ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest - did ANYBODY think we would go to Florida & win? I think not. Great win! Down 11 &

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
never gave up. Not sure where the 3 point shooting came from but that was awesome. Myers was great, Silva bounced back, Booker hit the clutch fouls shots, and almost everyone that played had some big baskets. Not giving up was the main thing. Very impressive, especially considering the revenge factor and that Florida just beat Kentucky at Rupp.

Wonderful win and I'll say straight up I didn't expect it. And excuse me, but I understand even less how we lost at home to Tennessee.
It was as simple as Silva getting ib foul trouble early vs Ut and us missing a few shots down ghe stretch that went down tonight!

Is Martin an effective BB coach? Hell yeah. All you nay sayers on this board will jump all over him when we lose games. Therefore, all you nay sayers kiss my big white axx. Wow that felt great. Go Cocks! D. Weaver

If we can find a way to whip Texas Tech that does a lot for national recognition since it’s a multi conference showdown.

That would be 3? wins over top 25 schools. Hold serve at home and win 1-2 more on the road we should have have enough juice after last year to get a bid in the big dance.

If we can find a way to whip Texas Tech that does a lot for national recognition since it’s a multi conference showdown.

That would be 3? wins over top 25 schools. Hold serve at home and win 1-2 more on the road we should have have enough juice after last year to get a bid in the big dance.

11 games left & we see UF & UT again. Pulling 7 of these will not be easy and that is :

20 & 11 (double digit losses makes me nervous given our selection history)
Conference wise I would love 11 & 7 way more than 10 & 8, likely the difference between a 4th place & 6/7th (danger bubble zone).
Easy Answer, win 8 or more and leave them no way out.
If we finish with 19 wins or (hate to say 18) we will need a DEEP run in the SEC to get the selection committee attention.

11 games left & we see UF & UT again. Pulling 7 of these will not be easy and that is :

20 & 11 (double digit losses makes me nervous given our selection history)
Conference wise I would love 11 & 7 way more than 10 & 8, likely the difference between a 4th place & 6/7th (danger bubble zone).
Easy Answer, win 8 or more and leave them no way out.
If we finish with 19 wins or (hate to say 18) we will need a DEEP run in the SEC to get the selection committee attention.
20-11 makes us more appetizing after last year's run than we would be if it hadn't happened.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
20-11 makes us more appetizing after last year's run than we would be if it hadn't happened.

I agree, but I'm so nervous the committee won't care a shot glass worth about last year. I TOTALLY want to be wrong, but the blue bloods even in an off year seem to get the gift 8 seed. After the screw job in 2016, I firmly believe we have to remove all doubt and take it on numbers, RPI, and win a few SEC tourney games.

Always remember the selection committee hates us, this I'm sure of.

No, but a team that can achieve the two most recent wins shouldn't lose to Tennessee at home in front of 18,000. Hey, I used to say and think the same things about some of the losses the McGuire teams took. And it was a valid question then also.

It's not black and white. Some teams aren't good matchups, some players aren't hitting shots, etc. They easily could have won that game and lost to Florida.

I agree, but I'm so nervous the committee won't care a shot glass worth about last year. I TOTALLY want to be wrong, but the blue bloods even in an off year seem to get the gift 8 seed. After the screw job in 2016, I firmly believe we have to remove all doubt and take it on numbers, RPI, and win a few SEC tourney games.

Always remember the selection committee hates us, this I'm sure of.
Last year was good in terms of credibility. People know what we are: blue collar, well-coached, not extremely talented.

Honestly, I did see this coming. I've been wrong plenty of times. But this one, I got right. Was thinking it based on our last game with them.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Wonderful win and I'll say straight up I didn't expect it. And excuse me, but I understand even less how we lost at home to Tennessee.
Consistent inconsistency.

We also got blown out by Mizzou who just got blown out by Auburn.

No, but a team that can achieve the two most recent wins shouldn't lose to Tennessee at home in front of 18,000. Hey, I used to say and think the same things about some of the losses the McGuire teams took. And it was a valid question then also.

Tennessee is a good basketball team. Those types of games can go either way. Gotta make free throws. We hit those and we win. Very important in games like that.

e40.jpg

@king ward has never been impressed. Fact

Reactions: coolcock2001
@king ward has never been impressed. Fact
Not fact. I was impressed when we beat Duke in the regional finals and Florida in the Elite Eight last season. I was impressed when we beat UK last Tuesday night. A game which I attended. I was impressed when we came back to beat Michigan in the Outback Bowl. I was even impressed, if surprised, when we beat UF on the road last night. So your statement is manifestly untrue.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Not fact. I was impressed when we beat Duke in the regional finals and Florida in the Elite Eight last season. I was impressed when we beat UK last Tuesday night. A game which I attended. I was impressed when we came back to beat Michigan in the Outback Bowl. I was even impressed, if surprised, when we beat UF on the road last night. So your statement is manifestly untrue.

I’m impressed by king

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT