ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer to change Logo, Uniforms and Helmets?

svjkn3

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2019
Spurrier’s idea was to always wear white helmets. Muschamp liked the color rush style uniform like in the NFL. Maybe Beamer wants the SC baseball logo. Interesting to see what his plans are. I hope they ask about this Monday at the press conference.

If he does change anything, I hope he convinces the administration to just pay the price to get out from under armour and bring in Nike. Nike is a lot more relevant to the kids today than UA is. Some will say it doesn't matter but it most certainly does.

Yes move to Nike limit the Uniform changes from being every game, this would be a good start.

Spurrier’s idea was to always wear white helmets. Muschamp liked the color rush style uniform like in the NFL. Maybe Beamer wants the SC baseball logo. Interesting to see what his plans are. I hope they ask about this Monday at the press conference.
Can we get a big "WHO CARES"? I cannot believe you guys are talking about uniforms. But, actually, I can believe it. SMH.

Lord, I hope not for football! I love the interlocking SC logo, but I don't like the idea of it on football helmets.

Don't shoot me, but those blue "Gators" helmets that Florida wore at Tennessee yesterday were striking.
I thought the same thing myself. I even went so far as to tell my wife that those helmets looked amazing. Maybe we can get that cool smoky looking red you see on mazdas for our helmets. We'd probably start winning immediately :)

Reactions: king ward
That has “Tanner’s puppet” written all over it if he changes the traditional block c to the BASEBALL logo.

As far as uniforms go I like using all the different uni combos we currently use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
i like the idea of no logo on the uniforms until the team proves themselves for their new coach.

GamecocksNewHelmet.jpg

This thread perfectly epitomizes why we are a pathetic football program. We have 6 combined wins over 2 seasons, just hired a coach with absolutely no HC or OC experience, the CEO of our athletic program is a baseball coach who is so far in over his head that he can’t see daylight, and the women on this board are worried about how our uniforms will look.

This thread perfectly epitomizes why we are a pathetic football program. We have 6 combined wins over 2 seasons, just hired a coach with absolutely no HC or OC experience, the CEO of our athletic program is a baseball coach who is so far in over his head that he can’t see daylight, and the women on this board are worried about how our uniforms will look.

Feel better now? 😂

no, I actually feel worse knowing that the same sissies who are worried about how our uniforms look are the same ones who were pushing for a coach with no HC or OC experience.
Uniforms have nothing to do with who Tanner decided to hire. I would still be interested in this if Tanner hired Chadwell. We get it. You do not like Beamer.

I’m probably the least interested person when it comes to weekly “battle armor” reveals...but...if I was going to make any change to our uniforms, it would be the helmet logo.
Yeah, yeah, the block C and Gamecock are traditional around here. It just seems sort of busy to me. I’d prefer something simple and memorable. Maybe just the Gamecock claw/spur. Nothing else. Kind of like the FSU Spear.

If he does change anything, I hope he convinces the administration to just pay the price to get out from under armour and bring in Nike. Nike is a lot more relevant to the kids today than UA is. Some will say it doesn't matter but it most certainly does.
Yeah lets go nike maybe Colin Kaepernick can come and give some inspiring talks to the team about social justice

We deserve what we get. Many of our fan base isn't dedicated to winning anymore than our AD is.

My vote would be let the seniors vote to decide our uniforms.. Change the culture to produce leadership

They already do. Or was it the captains that pick? I’d bring back big game garnet,
and our throwbacks for home and all whites, g/w/g for away games. Have two options for each but use two for most of games. Keep it simple And recognizable.

Can we get a big "WHO CARES"? I cannot believe you guys are talking about uniforms. But, actually, I can believe it. SMH.
Relaaaaaax my guy lol. It's the offseason, who cares if fans wanna talk about uniforms?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT