ADVERTISEMENT

Athens, GA on a Thursday & Friday in July

PerchedOnRings

Oct 1, 2001
We will be there for Sectionals (swim meet). Meets leave little time for site-seeing, but if anyone has any recommendations for a good lunch or dinner spot, or if there's something there that's a must-do or must-see, let me know. I've never stepped foot in the place.

Spend some time walking around downtown and the North Campus....lots of little places to eat - always new ones coming in and old ones leaving it seems when I go every few years now. One of my personal faves is Little Italy - it is certainly not fine dining but it's just a little hole in the wall pizza/sub shop I used to frequent back when I spent a year there for school.
North campus is very pretty though and worth a good 30-45 minute stroll around....you can start downtown and eat then stroll through North Campus and make your way over to the football stadium which is smack in the heart of the campus which is pretty awesome I must admit.

Have fun!

Hard to make recommendations with out knowing the age of your family, and whether you want to eat a good cheap college place or more fine dinning, but this website might help......https://www.visitathensga.com/
Thanks. We will be there for the oldest's swim meet, but she's old enough to stay with the youngest if mom & I wanted to step out four an hour. Was going to taylor who I took to the recommendations as I know zero about the place. I'll do online research, but thought I'd get some opinions here too.

Thanks to the other poster for the Little Italy recommendation. Great place for carbs for the swimmers.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT