ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

Have they increased the number of scholarships that a school can give out? I think they have. That will help the elite and hurt schools like SC. The NCAA has revealed its agenda.

Last I heard it was only proposed. But it sounded lile one of those proposals that is going to happen though.

• Sad
Reactions: gamecock stock
Last I heard it was only proposed. But it sounded lile one of those proposals that is going to happen though.
They are intent on going back to the 1960s. As a kid, I was interested and watched. Future kids will do the same. But adults will become less interested, unless they are fans of the elite programs.

Reactions: Lurker123
They are intent on going back to the 1960s. As a kid, I was interested and watched. Future kids will do the same. But adults will become less interested, unless they are fans of the elite programs.
Yep — at least Nebraska will be competitive again. That school knew how to use scholarships to recruit Blue-chippers.

Honestly - I haven't seen blue-chipper recruits without NIL-deals attached in over two years.

It's NIL deals + Scholarship in today's game.

It's a no-brainer for these athletes.

Why would you turn down $300k-5mil+ under any circumstances?

Especially given any NFL future is never guaranteed.

Makes you wonderbif we shouldn't just have the haves and have nothing separate divisions. They can play against each other, but seperate playoffs.
Heck, twice the playoff games would mean a lot more money. Not double, but a lot more.

Makes you wonderbif we shouldn't just have the haves and have nothing separate divisions. They can play against each other, but seperate playoffs.
Heck, twice the playoff games would mean a lot more money. Not double, but a lot more.
Don't be shocked if it comes to that. There are such things as major league and minor league.

If it comes to that, I just hope that Clemson does not end up in the major league while we are in the minor league. That should not happen. But, if it did, that would be a kick below the belt.

I'm predicting 6 wins again this year. Anything more is gravy in my view.

(I'm bad at sports predictions-meaning I have no idea). But I believe I made the same one last year and was pretty close.

I'm predicting 6 wins again this year. Anything more is gravy in my view.

(I'm bad at sports predictions-meaning I have no idea). But I believe I made the same one last year and was pretty close.

Considering the floor is 5 and the ceiling is 7, it’s not hard to be “pretty close”

Considering the floor is 5 and the ceiling is 7, it’s not hard to be “pretty close”

Do we need to remind you again how Spurrier performed in Year 4?

Zero wins against 4 ranked opponents and currently we're playing almost twice that number this season.

If Beamer wins 6 games this season, that would keep him within one game of Spurrer's win count after 4 years.

Do we need to remind you again how Spurrier performed in Year 4?

Zero wins against 4 ranked opponents and currently we're playing almost twice that number this season.

If Beamer wins 6 games this season, that would keep him within one game of Spurrer's win count after 4 years.

Is Beamer as good of a coach as Steve Spurrier?

Is Beamer as good of a coach as Steve Spurrier?

Coaching success is measured by outcomes.

The reality is that Beamer has had one head coaching job, is dealing with a system Spurrier openly states he wants no part of, and yet Beamer is within 1 game of his win total as of today.

Coaching success is measured by outcomes.

The reality is that Beamer has had one head coaching job, is dealing with a system Spurrier openly states he wants no part of, and yet Beamer is within 1 game of his win total as of today.

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

Oh yeah because we both know Spurrier was a much better coach than Beamer.

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

Oh yeah because we both know Spurrier was a much better coach than Beamer.

If that keeps you warm at night.

This has nothing to do about our feelings for either coach Watson.

They aren't our friends or family.

This type of logic is how you end up voting for Harris.

Not to mention, Spurrier is gone. He's not coming back.

We use his achievements as a benchmark for future success.

If that keeps you warm at night.

This has nothing to do about our feelings for either coach Watson.

They aren't our friends or family.

This type of logic is how you end up voting for Harris.

Not to mention, Spurrier is gone. He's not coming back.

We use his achievements as a benchmark for future success.

Says the guy trying to conflate Trump with Eisenhower. But there is a reason you won't come out and say it because you know those comparisons are wrong.

I finally saw someone on TBS say the correct thing. Beamer's entire positive vibes are based on a two week stretch where we beat Tennessee and Clemson. Outside of that two week stretch, the rest of the 2022 was dreadful. All 3 seasons have been dreadful but those two weeks.

Crazy how people can convince themselves otherwise.

Says the guy trying to conflate Trump with Eisenhower. But there is a reason you won't come out and say it because you know those comparisons are wrong.

I finally saw someone on TBS say the correct thing. Beamer's entire positive vibes are based on a two week stretch where we beat Tennessee and Clemson. Outside of that two week stretch, the rest of the 2022 was dreadful. All 3 seasons have been dreadful but those two weeks.

Crazy how people can convince themselves otherwise.

Yet he's within one win of your hero after three seasons. It must be magic to be dreadful and pull off a stunt like that.

Yet you won't come out and say Beamer is as good as Spurrier...

As of today, Beamer's one win behind him and dealing with:

+ Losing his best players at the end of each season
+ Trying to purchase talent with a vastly underfunded NIL budget
+ A strong SEC East

Spurrier had none of these issues.

Spurrier has stated he would "find the biggest wallets around" and "want a $30 mil cap" in that environment.

He's also stated teams like ours are behind the 8-ball because of this new system.

As of today, Beamer has done just as good a job as Spurrier did after three seasons - especially when factoring in the above.

He also doesn't need to set the world on fire to keep up with him after 4 years either if the new offense has any gas in the tank.

Last edited:
As of today, Beamer's one win behind him and dealing with:

+ Losing his best players at the end of each season
+ Trying to purchase talent with a vastly underfunded NIL budget
+ A strong SEC East

Spurrier had none of these issues.

Spurrier has stated he would "find the biggest wallets around" and "want a $30 mil cap" in that environment.

He's also stated teams like ours are behind the 8-ball because of this new system.

As of today, Beamer has done just as good a job as Spurrier did after three seasons - especially when factoring in the above.

He also doesn't need to set the world on fire to keep up with him after 4 years either if the new offense has any gas in the tank.

With all of this said, you still don't believe that Beamer is as good of a coach as Spurrier.

So why argue in bad faith?

Your trolling is not well. Why do the liberal OGs have such a big issue with producing substance?

This actually sums up the difference liberals and conservatives. Conservatives rely on premises and Liberals rely on actual conclusions.

A premise on its own can sound right, because it ignores every other premise. A conclusion requires all of the premises.

This actually sums up the difference liberals and conservatives. Conservatives rely on premises and Liberals rely on actual conclusions.

A premise on its own can sound right, because it ignores every other premise. A conclusion requires all of the premises.

Conclusions are outcomes, Watson. What happened to your education? Blue light is toxic.

What joy do you get out of this trolling that Beamer is as good as Spurrier?

As of today, he's 1 win short in a much more difficult job than Spurrier had.

That's how I measure success. That's how the AD measures success. That's how fans should measure success.

What joy do you get out of this trolling that Beamer is as good as Spurrier?

I would never suggest that myself.

But I don't see any reason to sit around comparing the two at this point. It's a different league now- and a different time.

I'm proud of Beamer. I'm glad he's the coach. I want him to do well enough to hang around for a long time.

Will then be fun watching the pro-Beamer crowd turn on the new coach to try to avoid admitting they were wrong about Beamer.

Not nearly as fun as watching one poster spend a significant part of his life for over 4 years straight arguing that a football coach needs to produce a couple of more wins a year.

I see it happening. The idea that no one can win here will be used to defend Beamer.

Doubtful given he's within one win of the guys you use for your analysis.

If/When that changes, most will be perfectly fine with a change.

That way we don't spend time frustrated and fighting reality.

Not nearly as fun as watching one poster spend a significant part of his life for over 4 years straight arguing that a football coach needs to produce a couple of more wins a year.

Better than four years of defending him.

We don't have among our alumni a Phil Knight to bankroll our NIL Garnet Trust fund. Do we even have any billionaires among our alumni? I doubt it. Should we adjust our goals in college football to just making a bowl every year and not fighting Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Kentucky for bottom feeder in the SEC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT