ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball series vs Clemson

Anyone know why we seem to always play two games in Clemson’s backyard?
Daniel-Bryan-Angry-Eye-Roll.gif

I suspect its due to travel. No overnight stay required, both can drive there and back. I'd love for them to move it around the state though. I just think the logistics wont work.

ClemDentMember

I suspect its due to travel. No overnight stay required, both can drive there and back. I'd love for them to move it around the state though. I just think the logistics wont work.

If the logistics won’t work, it’s time to discontinue the neutral site game, and go back to the six games (3 at Clemson and 3 at Carolina).

ClemDentMember

If the logistics won’t work, it’s time to discontinue the neutral site game, and go back to the six games (3 at Clemson and 3 at Carolina).
Agreed. I think 3 and 3 would be fantastic.

You have no clue tater....USC isn't going to travel back to Columbia on Saturday and then go back to kingsdump on Sunday.

Reactions: jonesz21
I think the neutral site game has more to do with the venue and "host" city. Flour Field is a great field and being downtown Greenville makes it a great place to visit before / after the game. Lets face it, Sumter is not exactly on anyone's bucket list. The only other viable venue/city (IMO) would be Riley Park in Charleston. Possibly Myrtle Beach, but that's too touristy

M-O-N-E-Y.....
Greenville pays big bucks to have the game. With just one nuetral site game it is the equivalent of a home series every year. Greenville outbid MB, Rock Hill, and Charleston to get this game. Each team is given equal tickets. The only disadvantage is that have to do a one night road. True, I wish it would rotate to the other venues but my Lord people you complain about everything on this board.

winloseortieWell-Known Member
NewM-O-N-E-Y.....
Greenville pays big bucks to have the game. With just one nuetral site game it is the equivalent of a home series every year. Greenville outbid MB, Rock Hill, and Charleston to get this game. Each team is given equal tickets. The only disadvantage is that have to do a one night road. True, I wish it would rotate to the other venues but my Lord people you complain about everything on this board.

This is FALSE! It’s not about money. It’s well known that Charleston had the highest bid. Nothing “fair” about the process. The “neutral” site should be discontinued, or rotated to other parts of the State.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
M-O-N-E-Y.....
Really, Rock Hill put in a bid?
Where they gonna play...the softball fields at Cherry Park???

Perhaps North Augusta may submit a bid in the next few years.

With 10 weekends of SEC play, I really don't want to devote two of them to playing Clemron.

I wish the SEC would begin conference play on weekend 4 like the ACC does. Then we could coordinate to play each other during the "off" weekend later in the season.

This series is scheduled for weekend 3 because it's the last mutually available weekend to do so.

NewM-O-N-E-Y.....

This is FALSE! It’s not about money. It’s well known that Charleston had the highest bid. Nothing “fair” about the process. The “neutral” site should be discontinued, or rotated to other parts of the State.

Actually it is about the money and location...not only that but the attendance was another issue. It's the perfect venue and location. Very short drive from both Columbia and Clemson, plus the teams don't have to spend the night. It holds about 7500 people including standing room. Last year they broke an all-time attendance record. It's a money maker for both teams...not sure why they would ever leave that location.

Reactions: DrMickey
Actually it is about the money and location...not only that but the attendance was another issue. It's the perfect venue and location. Very short drive from both Columbia and Clemson, plus the teams don't have to spend the night. It holds about 7500 people including standing room. Last year they broke an all-time attendance record. It's a money maker for both teams...not sure why they would ever leave that location.

Will USC travel back to Cola Saturday after the game in Greenville, then travel to Clemron on Sunday?

psmith5532Active Member
New

NewM-O-N-E-Y.....

Attendance? That’s not a problem, when Carolina plays The Citadel at Riley Park. What do you think it would be for Carolina and Clemson? Overflow crowd...

Just do away with the damn thing. I know the Taters and Upstate Gamecocks love it (even though it’s an advantage for Clemson).

psmith5532Active Member
New

New
M-O-N-E-Y.....

Attendance? That’s not a problem, when Carolina plays The Citadel at Riley Park. What do you think it would be for Carolina and Clemson? Overflow crowd...

Just do away with the damn thing. I know the Taters and Upstate Gamecocks love it (even though it’s an advantage for Clemson).
I may be wrong but a quick wiki search says the teams have split the last 6 games at Fluor Daniel. I still like the idea of moving it around the state. Would love to see them play in Charleston.

Rock Hill put in a bid and my guess it would be played at the new Winthrop baseball park if they had won it.

The contract with Greenville ends this year, and I hear there are going to be changes.

Reactions: jonesz21
If we played the neutral site game in Myrtle Beach it would be 70/30 Gamecocks. We outnumber them like crazy in Horry and Georgetown Counties.

Rock Hill put in a bid and my guess it would be played at the new Winthrop baseball park if they had won it.
Winthrop Park holds 1800 fans. That ain’t gonna happen.
And that’s why I asked if they’d play at Cherry Park.

Last edited:
Gamecock fans outnumber them everywhere, except for Greenville, SC. I understand why the Taters like it there, but I don’t understand the Carolina fans.
There are plenty of Gamecocks in the upstate. I have been to this game every year except one that I can remember, and it’s always even numbers. Fluor Field is a nice park and we have played well there. So, I guess the reason that Carolina fans like it is because this is home to a lot of us.

Reactions: Westendtiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT