ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer speaks on OL woes

Just finished watching the replay of the game.

Ho-leeeey CRAP. You people harping on pockets, scoop and scores, lol, y’all are insane.

Missouri had us scouted well, and Amen to the poster that called out our o-line as slow. We’re trying to pull guys like we’re the Washington Redskin Hogs, and the defense has already made the tackle before our guys even get to where they were supposed to make their blocks. It’s almost comical.

Brown, White, Bell, Vann, and I’ll say Harris too actually played pretty well I thought. I had actually been pretty confident we would take one of these last two games, but after rewatching this I don’t see any way; too easy to scout how to beat us and we can’t bully our way out of it. We need to dispense with a drop back; this line can’t protect. Roll out every play. If we’re serious about winning we need to sit Lloyd and Joyner and leave them there. Brown is not the greatest RPO or read action guy, probably why he was third team, but with this oline the point is moot. Get in the I and stay there.

Defensively? Just tackle man, and stop with the high tackle stuff.

God help us.

That play where the safety was so obviously coming near the end zone, resulting in a scoop and score, well that tells you all you need to know about both our play calling and player skill. Brown should have called time out, changed plays, or ran to the other side because he stared down that safety. Knew it was coming. That was the play that sealed it.
Last week the staff said they let Douglas call all the protections. So this week the lack thereof is all Brown's fault?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT