ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Staff

Clemsuck

Feb 20, 2014
I can’t help but think if Frank could just add another talented, young coach to his staff our in-state recruiting might improve some. Obviously the AAU jackasses will still be a factor but if we just had another energetic coach like Chuck who could really back Frank up and help sell his vision to these kids we might start seeing a turnaround.

Reactions: COLABOY
I do not just accept the alleged AAU slander. If this is a real person, who is he and why is he doing this? Does he have some incentive to steer recruits in a certain direction, and away from home? He has no "right" to remain anonymous.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: rogue cock
I’m not sure exactly who’s leading the charge against us but I do remember some “youth pastor” who got into it with Sin awhile back on Twitter when Sin made a post about SC kids staying home and repping the state. From what I remember it basically sounded like the dude was mad that USC wasn’t greasing his palms like other schools did. Again not sure if this is “the guy” but he seems pretty sketchy for someone who claims to help kids.

https://vizorsports.com/local-pastor/

Here’s an article about the guy.
He sounds like a bitter guy with an unfounded bias against USC. I feel sorry for anyone getting advice from him. He's claiming credit for steering Seventh Woods to UNC. How has that worked out for Woods? He's a role player finishing up his junior year. If he ever had aspirations of being drafted to the NBA they are gone now. He could have come to USC and been a key contributor. He may not have been the star that everyone expected but from what I've seen of him he's a good defender and a good distributor of the basketball which is something USC could use right now.

He sounds like a bitter guy with an unfounded bias against USC. I feel sorry for anyone getting advice from him. He's claiming credit for steering Seventh Woods to UNC. How has that worked out for Woods? He's a role player finishing up his junior year. If he ever had aspirations of being drafted to the NBA they are gone now. He could have come to USC and been a key contributor. He may not have been the star that everyone expected but from what I've seen of him he's a good defender and a good distributor of the basketball which is something USC could use right now.

This thread has gotten a bit contradictory. Started under the idea that Frank needs to shake up his staff. Then somehow steered in the direction that if Seventh Woods had come to USC that he would be a better ball player. And under the same staff that is currently on the bench. Yea, Roy Williams has only won three national championships and I am sure Seventh has gotten more than adequate instruction in Chapel Hill. If at USC Seventh would be the same player you see at UNC. Incredible athlete that can often do incredible things. But more often gets so frantic that his physical skills get way ahead of what is actually possible. Seventh was a high school star because he was so quick, and fast, that nobody could cut him off driving the basketball. But that changed when he got to the top level of college basketball and exposed his inconsistent decision making and his lack of an outside game. If he were in Columbia, he would do the spectacular from time to time, but would be terribly frustrating to all with turnovers and stupid decisions.

Let’s get back on track. Personally I’d love it if Frank could somehow bring in Andy Kennedy. Not sure he’d accept the offer though after having been an HC at Ole Miss, even if his tenure there wasn’t that good.

If Coach Frank stays, he has to recruit better. All true Gamecocks want him to be more successful. He has to do what it takes.

My heart goes out to what he has to deal with concerning the whims of 17 year olds.

Yeah I definitely think Frank is our guy. Everyone can paint him as this hotheaded bad guy but give him the wins and accolades of famous hotheaded coaches and their tune would change. He’s a good man and an excellent coach and leader. I think with a change in staff and a greater buy-in from the department he can get those wins and accolades for us.

Yeah I definitely think Frank is our guy. Everyone can paint him as this hotheaded bad guy but give him the wins and accolades of famous hotheaded coaches and their tune would change. He’s a good man and an excellent coach and leader. I think with a change in staff and a greater buy-in from the department he can get those wins and accolades for us.
I think Frank is our guy, too. And, yes, I want him to be proven to be our guy within my lifetime.

If Coach Frank stays, he has to recruit better. All true Gamecocks want him to be more successful. He has to do what it takes.
My heart goes out to what he has to deal with concerning the whims of 17 year olds.

I agree with what you say. However, there's an old adage that goes ... "Business would be wonderful, if it weren't for the customers."

We must remember that all coaches must cater to these "whims" and Coach Martin is getting paid just under $3MM a year to put up with the aggravation. It comes with the job.

This thread has gotten a bit contradictory. Started under the idea that Frank needs to shake up his staff. Then somehow steered in the direction that if Seventh Woods had come to USC that he would be a better ball player. And under the same staff that is currently on the bench. Yea, Roy Williams has only won three national championships and I am sure Seventh has gotten more than adequate instruction in Chapel Hill. If at USC Seventh would be the same player you see at UNC. Incredible athlete that can often do incredible things. But more often gets so frantic that his physical skills get way ahead of what is actually possible. Seventh was a high school star because he was so quick, and fast, that nobody could cut him off driving the basketball. But that changed when he got to the top level of college basketball and exposed his inconsistent decision making and his lack of an outside game. If he were in Columbia, he would do the spectacular from time to time, but would be terribly frustrating to all with turnovers and stupid decisions.
Never said he would be a better player. I just said he would play a bigger role. I will admit that I don't watch a lot of UNC basketball but I did watch the game against Duke and he played extremely well when he was in there. He would definitely average more than the 7-10 minutes a game he has played at UNC. He actually brings to mind another player that went to UNC and didn't play much but fortunately saw the light and came back to USC and did big things for the 2 years we had him. Larry Davis averaged 2 points per game for the 2 years he was at UNC. He came to Carolina and averaged 17 over 2 seasons and was a key contributor and major factor in us winning the SEC in 1997.

Sorry but you can`t improve your game sitting on the bench watching everyone else play. We all know that. Time to start outing these AAU jerks. Why are people reluctant to come out and say who they are. They can`t hurt us any worse than they already have. People obviously know who these idiots are.

Sorry but you can`t improve your game sitting on the bench watching everyone else play. We all know that. Time to start outing these AAU jerks. Why are people reluctant to come out and say who they are. They can`t hurt us any worse than they already have. People obviously know who these idiots are.
Exactly, gave them an example of one & they talk about getting the thread back on track. Someone knows who that guy is. How can he can have that much influence in Columbia the home of the Gamecocks & know one calls him out on it.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Carey Rich always seems to imply that he knows what's going on especially with either Gray or Schuler. If he really does he needs to spill it

Carey Rich always seems to imply that he knows what's going on especially with either Gray or Schuler. If he really does he needs to spill it

He can't he would lose long last friendships and relationships. Which is why he keeps things close to the vest.

We won't win recruiting battles outing so-called enemies of the program. All you do in the process is potentially make more enemies. All you can do is scout on the recruiting trail better, be more aggressive in our recruiting (enough of this late spring recruiting for Grad Transfers and the overlooked), and win more games. This constant search for the AAU Boogeyman keeps us right in the position we are in.

Reactions: dcdayday
Being an UA school kills us in basketball. Nike and Adidas pay that cash money lol
Wonder if the AAU guys are on someone's payroll?

Whatever is going on, it is consistently going against us. With the exception of Trae Hannibal. He is going to be great!

If he’s being paid, that means he can be fired. We don’t need anybody working against us. We have enough problems in recruiting.

Reactions: ansoncock
So? If someone is intentionally hurting his Alma mater and the coaches at South Carolina, why kind of “friendship” are you protecting?

I have friends in my profession as well, some going back 15 years. I wouldn’t let the fact I have those relationships hurt other people. If I did I’d be a POS.

He can't he would lose long last friendships and relationships. Which is why he keeps things close to the vest.

Zion was always going to Duke. How would a youth pastor (at his daddy’s church) in Columbia have an ounce of influence on a kid from Spartanburg?

Our men’s basketball graduation rate is EXCELLENT and Columbia is a diverse city in which to attend college. We have a minority coach and a guy that does not put up with nonsense off the court.

Can somebody fill me in to what he's talking about.

There are certain people who are not interested in the outcome of something or its effects on other people as long as they get to hurt someone they are trying to get at.

Last edited:
Zion was always going to Duke. How would a youth pastor (at his daddy’s church) in Columbia have an ounce of influence on a kid from Spartanburg?

Our men’s basketball graduation rate is EXCELLENT and Columbia is a diverse city in which to attend college. We have a minority coach and a guy that does not put up with nonsense off the court.

You know there is more evidence on an FBI wiretap on Zion than there ever was on Cam Newton, only you can't find a major news outlet that has mentioned it since October.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Never said he would be a better player. I just said he would play a bigger role. I will admit that I don't watch a lot of UNC basketball but I did watch the game against Duke and he played extremely well when he was in there. He would definitely average more than the 7-10 minutes a game he has played at UNC. He actually brings to mind another player that went to UNC and didn't play much but fortunately saw the light and came back to USC and did big things for the 2 years we had him. Larry Davis averaged 2 points per game for the 2 years he was at UNC. He came to Carolina and averaged 17 over 2 seasons and was a key contributor and major factor in us winning the SEC in 1997.

I suppose. But some guys want to test themselves at the top level. Don't have an issue with them dropping back a notch if they can't cut it.

I suppose. But some guys want to test themselves at the top level. Don't have an issue with them dropping back a notch if they can't cut it.
Some guys take time to develop. It's a little harder to develop at schools like UNC when more talented guys are constantly coming into the program. Their bench is loaded with guys who could have gone elsewhere and been more productive.

Reactions: HTCock
Woods could be a grad transfer here but I dont think would move ahead of Hanibal and Lawson and the rest. All of this bs talk will be behind us this time next year.

So? If someone is intentionally hurting his Alma mater and the coaches at South Carolina, why kind of “friendship” are you protecting?

I have friends in my profession as well, some going back 15 years. I wouldn’t let the fact I have those relationships hurt other people. If I did I’d be a POS.

Didn't say anything about him intentionally hurting the University. I said he knows how the AAU game and recruiting works. When Will Wade of LSU was suspended Carey was very careful on saying to much in regards of the situation out of respect of his friendship with Will Wade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT