ADVERTISEMENT

At my seat selection time there were 14,043 avaialable season tickets seats to choose from

I'm surprised it was that high.
I was able to finally move to better seats so I'm happy.

Getting away from some guy that has been pestering me for the past 7+ years.
Dude truly thinks he's the coach and treats his family bad when the Gamecocks are doing bad on the field.

That is not very many. I believe we sell around 56000 season tickets. That would leave about 10000 for students and visitors . Some of those 14000 would have to be reserved for the Clemson guaranteed tickets every other year. Look and see how many are in the top of the East upper deck and the upper South upper deck in the corners.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
shopping

That is not very many. I believe we sell around 56000 season tickets. That would leave about 10000 for students and visitors . Some of those 14000 would have to be reserved for the Clemson guaranteed tickets every other year. Look and see how many are in the top of the East upper deck and the upper South upper deck in the corners.

We used to sell around 56,000 , but ticket sales were around 49,000 last season

I believe each SEC school and Clemson get 7,500 tickets allotted to them. Clwmson, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Bama, and A&M seem to be the only ones who use them all. Tennessee used to, but their fans dont travel as well as they once did

Reactions: mannblack
I got a email from the gamecock club Tuesday that was selling tickets and some kind of lunch for $45 each Vs Coastal? Can I do better?
$10 food voucher for stadium food. Leaves $35 towards the ticket in the upper deck somewhere, which will probably be about $5 off face. Eat at your tailgate spot, wait till game time, and scalp a ticket for $20 or less each. Only thing that will hold down availability is home opener, but there should still be plenty of tickets outside the stadium for that game.

I believe each SEC school and Clemson get 7,500 tickets allotted to them. Clwmson, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Bama, and A&M seem to be the only ones who use them all. Tennessee used to, but their fans dont travel as well as they once did
High prices and HDTV are taking a toll. That's why our next stadium renovation needs to be an enhancement instead of an expansion. College stadiums need to become more like NFL stadiums, IMO.

Dude truly thinks he's the coach and treats his family bad when the Gamecocks are doing bad on the field.
Yeah well at least you didn't have to sit behind the guy that just HAS to turn around whenever we get a first down, complete a pass, or anything and high five you. I don't mind a high five every now and then but not 100 times in a game and if I'm ignoring him he would tap me to high five me.

Yeah well at least you didn't have to sit behind the guy that just HAS to turn around whenever we get a first down, complete a pass, or anything and high five you. I don't mind a high five every now and then but not 100 times in a game and if I'm ignoring him he would tap me to high five me.
My only quirk is that if offense is coming toward me in the south end zone and scores a first down... I don't make a first down motion toward the end of the field (turnover motion); I do a 180 and point the property direction. 50% of the people around me probably think i'm an idiot.

We must near each other bc the guy I sit beside has something negative to say about every play

When I was working at the Ticket Office, it was 10K for SEC Schools, 12K for Clemson.

My only quirk is that if offense is coming toward me in the south end zone and scores a first down... I don't make a first down motion toward the end of the field (turnover motion); I do a 180 and point the property direction. 50% of the people around me probably think i'm an idiot.

If you actually do that, they're right.

When I was working at the Ticket Office, it was 10K for SEC Schools, 12K for Clemson.

How long ago was That? 15 years ago gas was under $2 And you could go to an away stadium for $30. I've seen much less travel from away fans than in years past outside of UGA and Clemson. Arkansas may have brought 1,000 last year

How long ago was That? 15 years ago gas was under $2 And you could go to an away stadium for $30. I've seen much less travel from away fans than in years past outside of UGA and Clemson. Arkansas may have brought 1,000 last year
Because they travel less does not mean that the allotments have been lowered. Perhaps you don't realize that if we lower our allotments, then they lower their allotments to us. It's by contract between the schools. That's not to say that the allotments haven't been adjusted over the years. However, the visitor seating areas appear to be basically the same as they were when I worked there - SE Corner, tops of EU end sections, tops of WU end sections, and top of SU, with the exception of allocations being moved from the SE Corner to the EU/WU/SU to allow for more season tickets in the SE Corner of the stadium.

But there is really no need to be an *** about it a simple statement that was made.

Last edited:
Because they travel less does not mean that the allotments have been lowered. Perhaps you don't realize that if we lower our allotments, then they lower their allotments to us. It's by contract between the schools. That's not to say that the allotments haven't been adjusted over the years. However, the visitor seating areas appear to be basically the same as they were when I worked there - SE Corner, tops of EU end sections, tops of WU end sections, and top of SU, with the exception of allocations being moved from the SE Corner to the EU/WU/SU to allow for more season tickets in the SE Corner of the stadium.

But there is really no need to be an *** about it a simple statement that was made.

How did you read my question and think it was someone being a jerk. Just simply asked how long it was and noted teams travel less now.

LOL

That's why our next stadium renovation needs to be an enhancement instead of an expansion. College stadiums need to become more like NFL stadiums, IMO.
I'm on board with stadium enhancements, but since college football is more exciting and better in almost every way than the NFL, I'd be reluctant to mimic that group. The NFL has basically priced itself out of reach of the average (or even above average) American family. I like cup-holders, wide concourses, and ample food selection as much as anyone, but I prefer being in attendance at the game in the first place.

I'm on board with stadium enhancements, but since college football is more exciting and better in almost every way than the NFL, I'd be reluctant to mimic that group. The NFL has basically priced itself out of reach of the average (or even above average) American family. I like cup-holders, wide concourses, and ample food selection as much as anyone, but I prefer being in attendance at the game in the first place.
Costs and prices aren't likely to drop. HDTV will only get better. If they want people to attend, they'll have to make it nice to attend.

High prices and HDTV are taking a toll. That's why our next stadium renovation needs to be an enhancement instead of an expansion. College stadiums need to become more like NFL stadiums, IMO.
This is exactly right. Improving the fan experience at the game is the key. An expansion is just an endless arms race that requires more revenue and creates more losses annually. People will buy tickets to live events if you cater more to their needs. Cushioned sears, covered spaces, easy access to food, more dining spaces and kid friendly areas. If you build it right they will come. Ticket price increases can be justified and will be accepted by the fans.

Reactions: king ward
As much as I pay for tickets and being a Gamecock club member , I would like for my Gamecock club sticker to not turn to doo doo brown. Yes I park outside where the sun gets to it but I have two other stickers I purchased from Garnet and Black Traditions that are still garnet.

Reactions: uscfan1981
Score a first down ?

Reactions: Lakecock1
That's the direction in which we need to go. 10-15 years ago, I never would have said that.
That’s the direction we’re heading. East club section will be renovated into suites. There will be a reduction in seats but increase in cost. Tanner knows suites generate more money.

Yes, ....yes we do. But it’s more like 93%...lol..I couldn’t resist

This is exactly right. Improving the fan experience at the game is the key. An expansion is just an endless arms race that requires more revenue and creates more losses annually. People will buy tickets to live events if you cater more to their needs. Cushioned sears, covered spaces, easy access to food, more dining spaces and kid friendly areas. If you build it right they will come. Ticket price increases can be justified and will be accepted by the fans.
I have seen this clearly at Braves games at Sun Trust park. It is an entertainment venue almost as much as a place for a pure old fashioned baseball game. Very family oriented. Pay their ticket prices and all the auxillary prices and you should't complain about our ticket prices.

As much as I pay for tickets and being a Gamecock club member , I would like for my Gamecock club sticker to not turn to doo doo brown. Yes I park outside where the sun gets to it but I have two other stickers I purchased from Garnet and Black Traditions that are still garnet.

PM me your Booster number and I'll get some new ones to you.

Reactions: memphis cock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT