ADVERTISEMENT

Best Gamecock Photo

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
If you could only have ONE photo or portrait in Gamecock history to have, what would it be?

Reply with a picture or a picture of the portrait.

K2wHcNe.jpg

2p1.jpg

The S.C. Gamecock cheerleading squad shared top honors with the Florida Gators in the National Spirit and Sportsmanship Workshop in August, 1972. The team included Pat Thompson, West Columbia; Camille Bradford, Fort Mill; Vicki Dunham, Richmond, Va.; Anne Harkins, Greenville; Helen Hall, Union; Bev Ballinger, Sumter; Susan Scurlock, North Augusta; Diana Hicks, Rock Hill; Bryan Wright, Atlanta; Louie Smith, Greenville; Sam Barber, Winter Park, Fla.; Robert Hendricks, Appomattox, Va.; Buzz Prescott, North Augusta; Mike DeMauro, Princeton, N.J.; Bill Harvie, Long Island, NY; and Dennis Robinson, Lancaster.

2p1.jpg

The S.C. Gamecock cheerleading squad shared top honors with the Florida Gators in the National Spirit and Sportsmanship Workshop in August, 1972. The team included Pat Thompson, West Columbia; Camille Bradford, Fort Mill; Vicki Dunham, Richmond, Va.; Anne Harkins, Greenville; Helen Hall, Union; Bev Ballinger, Sumter; Susan Scurlock, North Augusta; Diana Hicks, Rock Hill; Bryan Wright, Atlanta; Louie Smith, Greenville; Sam Barber, Winter Park, Fla.; Robert Hendricks, Appomattox, Va.; Buzz Prescott, North Augusta; Mike DeMauro, Princeton, N.J.; Bill Harvie, Long Island, NY; and Dennis Robinson, Lancaster.

I lived one floor below her in Bates House my freshman year. We have been friends ever since. Deborah Kanipe. She and her partner won the national championship at partner stunts while at USC. Only two to ever wim this from the University of South Carolina.

Reactions: vacock#
One of our best offensive linemen ever, Left Tackle, Travelle Wharton. He started as a true freshman. I think we might have been the only P5 offer he received. Lou Holtz saw him practice at the Shrine Bowl and said "who is that guy? we need him." He did not allow a sack after the second game of his freshman season in 2000.
He started in the NFL as a rookie for the Panthers. He played in the NFL for 10 years

nov-2003-travelle-wharton-of-the-south-carolina-gamecocks-during-the-picture-id110347437

I helped a little bit on this one

Edit: photo isn't loading. Tearing down goalposts vs Bama 2001

I know he's vilified on here now, but that one of Tay Tanner years ago sitting in the stadium with the caption "I DON'T ALWAYS GO TO OMAHA BUT WHEN I DO I BEAT CLEMSON LIKE A RENTED MULE" used to always get me laughing.

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT