ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer to change Logo, Uniforms and Helmets?

I
I do like how we have finally got all of the striping on the helmet, jerseys, & britches to match up. Only other time this has happened was '99. Guess when our uniforms are correct, the team is horrendous.
I don't like the black helmets much, but it seems like we have it figured out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - 1987 needs to be our look. It appears that we've adopted that jersey look for the black, garnet, and white tops. I'm fine with white pants only. We only do full Fire Ants All Garnet/Gameday Garnet for special games, as it should have always been.
NO ALL BLACK EVER AGAIN!

(And yes, thank heavens all the stripes match now.)

The uniforms we have now are perfect. It took them forever to figure it out.
I wouldn’t say that but they keep getting closer to it every year. They still are changing different details on the helmets and jerseys and don’t have all combos working together. Sometimes the garnet helmets still have the white circle also.

This is perfect. Everything matches and looks good.

This is not perfect. With a white helmet on all garnet the middle stripe on the jersey and pants should be white because it would look better and match the white numbers. It changes from helmet to helmet with what looks best. And the old white helmet with the middle stripe black during Spurrier era would look better on the all garnet combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
How about change attitudes and heart then uniforms
That’s already happened, just in the wrong direction. Welcome to the Brave New World of Generation Z where right is wrong, up is down, forward is backward, and the meaning of every word is whatever is convenient at the moment, and everything is politicized (that last is the only thing that’s NOT new, as everything about Carolina is and always has been totally under the thumb of the corrupt, worthless career politicians over at the Statehouse and their equally corrupt cronies, who trash everything they touch in their endless pursuit of personal power and gain)

Lord, I hope not for football! I love the interlocking SC logo, but I don't like the idea of it on football helmets.

100% agree. It's a baseball-style logo, not football. Haven't heard anything about changing uniforms. I'd be highly, highly surprised, if not dumbfounded if that has crossed his mind on the slightest.

Reactions: rogue cock
I've said it before and I'll say it again - 1987 needs to be our look. It appears that we've adopted that jersey look for the black, garnet, and white tops. I'm fine with white pants only. We only do full Fire Ants All Garnet/Gameday Garnet for special games, as it should have always been.
NO ALL BLACK EVER AGAIN!

(And yes, thank heavens all the stripes match now.)

If 1987 needs to be our look, the only jersey we wore at home that season was black, & the only pants we wore on the road that season were black.

Reactions: svjkn3
I do like how we have finally got all of the striping on the helmet, jerseys, & britches to match up. Only other time this has happened was '99. Guess when our uniforms are correct, the team is horrendous.
This is ridiculous. The uniforms were correct in 1980 when George Rodgers won the Heisman. That team went 8-4 and we still to this day see highlights of #38 from that year. Also the Fire Ant uniforms were correct in 1984 and that team went 10-2 wearing all Garnet. I would like to see either one of those again. The History of SC uniforms is so interesting. Gamecock Archives

White helmets mean they can have the all white storm trooper look for away games. Brings back fond memories of Dillon Thompson vs Moo U.

Fans discussing uniforms is totally harmless and has no bearing on anything.

This is ridiculous. The uniforms were correct in 1980 when George Rodgers won the Heisman. That team went 8-4 and we still to this day see highlights of #38 from that year. Also the Fire Ant uniforms were correct in 1984 and that team went 10-2 wearing all Garnet. I would like to see either one of those again. The History of SC uniforms is so interesting. Gamecock Archives

Please provide me with your definition of "correct" & I'll happily debate you on this.

Yeah, I see how all of our imaginative uniform combinations have attracted so many elite recruits. NOT! So, that theory can be trashed. I'm in favor of traditional football uniforms. I won't mention that cow college from the upstate, so I will stick with Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Auburn, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc for the continuity of their uniforms and identity. We should do the same. My opinion.

Reactions: FORKCOCK and svjkn3
Yeah, I see how all of our imaginative uniform combinations have attracted so many elite recruits. NOT! So, that theory can be trashed. I'm in favor of traditional football uniforms. I won't mention that cow college from the upstate, so I will stick with Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Auburn, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc for the continuity of their uniforms and identity. We should do the same. My opinion.

I agree with you, but if you think about it, there really isn't a program on our level that has a traditional, leave-it-alone uniform, is there?

Look here........if I could be made emperor of all things Gamecock, this is exactly what I would do.

First of all, the helmet.....It would be this & there'd never be anything else ever on our heads. The stripe sequence down the center would be exactly the sequence on our britches too.

story2-13-e1606228068906.jpg

Now, I would also make "big game garnet" a reality, meaning, if it ain't a "big game," garnet (jerseys nor britches) ain't getting worn. This means our standard home uniform would be black jerseys, white britches & standard road uniforms would be white jerseys & white britches. Now when a big game rolls around, put on the garnet jerseys at home (and add garnet britches if you choose, but I'd prefer to always just wear the white) & garnet britches on the road.

Black britches can be in the closet but can be worn sparingly. MAYBE for one home game a year & one road game a year, but keep black/white & white/white as the standard home & road uniform.

The white britches would look like these, which 100% match the helmet:
11-2-2006-9-24-34-PM-1623285.JPG

So there...........this is the best & most logical scenario. Someone should make it happen!

Look here........if I could be made emperor of all things Gamecock, this is exactly what I would do.

First of all, the helmet.....It would be this & there'd never be anything else ever on our heads. The stripe sequence down the center would be exactly the sequence on our britches too.

story2-13-e1606228068906.jpg

Now, I would also make "big game garnet" a reality, meaning, if it ain't a "big game," garnet (jerseys nor britches) ain't getting worn. This means our standard home uniform would be black jerseys, white britches & standard road uniforms would be white jerseys & white britches. Now when a big game rolls around, put on the garnet jerseys at home (and add garnet britches if you choose, but I'd prefer to always just wear the white) & garnet britches on the road.

Black britches can be in the closet but can be worn sparingly. MAYBE for one home game a year & one road game a year, but keep black/white & white/white as the standard home & road uniform.

The white britches would look like these, which 100% match the helmet:
11-2-2006-9-24-34-PM-1623285.JPG

So there...........this is the best & most logical scenario. Someone should make it happen!
I wouldn’t mind seeing this. I like your ideas. The pants stripes definitely need to match the helmet stripes if we are using the white spurrier helmets. They would need to also get the pant stripes right when wearing garnet or black and the stripes on the jerseys right also.

I am actually a fan of the Garnet helmets also only if they look like this.

But if they decide to keep the garnet helmets like this

with the black stripe in the middle and the white circle around the block c and a black chin strap then I am not a fan of that. I would rather see the white helmets. It’s to hard to match the home jerseys stripes with white numbers with the helmets like that. So you have white numbers and black stripes. It doesn’t look good all together.

Last edited:
100% agree. It's a baseball-style logo, not football. Haven't heard anything about changing uniforms. I'd be highly, highly surprised, if not dumbfounded if that has crossed his mind on the slightest.
I think it's a South Carolina logo. It specifies we are South, not a big C, which just says Carolina.

This thread perfectly epitomizes why we are a pathetic football program. We have 6 combined wins over 2 seasons, just hired a coach with absolutely no HC or OC experience, the CEO of our athletic program is a baseball coach who is so far in over his head that he can’t see daylight, and the women on this board are worried about how our uniforms will look.

Uniforms play a part in recruiting.

If 1987 needs to be our look, the only jersey we wore at home that season was black, & the only pants we wore on the road that season were black.
And the '84 retro all garnet is irrelevant?
There are 3 different retro combos: '80 with CAROLINA, '84 all garnet with GAMECOCKS, & '87 garnet/black/white with GAMECOCKS.

This is a good George Rogers retro look if they remove the jersey stripes and make the CAROLINA the right size.
51IJ3cZkanL._AC_SY400_.jpg

51OVKaIvnxL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Ya well having Nike seems to work out well for Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, unc, Clemson, Michigan, Florida, Ohio St, Penn St, Oregon, Iowa, usc-w and many more. An none of them have had him come give speeches so I'm sure we would be ok.
It’s worked well for those teams because those teams don’t give a rats a** about what uniforms they are wearing each week.

PETA would be all over a**es in 2 seconds.
Why? Our mascot is a gamecock, and it's known this is what gamecocks use. Also, It's actually part of our main logo anyway. If you look at the bottom foot, this is the same image.

Why? Our mascot is a gamecock, and it's known this is what gamecocks use. Also, It's actually part of our main logo anyway. If you look at the bottom foot, this is the same image.

PETA made a half-hearted effort about 20 years ago to get us to change our nickname and were swiftly rebuffed. With how the climate has shifted and all the free time the social justice warrior types have on their hands to find things to be offended at, I'm really surprised this hasn't come up again.

I think if we were put to make the killing instrument the prominent feature on our uniforms, it might bring some unwanted attention.

Yet they still refused to put spurs on the new bronze Gamecock for fear of backlash. Lest we forget that spurs are a natural part on roosters.

The difference is cockfighters usually remove the natural spurs and replace them with metal ones, or cover the natural with a sharp metal blade.

Reactions: svjkn3 and kotr
PETA made a half-hearted effort about 20 years ago to get us to change our nickname and were swiftly rebuffed. With how the climate has shifted and all the free time the social justice warrior types have on their hands to find things to be offended at, I'm really surprised this hasn't come up again.

I think if we were put to make the killing instrument the prominent feature on our uniforms, it might bring some unwanted attention.
I understand. I just view it as being similar to what FSU uses. Their actual logo (used for graphics and at midfield) is the head, but their helmets have the spear on them for the logo.

Yet they still refused to put spurs on the new bronze Gamecock for fear of backlash. Lest we forget that spurs are a natural part on roosters.

The difference is cockfighters usually remove the natural spurs and replace them with metal ones, or cover the natural with a sharp metal blade.

Yes. In our case, every representation of the spur I've seen on a Gamecock shows it as the attached kind.

I understand. I just view it as being similar to what FSU uses. Their actual logo (used for graphics and at midfield) is the head, but their helmets have the spear on them for the logo.

Apples and oranges really. Cockfighting is taboo, so highlighting the killing instrument used in cockfighting (as noted in Batgirl's post) would be risky.

I'm not saying I agree with the rationale. Teams should call themselves whatever they want and have whatever logo they want. Maybe PETA wouldn't care at all. They haven't really messed with us for the past 20 years, so perhaps we're just not a big enough fish to worry about.

Reactions: kotr
And the '84 retro all garnet is irrelevant?
There are 3 different retro combos: '80 with CAROLINA, '84 all garnet with GAMECOCKS, & '87 garnet/black/white with GAMECOCKS.

This is a good George Rogers retro look if they remove the jersey stripes and make the CAROLINA the right size.
51IJ3cZkanL._AC_SY400_.jpg

51OVKaIvnxL._AC_SY400_.jpg

If we're being totally honest, the 1980 uniforms look like shit. That garnet facemask is awful. Thankfully, JoMo changed our facemasks to black & they've been that way since. The jersey, both home & away, didn't have a shitting like of black on it. No thanks!

Let's go incredibly radical and change the mascot. Then nobody should be able to get their panties in a wad.

Seriously, though, what's PETA going to do? Boycott? People who watch or attend games aren't usually worried about what the mascot represents unless it is obviously discriminatory or something similar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT