ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Wilkins

Rooster'srule

Apr 3, 2013
Wil Crowe was masterful in his season debut, South Carolina's bats awoke for the first time this season, and the No. 13 Gamecocks bounced back from their dismal Opening Day performance

Really Avery is this what you saw yesterday? I guess you don't need enemies when we have friends like you!

I say your writing is what is dismal.

I guess he expected more in the opening game from the #13 team in tthe nation! Sorta like we ALL expected more on opening day, from the
#9 football team in the nation. Some quotes after THAT game weren't so kind!

Call it like you see it. If its bad say so. Don't try to spin it through garnet glasses. Had we had a little more critical reporting here last football season maybe we would not have expected a mountain instead of the mole hill we got.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by buck3rd1962:
Call it like you see it. If its bad say so. Don't try to spin it through garnet glasses. Had we had a little more critical reporting here last football season maybe we would not have expected a mountain instead of the mole hill we got.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Good pitchers have a way of making teams look dismal. Maybe instead of claiming our boys were awful he could give a little credit to a veteran pitcher that won 10 games last season and lead his team to a SR. Most beat writers know this and don't try to sensationalize it by claiming the losing team played bad...unless they write for the team in the upstate that never loses, they always beat themselves.

We don't need beat writers like that at USC.

My name is Avery Wilks.

USC's Opening Day was nothing short of dismal. If you asked any player or coach in that locker room, they'd tell you the same thing.

Originally posted by Avery Wilks:
My name is Avery Wilks.

USC's Opening Day was nothing short of dismal. If you asked any player or coach in that locker room, they'd tell you the same thing.
"They call me Mr. Tibbs!"

You're right! "USC's Opening Day was nothing short of dismal" 3 hits??? for the game and Jack still hasn't learn out to get out of a jam!

What did you want him to say? He is a journalist, not a sunshine pumper. Dismal was actually a nice way of putting it. When your ace pitcher gets bumped early and you have minimal hits dismal is an understatement. Keep up the good work Chief Sitting Bull.

How about bad game, disappointing, not up to expectations, fell short, etc etc etc Sunshine pumper huh. It was the first game of the year....I say all you do with the junk you wrote is nothing but disparaging for effect. I don't think for one second you are "telling it like it is"! You people think you can criticize people so harshly. Either you people don't grasped the meaning of words or you don't know how to use them.

Dismal:

1. obsolete : dreadful

2: showing or causing gloom or depression

bad:

of poor quality; inferior or defective.

not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.

SMDH

Originally posted by Rooster'srule:
How about bad game, disappointing, not up to expectations, fell short, etc etc etc Sunshine pumper huh. It was the first game of the year....I say all you do with the junk you wrote is nothing but disparaging for effect. I don't think for one second you are "telling it like it is"! You people think you can criticize people so harshly. Either you people don't grasped the meaning of words or you don't know how to use them.

Dismal:

1. obsolete : dreadful

2: showing or causing gloom or depression

bad:

of poor quality; inferior or defective.

not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.

SMDH
roll.r191677.gif

sign0004.r191677.gif
Not smart to go after staff on this site. I say under 65 posts before you are blacklisted for life. Sometimes, words by a writer can upset you simply because they are RIGHT... Sorry that Avery hurt your feelings with his column. He said what a lot left the diamond on Friday night thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT