ADVERTISEMENT

As someone in another thread posted, just everyone relax and enjoy what the team has accomplished

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
thus far this season. I, as a Gamecock fan of 57 years, could not agree more. We are heading in an upward trend and after we get a couple of good recruiting years under our proverbial belt I think good things will continue for this coaching staff and the fans.

I started pulling for the Gamecocks circa 1960. Well, shortly after that '62 or ' 63 I believe, USC played Tulane at Tulane. At the time the Gamecocks played Tulane, the Green Wave had the longest losing streak in the nation. Well low and behold, we lost to Tulane. That Tulane win then shifted the longest losing streak to Wake Forest. As luck would have it, USC played Wake a few weeks after the Tulane loss. Well low and behold AGAIN USC lost to Wake at Wake. Now those were some bad times.

I can remember a number of times a three or four win season would have been WONDERFUL.

But with all of that being said I have never given up on my boys and girls and will love them to the day I die.

Go Gamecocks

Last edited:
thus far this season. I as a Gamecock fan of 57 years could not agree more. We are heading in an upward trend and after we get a couple of good recruiting years under our proverbial belt I think good things will continue for this coaching staff and the fans.

I started pulling for the Gamecocks circa 1960. Well, shortly after that '62 or ' 63 I believe, USC played Tulane at Tulane. At the time the Gamecocks played Tulane, the Green Wave had the longest losing streak in the nation. Well low and behold, we lost to Tulane. That Tulane win then shifted the longest losing streak to Wake Forest. As luck would have it, USC played Wake a few weeks after the Tulane loss. Well low and behold AGAIN USC lost to Wake at Wake. Now those were some bad times.

I can remember a number of times a three or four win season would have been WONDERFUL.

But with all of that being said I have never given up on my boys and girls and will love them to the day I die.

Go Gamecocks
I'm almost that old too. I left one game early in 40 years. Had to go to a wedding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT