ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Panicked & Hired Satterfield

1. He didn’t panic, but Satterfield sold a Rhule/Brady Scheme that sounded great on paper.

2. Satterfield will be leaving soon. There may be coaches coaching this weekend you have to wait on and their finalizing a landing spot for Satterfield, because Beamer is a stand up guy.

3. It’s the SEC where a coordinator will make more money than most head coaches in FCS and double the money coordinator coaches make at group of 5s. You’re not gonna hire Kendall Briles or Jeff Libbey but it’s an attractive job for many.

4. Clayton white was a long time DC and Pete Limbo was an old HC. Neither had any issues with working for a first time head coach.

5. The open jobs don’t matter. We’re not gonna beat LSU or Ok for an OC. As we saw last year with Bobo, if a better job is open you’re gonna take it, even if a deal and announcement has already been made.

If he waits that long, a lot of damage will have been done. If he's retained for next year, we deserve every turd sandwich we're going to get served next year.

Programs that are serious about winning DO NOT DO THIS.
No they don't. All you have to do is look around and the moves being made by other schools. We tend to wait and then try and gather up the crumbs. For once I'd like to see SC do something decisive even if it is wrong. In this case, the decisive thing was to terminate Satterfield and Adkins on Monday morning and make a big offer to Longo, Kittley or Lunney or someone else of the same caliber.

I understand the desire to wait and see how all the changes shake out after the season, and I understand you don't want to be without your OL coach and OC for the bowl game, but if we make a move in January it will be too late. I'd sacrifice the bowl game for the long term health of the program.

No they don't. All you have to do is look around and the moves being made by other schools. We tend to wait and then try and gather up the crumbs. For once I'd like to see SC do something decisive even if it is wrong. In this case, the decisive thing was to terminate Satterfield and Adkins on Monday morning and make a big offer to Longo, Kittley or Lunney or someone else of the same caliber.

I understand the desire to wait and see how all the changes shake out after the season, and I understand you don't want to be without your OL coach and OC for the bowl game, but if we make a move in January it will be too late. I'd sacrifice the bowl game for the long term health of the program.
I couldn't agree more, brother.

Beamer has said repeatedly he had 3 names at all positions and he got the ones he wanted. He either did or he's a liar. I personally don't like either answer lol

Beamer has said repeatedly he had 3 names at all positions and he got the ones he wanted. He either did or he's a liar. I personally don't like either answer lol

What I find perplexing is that some people seem dead set on retaining Satterfield, and it seems the only reason is so they don't have to acknowledge hiring him was a mistake.

What I find perplexing is that some people seem dead set on retaining Satterfield, and it seems the only reason is so they don't have to acknowledge hiring him was a mistake.
There were also posters who assured us that Muschamp wasn't going anywhere last year (in spite of spending 2 years on the hot seat).

Seems some kind of twisted psychological paradox....

Wrong. You just made that reason up in your head to justify what you want and discredit any other opinion.

I've stated before, if Beamer decides not to replace him because he feels he inherited a mess and was hampered by injuries, I'm fine with it. I'm also fine if he decides to replace him if he can get a proven, big name OC. But I don't see that happening.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I believe it was Beamers intent and desire to hire Satterfield, if given free reign to hire whoever he wanted. Hopefully Beamers eyes have been opened by what he saw of Satterfields offense this season.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I believe it was Beamers intent and desire to hire Satterfield, if given free reign to hire whoever he wanted. Hopefully Beamers eyes have been opened by what he saw of Satterfields offense this season.
I will have to see it to believe it.

That would be truly frightening if Satterfield was really his first choice.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This part really is odd. Beamer is a rookie HC so mistakes along the way are to be expected. If it turns out that he truly only made one mistake in putting together his first staff then that would still be an amazing track record. To continue to put forth the pretense that a guy who went from OC/QB coach to OC/RB coach to fired HC to TE coach to assistant OL coach is the answer just seems silly at this point.

Do yall really not understand what happened? BOT and Ray to Beamer...we are going to keep Bobo on to help you learn how to be a HC and he will help smooth the transition. Bobo to USC...sure I'll do it for x but behind the scenes I'm not coaching for this kid if someone comes along. Beamer...glad he's gone. I can hire my buddy now. Buddy hired within 24 hrs lol

Do yall really not understand what happened? BOT and Ray to Beamer...we are going to keep Bobo on to help you learn how to be a HC and he will help smooth the transition. Bobo to USC...sure I'll do it for x but behind the scenes I'm not coaching for this kid if someone comes along. Beamer...glad he's gone. I can hire my buddy now. Buddy hired within 24 hrs lol
It is truly hard to believe that this goes unnoticed by so many.

Cool story.

The real story is we go on to beat Auburn and Bobo for our 6th win to become bowl eligible, something nobody expected, and Bobo got his ass fired.

Looks like things worked out, for now.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Cool story.

The real story is we go on to beat Auburn and Bobo for our 6th win to become bowl eligible, something nobody expected, and Bobo got his ass fired.

Looks like things worked out, for now.
What on Earth does that have to do with anything I posted? I'm happy Bobo left and was fired.

You really have an elevator stuck in the basement. Might need to call the emergency services to come rescue you from your illogical posts.

Guys, I feel certain that Satterfield lobbied his ole buddy Shane for the $900,000/year job. I can't blame Satterfield for that. I would have if I'd been him. Didn't Satterfield work under Joe Brady, with the Panthers for a year? I think that Beamer skated over Satterfield's previous poor performance as OC at Temple (and his disastrous 2 years as a Head Coach), focusing only on the fact that he worked under Brady in 2020. Beamer looked at his former wedding grooms man and said "Why not? Marcus can probably bring that Joe Brady magic to my offense". VOILA.....Marcus Satterfield is the new OC at South Carolina.

But the "proof is in the pudding". Marcus Satterfield is not Joe Brady. He is not fit to hold Brady's clip board.

Joe Brady isn't "Joe Brady" without Joe Burrow. Stinking it up at the Panthers.
Yeah, he got a couple interviews for head coaching jobs last season and everyone thought he was this amazing genius the Panthers wouldn't be able to hold on to. Once the rest of the league had tape, though, it turns out he's not anything special and also has atrocious taste in quarterbacks to boot (he had a hand in choosing both Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold). I'm very, very ready for the Panthers to move on.

Reactions: wcocat
I predict that Satterfield will be kept on as OL coach and Co-Offensive Coordinator. Someone else will be brought in as "Co-Offensive Coordinator", BUT the new guy will be the actual Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. I don't know what kind of OL coach Satterfield would be. He was an OL coach only last year with the Panthers as Assistant OL coach. So, obviously making him the OL coach would be a gamble. But, I don't think Beamer has the testicals to fire his former grooms man and fellow former assistant coach. He might surprise me. But, I doubt it. I have no inside information. If that's what happens, you heard it here first.

What on Earth does that have to do with anything I posted? I'm happy Bobo left and was fired.

You really have an elevator stuck in the basement. Might need to call the emergency services to come rescue you from your illogical posts.

Just telling the factual story as opposed to your anti-Beamer fantasy stupidity. Beamer didn't need anybody to help him learn how to be a head coach, especially Mike Bobo. Pretty sure he already has someone to go to for that type of mentorship if he feels he ever needs it. Bobo can't even teach someone how to be an OC.

Guys, I feel certain that Satterfield lobbied his ole buddy Shane for the $900,000/year job. I can't blame Satterfield for that. I would have if I'd been him. Didn't Satterfield work under Joe Brady, with the Panthers for a year? I think that Beamer skated over Satterfield's previous poor performance as OC at Temple (and his disastrous 2 years as a Head Coach), focusing only on the fact that he worked under Brady in 2020. Beamer looked at his former wedding grooms man and said "Why not? Marcus can probably bring that Joe Brady magic to my offense". VOILA.....Marcus Satterfield is the new OC at South Carolina.

But the "proof is in the pudding". Marcus Satterfield is not Joe Brady. He is not fit to hold Brady's clip board.

LOL. Joe Brady fired.

I predict nothing changes. I hope I'm wrong. I think Roper was better than Satterfield.
Just telling the factual story as opposed to your anti-Beamer fantasy stupidity. Beamer didn't need anybody to help him learn how to be a head coach, especially Mike Bobo. Pretty sure he already has someone to go to for that type of mentorship if he feels he ever needs it. Bobo can't even teach someone how to be an OC.
He might need to get some advice on offense...just a suggestion. I know you think we are fine though.

Surely, if Rhule liked Satterfield as OC at Temple, he will hire Satterfield now as OC with the Panthers. Surely.
Do they need a backup water boy? Since he’s taken Satterfield from WB coach to RB coach to TE coach to assistant OL there isn’t anything lower he can give him.

Last edited:
I predict nothing changes. I hope I'm wrong. I think Roper was better than Satterfield.

He might need to get some advice on offense...just a suggestion. I know you think we are fine though.

I never said we are fine. Just that I don't think Satterfield had much to work with and injures were a big factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT