ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer's recruiting is killing the haters here....

And you want them to lose to prove it
No...but i'm not idiot enough to think that we can get the brakes we got this year for two years in a row...or year in and out. To top it off....that was some ugly luck for those wins. You feel good about Tenn first half....A&M first 3 quarters..Clemson game? I know you can't win em all....but the sunshine pumpers are right inline with the cancel culture dem voting block that invaded many states and territories this past presidential election. Stomp your foot, tell a lie and chastise anybody who cries foul or disagrees.

I did the same thing. I’m reaching out to one of the guys who originally ran this site. Anyone who has contact info for board moderators, please PM me. I’ll make it my personal mission to rid this place of tater propagandists!!!
You have 30 messages since 2006....on the FGF board. H#LL of a fan there Carolina boy. Your personal mission should be to enjoy the program when its actually good. Not much of a spokesman for SOS during those glory years....but you have a mission now, huh?
PS- Howard's Rock is a joke. It was a doorstop for many years. The real collegitate death valley exists in Baton Rouge, LA. Also, it is a scientific fact that Clemson fans and alumni alike are known mouth breathers. Make it your mission to pop a breath mint every now and again, and stop supporting Jim "Dabo" Bakker-Swinney and his band of merry fruits in the armpit of America.

The ignore feature works better than I imagined. It just shows a blank box with a strike through it on his posts. Everyone try it. I have no idea what his reply was and never will. He’s definitely one of the sicker taters out there… been playing dress-up on this board, pretending (let’s not call it “acting”) to be a Gamecock… putting a subversive tater spin on every single topic he has contributed to in like 20+ years. Anyone gonna be sad to see him go after all this time?

The ignore feature works better than I imagined. It just shows a blank box with a strike through it on his posts. Everyone try it. I have no idea what his reply was and never will. He’s definitely one of the sicker taters out there… been playing dress-up on this board, pretending (let’s not call it “acting”) to be a Gamecock… putting a subversive tater spin on every single topic he has contributed to in like 20+ years. Anyone gonna be sad to see him go after all this time?
Yes. Yes. YES!

No...but i'm not idiot enough to think that we can get the brakes we got this year for two years in a row...or year in and out. To top it off....that was some ugly luck for those wins. You feel good about Tenn first half....A&M first 3 quarters..Clemson game? I know you can't win em all....but the sunshine pumpers are right inline with the cancel culture dem voting block that invaded many states and territories this past presidential election. Stomp your foot, tell a lie and chastise anybody who cries foul or disagrees.
Or, we have a team that despite having glaring holes fought like hell and clawed for those wins. You don't seem to want the team to do well if that means people may date to think Beamer is a good coach, of course all the old players from when he was here, the reviews from media, the fact we got "lucky" enough to double what most thought w would do, the Oklahoma players who thought enough of him to follow, he's reported to be a favorite to be a favorite of people from Oklahoma who weren't even his position group, all of the coaches who said he has the right stuff all means jack because of this nobody shouting into the void with all the anonymity you deserve on a small niche message board, I don't think your opinion out-weighs all the people kissing our flavor of the month ass. Now you tell me, what will it take for you to shut the hell up? A win in the bowl? Ten next season? I think we could build a contender and take the East and you'd blame Beamer if we lost in the SECCG. No good team without a good coach, we like him because we want a good team and believe he's a good coach and we have way more evidence on our side, and you are undermining him.

LOL...I know he can throw. He's also mobile. But...He also has played in AR systems....and with all that football knowledge you have I hope you can see that we run almost the antithesis of that offensive system currently personnel wise. I have seen a couple AR plays thrown in..just like I've seen several other mish-mashed staple plays thrown in our offense...but what he's leaving and coming to SYSTEM WISE....is like exiting a Ferrari and getting in a VW bug. Turn on the UT game vs. Carolina this year for quick reference.
We are a base 12 personnel team. You can make an argument for a Y or H in Air Raid to be a "TE type"....and it still works. But if you give an AR guy a choice between Cordarelle Patterson and Justice Cunningham to play "Y" OR "H"......100% of coaches are taking CP. You can talk about "Power Raid" if you want to...that's just the system's adjustment to everyone else catching up. It's flexible.
Oklahoma is a air raid system? They run the ball a lot as well.

It already had attracted better recruits, we got Stogner with him and a yet to announce third. This will, and I mean WILL make recruits who wouldn't otherwise consider us return our coaches calls. This is like getting Stephon Gilmore. You claim you want to build a winner and are complaining at every turn while we go through that process. This class is similar to 2017, Muschamp's first recruiting class without counting transfers, Stogner and Rattler are not like Feaster because they are already better players than we have at those positions at the college level. Recruiting is about relationships, if you start recruiting a top 5 class year one into a rebuild, you're cheating and the NCAA will bust you. This is how you build a program that will last. Saying this immediately ups our profile in recruiting is in no way an overreaction, claiming it means championships or that we are done building is
You need to tap the brakes on 'who got whom'. Stogner was committing here all along. He convinced Rattler to give us a look - not the other way around. Although I was one of the first to say that Rattler would make recruiting easier since he would attract more elite players, to date not one player that we have committed has committed because Rattler is on the team. That last statement could change quickly and drastically in the upcoming days or weeks. And I thoroughly expect that to be the case.

Riley came up through Leach's tree but he diversified to fit the personnel when he got to Oklahoma and now if anything they have a very advanced system that could be characterized as a modern pro style just as much if not more so than air raid, especially when you consider how much air raid coaches and ideas changed pro football over the last decade, with fire example all of the shotgun spread stuff New Orleans and Seattle incorporated and then later Kliff Kingsbury heading there, also from Leach's tree. In truth, the only people that run a pure air raid is Leach and a couple of his dozen or so proteges. This guy hasn't updated his lexicon since '08 if he thinks our scheme isn't heavily influenced by the air raid just because it's described as "pro-style."

Reactions: Macc Maine
You need to tap the brakes on 'who got whom'. Stogner was committing here all along. He convinced Rattler to give us a look - not the other way around. Although I was one of the first to say that Rattler would make recruiting easier since he would attract more elite players, to date not one player that we have committed has committed because Rattler is on the team. That last statement could change quickly and drastically in the upcoming days or weeks. And I thoroughly expect that to be the case.
I said "with him," I'm sure it was a factor for both of them to pay both with each other and for Beamer. I didn't think we'd get him because there were no rumblings of note until it was said he would be in Columbia. No one will commit for him, but we won't have instate guys ignore the coaches the way we did with Randall, Lukus and Sneed, that's already a win.

I said "with him," I'm sure it was a factor for both of them to pay both with each other and for Beamer. I didn't think we'd get him because there were no rumblings of note until it was said he would be in Columbia. No one will commit for him, but we won't have instate guys ignore the coaches the way we did with Randall, Lukus and Sneed, that's already a win.
I understand and agree with what you are saying. Just don't put the cart before the horse. Like I said, Rattler didn't get Stogner. It was the other way around.

Now, if Rattler had committed prior to A Williams making his decision, then I feel fairly secure in saying he may have committed to Beamer and not Dabo.

Geez, people are still using the term “sunshine pumpers” to describe fans? That’s like Clemson fans calling us “shamecocks” or “chickens”; went out of vogue long ago and id’s the user as a low brow.
These guys (or is it just the one guy with multiple handles?) have been at this juvenile little game of charades for a loooooong time. The “watson” liar has been signed up since inception of this forum - and he goes back even further than that. He used to post under a couple different names on the old ESPN forums back in the late 90’s, and his writing style and word choices are EXTREMELY similar to a guy who used to post under multiple Clemson handles as well: gotigers33, and GreenClemson. I would bet my twin maracas that it’s the same guy…. Which proves your point: he’s an out of touch middle aged dude somewhere around 50 years old. The difference between he and I is that I’m self aware and get embarrassed when I do something that makes me look like an absolute child… him, not so much!!

It may. Saying it will is jumping to conclusions that you're claiming you're not doing.

We're going to need some actual proof on the recruiting trail. While Spencer is a high profile transfer, our actual recruiting class is worse than what Muschamp typically recruited. If you want to claim Beamer is going to be an elite recruiter, he's going to have to do it on that level.

Right now you're jumping to some big conclusions about backups transferring from Oklahoma. Will these guys be Joe Burrows or will they be Tavien Feasters?
STFU LOSER

LOL...I know he can throw. He's also mobile. But...He also has played in AR systems....and with all that football knowledge you have I hope you can see that we run almost the antithesis of that offensive system currently personnel wise. I have seen a couple AR plays thrown in..just like I've seen several other mish-mashed staple plays thrown in our offense...but what he's leaving and coming to SYSTEM WISE....is like exiting a Ferrari and getting in a VW bug. Turn on the UT game vs. Carolina this year for quick reference.
We are a base 12 personnel team. You can make an argument for a Y or H in Air Raid to be a "TE type"....and it still works. But if you give an AR guy a choice between Cordarelle Patterson and Justice Cunningham to play "Y" OR "H"......100% of coaches are taking CP. You can talk about "Power Raid" if you want to...that's just the system's adjustment to everyone else catching up. It's flexible.
The ****? This guys plays too much xbox lol

I'm actually happy about the transfer. That's the difference between you and me. I can be happy and also objective.

I find it interesting that others claim to be happy but then are making up things. So he went from being alleged to be the #1 transfer prospect, to the #1 transfer qb, to the #2 transfer qb if you add in Ewers...

I don't see the benefit of making up "facts" if you're actually happy about the situation.
Lol…..you like to throw the word “objective”around a bunch. You even use that in another post saying rivals recruiting rankings are objective. That’s the most comical thing I’ve read tonight. All recruiting rankings are subjective. They are opinions and nothing else. Do you even know the meaning of the word objective?

Riley came up through Leach's tree but he diversified to fit the personnel when he got to Oklahoma and now if anything they have a very advanced system that could be characterized as a modern pro style just as much if not more so than air raid, especially when you consider how much air raid coaches and ideas changed pro football over the last decade, with fire example all of the shotgun spread stuff New Orleans and Seattle incorporated and then later Kliff Kingsbury heading there, also from Leach's tree. In truth, the only people that run a pure air raid is Leach and a couple of his dozen or so proteges. This guy hasn't updated his lexicon since '08 if he thinks our scheme isn't heavily influenced by the air raid just because it's described as "pro-style."
Great post…..Deboer keeps saying OU runs the air raid offense. I watched four of their games this year and I guess I must be losing it because they run the ball an awful damn lot. It may be my TV was just out of focus.

yes ....since 2000. More "power" raid nowadays...which is a version of AR. It evolved to go against the B12 defenses that were personelling to stop AR. If you put 6-7 DBs on the field every play....you run more power run. This is the "system" that Beamer came out of his 3-4 years in Norman....one I hoped he would bring to Columbia, and didn't.

The ****? This guys plays too much xbox lol
No..I just know what I'm looking at. Not all football fans need to know all that....you can just watch and enjoy for pure entertainment and comradery....but it does make one wonder why so many talk about (and argue) things they obviously don't know anything about.

yes ....since 2000. More "power" raid nowadays...which is a version of AR. It evolved to go against the B12 defenses that were personelling to stop AR. If you put 6-7 DBs on the field every play....you run more power run. This is the "system" that Beamer came out of his 3-4 years in Norman....one I hoped he would bring to Columbia, and didn't.

D, give it up man. Lincoln’s offense is nothing special. They have the players, and they execute at a high level. They drop back and throw the ball some. When your called plays work, you usually win.

2021 (Google is our friend):
  • Mike Leach at MSU (air raid): 671 pass attempt; 250 rushing attempts
  • Lincoln at OU (same thing everyone else tries to do): 374 pass attempts (31.4 per game); 401 rush attempts (33.4 per game)
So this is my last post on this subject, and it’s all good that you believe what you want to believe. That’s what’s great about life. But Spencer rattler is a very good potential QB based on measurable’s, and the system he played in at OU did not pad his the stats. Listen to Heath Cline’s podcast with the OU sideline reporter. Said Rattler’s arm is special. Will he take us upward…. we don’t know until it happens…or doesn’t.

I hope we do well in the bowl, and then next fall just got more interesting. Have a good day

Ever thought of the possibility that Watson and DeBoer are one in the same? A distinct possibility in my opinion. I'm putting them both on ignore....
I highly doubt the 2 are the same. Fact is the younger generation on here probably don't realize Rob was a huge fan favorite back in the day and was one of my favorites as well, so I welcome his insight and even if we have different opinions at times thats what makes for interesting discussions like the AR offense vs our current offense.
But, this Is a different topic for a different day, but eventually I would love to hear how his relationship is with the program and school now. We hear alot of how the univwrsity and some of our programs aren't as welcoming back to former players. Hope this is something thats changing for all carolina sports. But again different subject for a different day.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
D, give it up man. Lincoln’s offense is nothing special. They have the players, and they execute at a high level. They drop back and throw the ball some. When your called plays work, you usually win.

• Lincoln at OU (same thing everyone else tries to do): 374 pass attempts (31.4 per game); 401 rush attempts (33.4 per game)
So this is my last post on this subject, and it’s all good that you believe what you want to believe. That’s what’s great about life. But Spencer rattler is a very good potential QB based on measurable’s, and the system he played in at OU did not pad his the stats. Listen to Heath Cline’s podcast with the OU sideline reporter. Said Rattler’s arm is special. Will he take us upward…. we don’t know until it happens…or doesn’t.

I hope we do well in the bowl, and then next fall just got more interesting. Have a good day
LOL!!!!!! I love when someone’s ridiculous argument gets completely destroyed with one irrefutable data box. It’s like this guy heard someone say “air raid” in a sportscast on his adult son’s iPod in 2005 and has been consciously trying to use the term whenever possible in a desperate attempt to be hip to the latest football lingo. Next thing you know, he’s gonna throw a hashtag in there and really blow everyone’s mind. I’ll never get to see it though… just the empty box with the strike through it. DeMute.

Reactions: tngamecock#

LOL!!!!!! I love when someone’s ridiculous argument gets completely destroyed with one irrefutable data box. It’s like this guy heard someone say “air raid” in a sportscast on his adult son’s iPod in 2005 and has been consciously trying to use the term whenever possible in a desperate attempt to be hip to the latest football lingo. Next thing you know, he’s gonna throw a hashtag in there and really blow everyone’s mind. I’ll never get to see it though… just the empty box with the strike through it. DeMute.

It's always cringe to see posts like this where posters go out of their way to show they don't know what they're talking about.

A simple google search will give you ample of reading material to understand why Lincoln Riley runs an air raid offense.

Reactions: DeBoer31
I highly doubt the 2 are the same. Fact is the younger generation on here probably don't realize Rob was a huge fan favorite back in the day and was one of my favorites as well, so I welcome his insight and even if we have different opinions at times thats what makes for interesting discussions like the AR offense vs our current offense.
But, this Is a different topic for a different day, but eventually I would love to hear how his relationship is with the program and school now. We hear alot of how the univwrsity and some of our programs aren't as welcoming back to former players. Hope this is something thats changing for all carolina sports. But again different subject for a different day.
You really think this is Rob D, and not a tater playing charades?

You really think this is Rob D, and not a tater playing

I don’t think so either, because I know Rob. Hung out with him at Headliner’s many many nights.
I do, and have no reason not to. He is a constant on social media with the health and fitness angle so no reason not to believe he still follows gamecock football closely and on here as well.

No..I just know what I'm looking at. Not all football fans need to know all that....you can just watch and enjoy for pure entertainment and comradery....but it does make one wonder why so many talk about (and argue) things they obviously don't know anything about.
I'll go head to head with you any day of the week. Played it and coached it.

I am in Beamer's corner but we are ranked 40+ on average stars and next to last in the SEC.

Lol….u made me spit my coffee on that one i was laughing so hard.

I still don't know what you're arguing...or why.
Rattler is a good QB...with a lot of arm talent. Who has said any different? But AR/PR put up stupid numbers since 2000 in Norman.

What I am saying is this: Our offense is pedestrian in a lot of ways. It isn't personnelled to be quick strike OR up tempo. If we are gonna be the first 12 or 13 personnel up tempo team.....I don't even want to finish that sentence because the level of stupidity if that's the direction is right up there with letting your most talented defensive lineman come in and attempt a pass on the GL.

Also....what's you're point about AR (Or Power Raid)? It's not special? You're right...google is our friend:
Lincoln Riley Offensive stats at Oklahoma:

YearTeamPassesPassing YardsRunsRun YardsPass/Run %Total YardsAvg. Plays Per GameOffense National Ranking
2015OU4364006563292544/56693177.94th
2016OU3834134564309840/60723273.53rd
2017OU4335065531307445/55813969.93rd
2018OU4004520506349644/56801665.91st
2019OU3804164552339540/60755967.56th
AVGOU4064378543319843/577575713rd

Budman...LOL...I've said this before on other threads and you probably didn't see it. I'm not THE Rob DeBoer....but it's always nice to recognize a Gamecock. I too would love to hear how his relationship is with the school. Loved his passion and style of play on both fields.

With all the trolling and games people play...somehow disagreement becomes offensive. I'm like you...I don't take it personally or as a slight if disagreement occurs...but everything has become a "I'm right/everyone else is wrong" society so it devolves quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT