it appears they aren't going away based on the talent they are bringing in.

Daboo would be stupid to go to Bama. He gets a mulligan in the ACC and still makes the playoffs.

Had Clemsin been in the SEC the last 8 years they may have ONE SEC title. They are winning the ACC every year but with the exception of 2016 they have lost to the top SEC team.

I hate it but this seems to be a common comment around the country. Kirk Herstriet has made similar comments. Mark Richt’s son played there. Buddy Ryan’s son goes there. It’s obvious Dabo is saying the right message to get recruits and their parents on board.

Nitpicking, but it's Rex Ryan's son (Buddy's grandson) who was (?) at Clemmy.

Reactions: Carolina4
Daboo would be stupid to go to Bama. He gets a mulligan in the ACC and still makes the playoffs.

Had Clemsin been in the SEC the last 8 years they may have ONE SEC title. They are winning the ACC every year but with the exception of 2016 they have lost to the top SEC team.

It's his alma mater and the most elite job in college. He'll jump at it. But I think Saban has 5 years left, if not more.

I forget exactly how the subject came up but anyway Finebaum stated if he had a son he would want him to play for our old friend Dabo S. He said it just as sure as my name is Freddie.B.Cocky.

I came close to calling him on his show to tell him why don't he (PF) go to work for the a she she network when it starts airing next year.
He's not the only one to say that among the talking heads.

It's his alma mater and the most elite job in college. He'll jump at it. But I think Saban has 5 years left, if not more.

I don’t think he’ll follow Saban. I think if he were to ever take it it would be following the guy that follows Saban.

By the time Saban actually steps down I agree Dabo would be crazy to leave. He’ll just be another legend at Bama. At Clemson he’ll go down as the greatest person in the history of the school...greatest coach at worst.

With Urban Meyer’s mess going on, Clemson is in great position to be the next great powerhouse dynasty in College Football. It makes me sick. Hopeful Georgia can compete with them and that Florida State can get rolling again. Of course I’d love for us to have a say in it all. Makes me sick to think about though.

The national perception is that Alabama takes an "all hard work and business" approach to winning.
The national perception is that Clemson takes a "let's have some fun" approach to winning.
The truth is that both teams' players work hard, and both have fun.
The truth is also that the Clemson Athletic Department has an extraordinarily good marketing department.

The national perception is that Alabama takes an "all hard work and business" approach to winning.
The national perception is that Clemson takes a "let's have some fun" approach to winning.
The truth is that both teams' players work hard, and both have fun.
The truth is also that the Clemson Athletic Department has an extraordinarily good marketing department.
Well I’ll admit...they’re both well funded!

You can wipe off the envy at your convince. Jeez...

Reactions: Zann77
I like Finebaum....and it appears i'm not alone, he just had his contract renewed.

As for Dabo, he's at Clemson, doing a tremendous job, bringing in top talent, he's not going anywhere.
you people are wasting your breath and energy being bothered by what Dabo is doing or saying
Shocker

sHCFzpaSgzkY9iokwNNWZg.jpg

You mean the same Finebaum that called Clemon fans unreal and arrogant.

I have disliked Finebaum for over 20 years.

I can't figure some of my fellow posters out.
When rumors were floating around PF might leave SEC ntwk, many were claiming they liked him and wanted him to stay.
Now back to the hate.
As for me I've never taken to his show or bother to take him seriously. He clearly says a lot of things just to stir up reactions.

I can't figure some of my fellow posters out.
When rumors were floating around PF might leave SEC ntwk, many were claiming they liked him and wanted him to stay.
Now back to the hate.
As for me I've never taken to his show or bother to take him seriously. He clearly says a lot of things just to stir up reactions.
He's the man we love to hate. Hard to hate him if he's not there anymore.

Reactions: rogue cock

Clemson beat the SEC west champion both of the last two years. Remember, Bama doesn't have an SEC division title in their name last year either.

That doesn't bother me what PF said, they are a top tanked team until we start not getting blown out and knock them down, its just a part of the unpleasant reality that could of been stopped if we did not lay an egg in the 2008 SC Clemson game

Do you know why what PF says doesn't bother me? Because I don't listen to him.

I rarely listen to him but I was trying to catch any updates relative to the Urban Meyer thing. The story had not broken at that point. But, I do listen some but not a lot.

I'd like to give it a try!
It's hard work hating him as much if he isn't giving you new reasons along the way. It's human nature for a person to lay aside issues so he/she can move on to other issues. Ergo, for you to keep up a high level of hatred toward him, it would be helpful if he were to keep on p!$$!ng you off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT