ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball: Returning players/Recruits/commits

carolinamyke

Oct 4, 2003
If if if chad returns. We are losing a lot from our pitching staff but I don't see any position players of significance that won't be back since really what juniors will be drafted ? Hoping to see some " Cortes "type players contribute at the plate from new comers . Also need some immediate pitching help from newcomers ( juco , freshman , who?). If if if chad is gone we may lose some commitments but we need coaching ! Gene cone drastically improved his hitting by his junior year so maybe others can do the same ! So with or without chad hope we can see improvement in the roster over all

JMO, but that don't leave much! Really tough call for Ray, but lets face it next year is a rebuilding year! This was the year to make some hay and it just didn't get done!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Yes I knew about the pitchers we are losing. Tolbert and destino and bride eligible but not sure how high they will b drafted Grosvernor only played sparingly. Just seems majority of position players return unless decide to go if drafted even late. Pitching takes the big hit !

Stokes hits 220? Doubt he's drafted high
Stats are one thing, but I would be willing to bet he is one of the more highly regarded prospects as a position player on the team. One thing to keep in mind too, Holbrook leaving may mean more attrition from some position players that are draft eligible making for a more significant rebuild.

Think we were already in the rebuild year. Why drag it on unless they want to save 1 year of Chad's contract money?

Stokes nor parke will get drafted in top 30 rounds. Neither has shown they can hit/pitch at the collegiate level with plenty of chances. Destino may go in rounds 15-20, so may be a possibility he leaves. Scmidt, Johnson are both gone along with all the seniors.

Reactions: 92Pony
Agree on schmidt and johnson. Destino I'm not sure what position he would be drafted for and his hitting is inconsistent so I think he will return. I just don't see any position players being drafted high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT