ADVERTISEMENT

Bama-Notre Dame spread

Sep 1, 2013
Anyone going on -20 Bama? How did they Committee not take this into account during the selection process? Any thoughts on the spread if Texas A&M or Cincinnati would have been selected over ND?

Reactions: 92Pony
Anyone going on -20 Bama? How did they Committee not take this into account during the selection process? Any thoughts on the spread if Texas A&M or Cincinnati would have been selected over ND?
Considering Bama beat ATM by 28 the first time I would say the line would be similar to the ND one vs Bama. The Cincinnati one would probably be closer to 30.

You might have a point with A&M, although I expect it would be about the same.

But you aren't seriously suggesting the line would be closer against Cincinnati, are you? It would be at least 30 or more, IMO. Alabama would probably win by 40+, unless they called off the dogs to rest for the championship.

You might have a point with A&M, although I expect it would be about the same.

But you aren't seriously suggesting the line would be closer against Cincinnati, are you? It would be at least 30 or more, IMO. Alabama would probably win by 40+, unless they called off the dogs to rest for the championship.
This would have been the year to put the flavor of the month school (UCF, Boise St., etc.) which is Cincinnati currently to polarize the difference in the speed of teams in the SEC and Clemson against these type of schools.

I saw that Notre Dame would've been a 3 pt favorite over A&M on a neutral field, so the Bama - ND point spread is really of no consequence. Bama would've been a 20+ point favorite over pretty much anyone you could've realistically put in there.

Reactions: SCExile
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT