ADVERTISEMENT

At the end of Muschamp's show, he said better days are...

Cockish

Apr 11, 2017
ahead. How would you measure that remark? I say beat a top 25 team and Kentucky in the same season. What say you?

I agree; he still drives me crazy with his conservative football streak, aka, the Florida game this year, but he is recruiting well and I think better days are ahead. We will win 7 or 8 games this year, which would have been reason for excitement for us, 40 years ago.

What are you doing over here you should be praying Benny Snell comes back.
Love Benny but UK's offense will be better without him. Rose is faster and CMS will allow the offense to be more balanced next year instead of feeding Benny so much.

ahead. How would you measure that remark? I say beat a top 25 team and Kentucky in the same season. What say you?
Kentucky will be better next year and so will the SEC east. We are starting to see the balance come back to both the east and the west. Having said that, Georgia is out recruiting everybody including Alabama.

I'd say WM has reason to make that statement. Most of the offense and defense returns. We have a good recruiting class coming in with a few more highly rated guys still uncommitted.

Frankly the injuries we've had on defense is concerning. Injuries are a part of football, but damn we left five starters from the first game in Columbia last night! Not saying Carolina beats CU even with them, but without them we stood much less of a chance of stopping them. Offense was outstanding though.

What else is he going to say on his show. Man, I think we can win at least 7games next year, but you might as well pencil in a L for UK, UF, UGA, Bama and Clemson. Aside from that better days are ahead.

Good thing you're not a coach LOSER.

I'll concede nothing. Bama and UGA certainly look like losses. The other three are all winnable, especially at home!

I'd say WM has reason to make that statement. Most of the offense and defense returns. We have a good recruiting class coming in with a few more highly rated guys still uncommitted.

Frankly the injuries we've had on defense is concerning. Injuries are a part of football, but damn we left five starters from the first game in Columbia last night! Not saying Carolina beats CU even with them, but without them we stood much less of a chance of stopping them. Offense was outstanding though.

Offense is for sure losing its two best players: Deebo and Bailey, in some order. The unit could possibly lose it’s third and fourth best players as well: Edwards and Stanley, in some order. If all 4 of those guys are gone, it’s going to hurt; and that side of the ball will probably have to work through some growing pains, even with a long time starter returning at QB and some quality, if somewhat theoretical at this point, depth at WR and OL. The running backs are an average group, at best, and that’s not going to change.

Defense will lose two starting CBs, one of the few position groups to play well. They’ll lose safety options, and if Kinlaw goes, they’ll be replacing their most talented lineman.

The better days ahead stuff could be said for every team not named Alabam and Clemson. It’s hollow on its face, and especially true for a team like South Carolina who might be replacing their two best wide receivers, two best offensive lineman, their best corner and best defensive lineman.

Reactions: ddw1263 and Brace1
What else is he going to say on his show. Man, I think we can win at least 7games next year, but you might as well pencil in a L for UK, UF, UGA, Bama and Clemson. Aside from that better days are ahead.
Good thing you're not a coach LOSER.

I'll concede nothing. Bama and UGA certainly look like losses. The other three are all winnable, especially at home!

You obviously have a severe problem with reading comprehension. I said what else is he going to say on his show. Which was obvious to the most casual reader this was a sarcastic dig at the original post.

Last edited:
Offense is for sure losing its two best players: Deebo and Bailey, in some order. The unit could possibly lose it’s third and fourth best players as well: Edwards and Stanley, in some order. If all 4 of those guys are gone, it’s going to hurt; and that side of the ball will probably have to work through some growing pains, even with a long time starter returning at QB and some quality, if somewhat theoretical at this point, depth at WR and OL. The running backs are an average group, at best, and that’s not going to change.

Defense will lose two starting CBs, one of the few position groups to play well. They’ll lose safety options, and if Kinlaw goes, they’ll be replacing their most talented lineman.

The better days ahead stuff could be said for every team not named Alabam and Clemson. It’s hollow on its face, and especially true for a team like South Carolina who might be replacing their two best wide receivers, two best offensive lineman, their best corner and best defensive lineman.
Yeah, but it was Smith who had the really good night last night and he'll be back, as for the losses in the secondary we haven't had a healthy secondary all year so.... I understand Harvey is applying for another year and we didn't have him all season. I'd be surprised if Edwards left early he's still go a way to go.

All I can say is I believe him.
I'm not sure I believe him, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief until after next season. I'm heartened by the fact that our team's worst problem now is defense - something I have some confidence in Muschamp's ability to fix.

I'm not sure I believe him, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief until after next season. I'm heartened by the fact that our team's worst problem now is defense - something I have some confidence in Muschamp's ability to fix.
Well, I say I believe because I don't we haven't had a coach who works as hard and actually cares as much as Muschamp IMO. He could sell screen doors for submarines to the Pentagon and his staff can recruit so...

CMS has got Muschamp's number, Cats make it 6 in a row next year!
Laughable right there my man!!
Aren't all of your defense starters coming back next year??

I'll leave that one right there for the moment. No sense is pressing such a senior point!

=;-p

Maybe he'll figure out how to beat a horrible Tennessee team next year.
The Tenn loss hurts no doubt, probably keep us out of a NY6 bowl game but 9 win seasons in Lexington are rare as Cock's teeth. Most reasonable UK fans know how much CMS has done to get us to this point and the future looks bright because of the recruiting and player development. Looks like everyone in the East not named UGA is playing for second and I like our chances from here out.

Does that mean he’s gonna resign ?? Sweet !! Just kidding , I couldn’t resist . Actually I was very encouraged with what he showed last night . He fought like hell and if he had a semblance of a defense it could have been a really special season . Bmac looks like a really good hire and it looks like the light has finally come on for Jake . He needs to hit some home runs in this incoming class and if he does we should be ok . For the first time since he’s been here it seemed like he was genuinely pissed off after losing last night and that’s what I’ve been wanting to see for years .

Laughable right there my man!!
Aren't all of your defense starters coming back next year??

I'll leave that one right there for the moment. No sense is pressing such a senior point!

=;-p
We do lose a lot on D but we play our back ups quite a bit and so don't expect a big drop off next year. Our offense will be much better next year which will help also.

Not really sure what the one would want Muschamp to say. That we might be better talent wise next year, but we still ain't beating Clemson, UGA, and Bama for sure. Florida will be better. Got to figure UT can't help but get better. And though Kentucky loses some folks, we weren't beating them before that group got there anyway. So the honest answer would have been, we will be more talented, but the record may not be better because of the schedule.

What else you expect him to say? I hope to get to 7 wins next season so they won’t fire me?

Honestly in year 4 you need to show improvement by competing in every game realistically and challenging for the East. Every ranked game should be a toss up and you should win half of your ranked games at least. Nobody on the schedule should be more than a 10 point favorite.

Love Benny but UK's offense will be better without him. Rose is faster and CMS will allow the offense to be more balanced next year instead of feeding Benny so much.

Now Kentucky joins Clemsin with the “we too deep” talk.

As for us. I don’t see anything at WR or RB coming in next year that can be labeled a difference maker. Which is unfortunate. Because Georgia will probably sign 2 at each spot.
Defensively I like the guys coming in. IF we can get them strong and teach them how to tackle!

As for us. I don’t see anything at WR or RB coming in next year that can be labeled a difference maker. Which is unfortunate. Because Georgia will probably sign 2 at each spot.
Defensively I like the guys coming in. IF we can get them strong and teach them how to tackle!
Not sure how many games Clemson has beaten you in a row but with our 5 I guess that's about right. ; )

So UF and KY are sure losses? How Kentucky has beaten us is beyond most people’s reasoning skills. There’s only been one year that anyone would say they were the better team. Kentucky had their big eight win season and will be back to winning six games next year.

Reactions: JOEFANATIC
I say beat Clemson. Hang half a hundred on them like they do us I don’t give a damn about Kentucky if we beat Clemson

We need to sign some guys that like contact

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT