ADVERTISEMENT

Bama, UGA, or the taters?

idohvac2

Jul 18, 2009
Which team do you hate to play the most this year? All 3 have nattys, after this season all 3 will have had the last 3 #1 recruiting classes, and we play all 3 this year. Still sickens me that we beat the taters 5 in a row and now they are the top football program in the country and we are hoping for a winning season this year. Hate them being the kings of football, but damn I can't stand all those dogs barking that hasn't won a championship since the tater have won 3. This year we pound the puppies!

Last edited:
Aim for lower hanging fruit. Guessing a UK home win to break the 5yr streak. The current blueprint has our program likely nipping at the heels of the Wildcats soon as we jockey for 3rd place in the SEC East.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
We have beaten quite a few top 10 teams in Williams Brice over the years with Carlen, Morrison, Holtz, and Spurrier in Columbia. When the fans come out rowdy and the team keeps up with the energy of the fans, good things can happen for the Gamecocks.

That damn #2 Nebraska team in 1986 crawled out of Williams Brice with a win they did not deserve with us using a Freshman QB. Other notable wins have taken place. Have to run and shoot and fire aint defense to get it done without a late fumble, but it is doable.

We have beaten quite a few top 10 teams in Williams Brice over the years with Carlen, Morrison, Holtz, and Spurrier in Columbia. When the fans come out rowdy and the team keeps up with the energy of the fans, good things can happen for the Gamecocks.

That damn #2 Nebraska team in 1986 crawled out of Williams Brice with a win they did not deserve with us using a Freshman QB. Other notable wins have taken place. Have to run and shoot and fire aint defense to get it done without a late fumble, but it is doable.
Not looking it up bc I think it's bad but how many decent teams have we beat with WM in Wiliams Brice?

Not looking it up bc I think it's bad but how many decent teams have we beat with WM in Wiliams Brice?

That is an easy answer but considering the condition of the roster he inherited it is understandable. His best wins are over Missouri and Tennessee. He should have beaten a 10 win Florida team and Texas AM last year and played well on the rode at Clemson.

I liked the win at Ole Miss last year too.

I think the worst is behind us and that ass kicking by Virginia will end up making us better prepared for the tough road we have next season. I feel we do have a chance to get some upsets.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Which team do you hate to play the most this year? All 3 have nattys, after this season all 3 will have had the last 3 #1 recruiting classes, and we play all 3 this year. Still sickens me that we beat the taters 5 in a row and now they are the top football program in the country and we are hoping for a winning season this year. Hate them being the kings of football, but damn I can't stand all those dogs barking that hasn't won a championship since the tater have won 3. This year we pound the puppies!
There is no such thing as a "natty".

There is no such thing as a "natty".
Ummm...WRONG!

29467d858752e4ce03f5b04e7070901c.jpg

That Nebraska game was awesome except end result. We manned up. That was my most fav lose I ever attended. Helluva game

Reactions: Superior7
That is an easy answer but considering the condition of the roster he inherited it is understandable. His best wins are over Missouri and Tennessee. He should have beaten a 10 win Florida team and Texas AM last year and played well on the rode at Clemson.

I liked the win at Ole Miss last year too.

I think the worst is behind us and that ass kicking by Virginia will end up making us better prepared for the tough road we have next season. I feel we do have a chance to get some upsets.
No we didn’t play well at Clemson. If you get beat by 3 scores it’s Not good!

We have beaten quite a few top 10 teams in Williams Brice over the years

I think that #1 Bama, #4 Ole Miss, and #5 Georgia were the only top 10 teams we ever beat at Willie B.

#3 North Carolina was at Chapel Hill, and #5 Missouri was at Missouri.

Not arguing. Just don't agree that 3 teams = "quite a few teams over the years" but, I will admit it's a hellofva lot better than none.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
"I think that #1 Bama, #4 Ole Miss, and #5 Georgia were the only top 10 teams we ever beat at Willie B."

We haven't had a ton, but you need to check your facts...don't short change us. I went back and looked...and since 1980, we've had 9 wins over Top 10 teams at WB.

1987 - #8 - Clemson, 1988 - #6 Georgia, 2000 - #9 - Georgia, 2007 - #8 - Kentucky, 2009 - #4 - Ole Miss, 2010 - #1 Alabama, 2012 - #5 Georgia, 2013 - #6 - Clemson, 2014 - #6 Georgia.

We will destroy Clemson. If not on the field, then in plain superiority. Go back and tell Tigernet that no matter how hard you try you will never be anything but an also-ran to the flagship.

Do we ever discuss the hope for a good season instead of how many games we will lose and who will stomp our ass worse? This is the gosh dangest site for gloom and doom ever known to man. If ya skeered SAY ya skeered but knock of the constant praise of the teams in the other colors. Just put the ball on the ground and let's play. I never went into a game expecting to lose it. Don't make me come down there hell win'em all.;)

Reactions: sandlapper59
Do we ever discuss the hope for a good season instead of how many games we will lose and who will stomp our ass worse? This is the gosh dangest site for gloom and doom ever known to man. If ya skeered SAY ya skeered but knock of the constant praise of the teams in the other colors. Just put the ball on the ground and let's play. I never went into a game expecting to lose it. Don't make me come down there hell win'em all.;)
The OP is a Clemson fan

Reactions: Goldhunter
I dont hate playing any of them.

I look at it like as great opportunities, I would love to ruin Clemson's season

Opportunity Knocking so to speak

giphy.gif

I guess Im ok not playing Alabama since we usually dont, but its a big game another opportunity for that signature win.

Reactions: idohvac2
why hate playing them? I don't get it! If you want to be great, beat great teams! If you can't beat them, greatness is not your Destiny!

Reactions: idohvac2
I think that #1 Bama, #4 Ole Miss, and #5 Georgia were the only top 10 teams we ever beat at Willie B.

Not arguing. Just don't agree that 3 teams = "quite a few teams over the years" but, I will admit it's a hellofva lot better than none.

Playing a top team at home is a rarity in itself. I would add Florida State in 84 and Clemson in 87 but they might be on the fence of the top 10 but they were 9 game winners late in the season.

Tennessee in 1992 finished #12 in the poll with a 9 win season and were 3 and 0 when we beat them at home. Think that team had 1st round draft pick Heath Shuler playing QB.

3 more that I can think of could be on the list.

The opportunities are abundant next season and I am looking forward to it and am certain the team is also.

One side of the ball played very well. Clemson could not stop our offense most series. A healthy defense and who knows how that game would have ended up.
Good thing is we get another shot every year

Last edited:
I’m too old to hate football teams but if we get one win out if those i’d Prefer it be against Georgia.

and how much talent was he left with? some people cant see the forest for the trees....

Last's years team was no better than 2016. And believe you could make a legitimate argument it was worse.

Bama, UGA, or the taters?

All three have won BIG with freshman QBs.

Guess none have been blessed with a stud like JB.

Go Cocks!

Four out of five of those were achieved when we had a real game-day coach on the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT