ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn fires Gus Malzahn

Virginia Tech might be interested in Malzhan. But I think yesterday,s win over UVA saved Fuente's job for the time being.

Last edited:
I don’t think either of those school were interested in pursuing Beamer. A whole bunch of schools were interested in Fuente a few years back, so I’m not sure that’s the best measure of coaching potential though.
Sarcasm much

It's as simple as this: Malzahn runs a great offense that requires not just a great quarterback but a particular kind of quarterback. He never could replace Nick Marshall. Had he been able to adequately replace Nick Marshall, this never would have happened to him.

Reactions: cadcock
Just like I said with Muschamp, I would never work again if I was him. I might just go volunteer at a high school somewhere that I would like to live.
SameTerrificBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

I'll take the "under" on that second one.

Tend to agree with you but wasn’t Gus at Arkansas State when he was hired at Auburn . I know he worked under Gene but Arky state was as big as stretch as coastal . I agree they will want a home run hire but I not sure they even have the cajones to hire Freeze . Whoever hires freeze will have a lot of unwanted eyes on them .

Tend to agree with you but wasn’t Gus at Arkansas State when he was hired at Auburn . I know he worked under Gene but Arky state was as big as stretch as coastal . I agree they will want a home run hire but I not sure they even have the cajones to hire Freeze . Whoever hires freeze will have a lot of unwanted eyes on them .
I think Gus had worked for Auburn before he went to coach Arkansas State. He had the inside track back to replacing Chizik.

Just like I said with Muschamp, I would never work again if I was him. I might just go volunteer at a high school somewhere that I would like to live.

Shades of Jim Carlin! Retired to Hilton Head and volunteered at a private high school in Jasper County.

I have a feeling we are the only P5 that wouldve considered the kid. I swear its like a 100 year old never ending wreck.
You are 100% correct. Anyone saying any different is a BS artist. What needs to be addressed is how/why Jimmy Sexton continually throws his scraps at USC first (despite our always being in front on the coaching search)....and then holds onto his better cards for the bigger jobs. That is an issue needing addresing.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This is not directed specifically at you, but could we all please stop assuming this is going to turn out to be the worst hire of all time? The man hasn't had a chance to do anything yet.
He hasn't shown up to do anything yet, despite being "on the job" for over a week.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know - smart phones, no contact recruiting and all. The most important thing is meeting with and CONVINCING staff to come be part of his group. I feel like the proper way to do that is a lot of face to face.

I think Swinney has enjoyed the fruits of his being pretty aggressive going after Venables. He could've texted him a couple times and waited to see what he thought....and just snagged him I guess.........maybe?

Chadwell.
Don't you guys think it's going to be:
Auburn= Freeze
Tennesse= Chadwell OR Napier.

I mean....both those programs will pay, and aren't scared to make big moves.

I would love J. Pruitt as a DC at Carolina. Would be perfect fit for him, and that is what he is (not a HC). Doesn't have the even demeanor to be a HC...he's a defensive side guy only all the way.

Auburn= Freeze

I would love J. Pruitt as a DC at Carolina. Would be perfect fit for him, and that is what he is (not a HC). Doesn't have the even demeanor to be a HC...he's a defensive side guy only all the way.
I believe Pruitt will get another year. Tennessee doesn’t want to be coach shopping with AU and others this year. Pruitt is in his 3rd year I believe and I think he will get a 4th

Auburn= Freeze

I honestly wonder if Auburn isn't set up better for Chadwell to take over. But I doubt they go that route.

Regarding Pruitt coming here: He doesn't play well with others. You don't want to stick him with a rookie HC.

Reactions: rogue cock
If you think Auburn will consider Chadwell for their job you are high.

Yet they hired Gus from Arkansas State ?!! And yes I am high but that has little to do with Auburn’s search . They will 100% consider him . They’re gonna hire Freeze but Chadwell will be in the mix as will Napier , Sark and any number of successful coaches

Wow! Just read where one half of the Malzahn buyout of $21.45 million is payable within 30 DAYS. Merry Christmas Gus!

Wow! Just read where one half of the Malzahn buyout of $21.45 million is payable within 30 DAYS. Merry Christmas Gus!

Yep, he'll make more in the next 30 days than most of us will make in our lifetimes...many of us combined. But he'll get paid that much to not work. Crazy.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT