ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

Muschamp is a tier above the other 3.

5ca0fd4e104ba016f247300f68041e96.gif

Muschamp is a tier above the other 3.

Wrong.

Lost to App St as South Carolina's head coach. (at home)
Lost to Georgia Southern as Florida's head coach. (at home)
Lost to Vandy as Florida's head coach. (at home on homecoming lol)

Beamer has already proven to be FAR better than Muschamp. Not even close.

We have 3 years of evidence that Beamer never would have been able to out coach Drinkwitz

No, we don't have any such thing. Talent level at Missouri and App St aren't in the same universe.

You are a moron. Beamer losing to Drinkwitz at Missouri isn't even comparable to Muschamp losing to Drinkwitz at App St.

No, we don't have any such thing. Talent level at Missouri and App St aren't in the same universe.

You are a moron. Beamer losing to Drinkwitz at Missouri isn't even comparable to Muschamp losing to Drinkwitz at App St.

lol that App state team was better than the first two missouri teams Beamer lost to…

In fact that App state team is probably better than every team Beamer has beaten but one.

lol that App state team was better than the first two missouri teams Beamer lost to…

In fact that App state team is probably better than every team Beamer has beaten but one.

Didn't look like it when they lost to Georgia Southern to week before they beat Muschamp. App St had ZERO 5 stars and ZERO 4 stars. And they beat Muschamp's ass. In Williams-Brice. And not just beat. Embarrassed just about everywhere on the field.

Or maybe that Georgia Southern team was still the juggernaut they were when THEY beat Muschamp's ass at Florida on Homecoming.

LOL.

Didn't look like it when they lost to Georgia Southern to week before they beat Muschamp. App St had ZERO 5 stars and ZERO 4 stars. And they beat Muschamp's ass. In Williams-Brice. And not just beat. Embarrassed just about everywhere on the field.

Or maybe that Georgia Southern team was still the juggernaut they were when THEY beat Muschamp's ass at Florida on Homecoming.

LOL.

Crazy that Beamer is still worse than Muschamp if Muschamp is that bad.

Yeah, you have to be crazy to believe that after seeing Muschamp lose to Vandy and Georgia Southern with FLORIDA'S talent.

Weird you can talk about all this HC experience that Muschamp had prior to coming to USC. Can you tell us about Beamer's HC experience prior to USC?

It will definitely be more enjoyable if we hire a competent coach next go around.
You are going to hate it if Beamer has a winning season this year. It would seem you would be pulling for the guy, if for no other reason, than for the players. But you are just so set against HIM, nothing else matters. You actually act like you want us to have a losing season.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I think you should change your name to watson21 because you definitely do not support USC.
I think he just has strong opinions about Beamer....that he is not the right coach for South Carolina. You can be a Carolina fan and think that way. No non-Carolina fan is going to spend that much time on a Carolina board.

Reactions: uscwatson21
You are going to hate it if Beamer has a winning season this year. It would seem you would be pulling for the guy, if for no other reason, than for the players. But you are just so set against HIM, nothing else matters. You actually act like you want us to have a losing season.

I want us to have winning seasons. That’s why I want a competent HC.

Reactions: gamecock stock
I think he just has strong opinions about Beamer....that he is not the right coach for South Carolina.
Just because he does not feel Beamer is the right coach does not mean he should be pulling for the team to be losers. I mean, maybe if he gave Beamer a chance, he would start liking what the man is trying to do. A school like ours, with our outstanding history, and Beamer is actually trying to change all that.
A school like ours, with our history was lucky to get Holtz, but he did not manage to change it. We were lucky to get Spurrier, thanks to Holtz encouraging him.
It took Spurrier 6 years to get a 9-win season. He followed that with 3 11-win seasons, but then it fell apart. I just feel like Spurrier gave up on us.
I know Beamer was never a head coach, but I feel he knows what he is doing and is getting a strong staff on board to get us back up there again.

Just because he does not feel Beamer is the right coach does not mean he should be pulling for the team to be losers. I mean, maybe if he gave Beamer a chance, he would start liking what the man is trying to do. A school like ours, with our outstanding history, and Beamer is actually trying to change all that.
A school like ours, with our history was lucky to get Holtz, but he did not manage to change it. We were lucky to get Spurrier, thanks to Holtz encouraging him.
It took Spurrier 6 years to get a 9-win season. He followed that with 3 11-win seasons, but then it fell apart. I just feel like Spurrier gave up on us.
I know Beamer was never a head coach, but I feel he knows what he is doing and is getting a strong staff on board to get us back up there again.
I assume you live in Aiken. If so, hi neighbor.

Just because he does not feel Beamer is the right coach does not mean he should be pulling for the team to be losers. I mean, maybe if he gave Beamer a chance, he would start liking what the man is trying to do.

The only thing approaching a reason I've seen behind hoping a coach fails is that you get to fire him sooner, and hopefully find a good coach.

I don't think a lot of people fall in that category. Imo, it's a matter of what you think will happen vs what you hope will happen. Those are two very different things.

As for giving Beamer a chance? Nothing written here will change anything about the team. Beamer will succeed or fail on his own, with no input from us.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Do you honestly think Beamer is trying to do anything different than every other coach we’ve ever had? They all want to win.

The question is if they’re capable of being a winner. Beamer is the least qualified person to have the job in my lifetime. That’s the problem.

Do you honestly think Beamer is trying to do anything different than every other coach we’ve ever had? They all want to win.

The question is if they’re capable of being a winner. Beamer is the least qualified person to have the job in my lifetime. That’s the problem.
You seem to forget; this is the University of South Carolina. Probably one of the most desirable places to want to go coach. Nothing like say, Alabama.
Sadly, our qualifications are nothing like Alabama either. Mike McGee was doing good to talk Lou Holtz into trying it here. It took a year but then Lou had a couple decent years before it fell out on him.
Lou is the one that talked Spurrier into coming here. He actually took him to the lake to look at houses and took him to the Masters to play a round of golf before Spurrier committed to come here.
Spurrier hired Beamer and later made him his RC. Beamer brought in Clowney and Lattimore. After we won the East Division in 2010, Beamer left to go to Virginia Tech and our recruiting dropped off.
Spurrier had the 3 11-win years but then had all his talent was graduating and he was not bringing in new stars. It showed in 2014 and in 2015 Spurrier just gave up.
You say he was least qualified because he had not been a head coach. I think he was more than ready to be a head coach and with the exception of last season, will do a really good job at it. There were just not any good candidates out there that you could convince to come to USC.

We will give Clemson the opportunity to knock us out of bowl consideration and they will oblige. Oh wait that was last year. This year we fall a game short of that.

We will give Clemson the opportunity to knock us out of bowl consideration and they will oblige. Oh wait that was last year. This year we fall a game short of that.

With replacing UNC for Akron, 6-6 would be the equivalent of going 5-7. Going 5-7 would be the equivalent of 4-8.

But I have a feeling we get one upset and end up 5-7 and people will pretend we were just as good as last year and he needs one more year to breakout.

You seem to forget; this is the University of South Carolina. Probably one of the most desirable places to want to go coach. Nothing like say, Alabama.
Sadly, our qualifications are nothing like Alabama either. Mike McGee was doing good to talk Lou Holtz into trying it here. It took a year but then Lou had a couple decent years before it fell out on him.
Lou is the one that talked Spurrier into coming here. He actually took him to the lake to look at houses and took him to the Masters to play a round of golf before Spurrier committed to come here.
Spurrier hired Beamer and later made him his RC. Beamer brought in Clowney and Lattimore. After we won the East Division in 2010, Beamer left to go to Virginia Tech and our recruiting dropped off.
Spurrier had the 3 11-win years but then had all his talent was graduating and he was not bringing in new stars. It showed in 2014 and in 2015 Spurrier just gave up.
You say he was least qualified because he had not been a head coach. I think he was more than ready to be a head coach and with the exception of last season, will do a really good job at it. There were just not any good candidates out there that you could convince to come to USC.

I disagree that candidates won't come here.

There is also a long standing debate on that talent brought in under spurrier. The area had a surge of high talent in that time-frame, and we were recruiting players to play for Steve Spurrier.

It's hard for me to claim that is a reason to make the RC a head coach.

All in all, I can't wait for this season to start. Beamer will either perform, and start putting hot seat talk to bed, or we'll face another year without a bowl, and the future will become more clear.

(Or we'll win 6 games, just enough to keep the debate going.....)

With replacing UNC for Akron, 6-6 would be the equivalent of going 5-7. Going 5-7 would be the equivalent of 4-8.

But I have a feeling we get one upset and end up 5-7 and people will pretend we were just as good as last year and he needs one more year to breakout.
Year #4 at Carolina and his record was 7-6. Year #5 he went 7-6. Year #6 he went 9-5. Not outstanding by the 5th year but this was Spurrier's record here. You just never know. Sometimes it takes time in the best conference in college football.

Year #4 at Carolina and his record was 7-6. Year #5 he went 7-6. Year #6 he went 9-5. Not outstanding by the 5th year but this was Spurrier's record here. You just never know. Sometimes it takes time in the best conference in college football.

But we passed the eye test back then. We felt closer than the record indicated. We were proven right.

We feel much farther away right now. Which is why we are hoping for a miracle to get to 6-6. We expected better than 6-6 under spurrier.

It's in his power then.

If he gets 7 wins this year, regular season or with a bowl, he's safe. He does it again next year, he might hear some rumblings, but he's still probably safe.

That gets him to year 6. But he has to get there with those wins.

Reactions: bucketdad
I am just glad it is so close to getting the season started and yes, I do have my Garnet Glasses on already but here is why.
Yes, I believe Sellers will be a great QB.

Yes, I believe our D will be much better because of the changes they made late last year and the new players they brought in. I think Dylan Stewart will be like a Clowney all over again. He will be a huge + for our D.

Yes, I believe our OL will be way better. Not only are they healthy, but we also now have a 3-deep roster so they can stay rested and not have to always play tired and hurt like they had to do last year.

Yes, I believe we finally have some really good, fast RB that will blow through the D when they try to blitz Sellers.

Yes, I believe our TE's will not only protect the QB but will get plenty of yards when the D tries to double our WR.

Yes, Guys like Harbor and Bennet are going to burn them up with some really big after catch yardage.

No, the sports media does not think much about us, and yes, we looked really bad last season. But I just feel Beamer and his new / improved coaching staff will develop a very good team. I am hoping we surprise a bunch of people just like our Basketball team did last year. Why even come on here if you are not going to support the team.

I am just glad it is so close to getting the season started and yes, I do have my Garnet Glasses on already but here is why.

Yes, I believe our D will be much better because of the changes they made late last year and the new players they brought in. I think Dylan Stewart will be like a Clowney all over again. He will be a huge + for our D.

Yes, I believe our OL will be way better. Not only are they healthy, but we also now have a 3-deep roster so they can stay rested and not have to always play tired and hurt like they had to do last year.

Yes, I believe we finally have some really good, fast RB that will blow through the D when they try to blitz Sellers.

Yes, I believe our TE's will not only protect the QB but will get plenty of yards when the D tries to double our WR.

Yes, Guys like Harbor and Bennet are going to burn them up with some really big after catch yardage.

No, the sports media does not think much about us, and yes, we looked really bad last season. But I just feel Beamer and his new / improved coaching staff will develop a very good team. I am hoping we surprise a bunch of people just like our Basketball team did last year. Why even come on here if you are not going to support the team.

I guess i can only say that you are truly optimistic.

I used to think every question mark would turn in our favor, and every other teams question marks would be issues for them.

Time and experience have made me change that view.

How many weeks till kickoff?

Anyone who has read my posts knows my "garnet glasses" have been on for some time. I can't help it.

I do think our defense will be good. I think, in time, Sellers has the potential of being a great QB.

I agree about our OL.

I am taking a "wait and see" on our RBs.

Beamer is bringing in a good TE through the portal.

I predict no less than a 7-5 record. Did I mention I wear "garnet glasses"?

PS: By the way, my late mother lived in Warrenville for about 20 years after remarrying years after my Dad passed. She married a good Warrenville man.

Nothing wrong with gamecock fans being optimistic about their football team and showing their true colors. Sellers could turn out as a great quarterback but that hasn’t happened yet and I’m quessing it’s going to take some time since he hasn’t played much in a while. OL was not good last year so any improvement would help. I’m thinking the scoring average will be lower than last season so the defense will need to improve to upset teams in order to get bowl eligible. Kinda rough depending on upsets to see improvement in their record but cfb has them every week.

Nothing wrong with gamecock fans being optimistic about their football team and showing their true colors. Sellers could turn out as a great quarterback but that hasn’t happened yet and I’m quessing it’s going to take some time since he hasn’t played much in a while. OL was not good last year so any improvement would help. I’m thinking the scoring average will be lower than last season so the defense will need to improve to upset teams in order to get bowl eligible. Kinda rough depending on upsets to see improvement in their record but cfb has them every week.
Agree with much of that. But IF the OL is improved, and that's a big IF, the scoring average should be higher. The 2 most important positions on a coaching staff are the OL and the S&C. If the OL is not improved and if we have more injuries, Beamer should be questioned as to why he made no moves on Teasley and Day (2 moves I advocated for ). I think the defense will be good. 7 of our opponents are nationally-ranked. An 8th got "honorable mention" votes. South Carolina is nowhere to be found. So, yeah, we have to depend on "upsets" to have a good season. But, that's Beamer's job. He is not getting paid $6 million+/year not to produce upsets. I started a thread many months ago asking whether Beamer has the "coaching chops" to produce a winner here. Why? Because he is not the recruiter of high school prospects that he was sold to the hiring authorities here to being, FOR WHATEVER REASONS. So, he has to make up for high school recruiting deficiencies by "coaching up" his players. Will he? Does he have that ability? This years schedule will answer that question. If he doesn't have that ability, then he is not the right man for the job.

Tell me if you disagree with anything I wrote in this response.

Reactions: Lurker123

It is actually a problem. Our fanbase is so content with believing we are going to be good we never actually demand to be good. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy in that regard.

Back in 2005-08 Clemson fans always said we were content with being losers. I didn’t believe them at the time. But the last decade we’ve just been content with being awful. You have a bunch of fans on TBS predicting 9-10 wins this year. So maybe they’re right.

It is actually a problem. Our fanbase is so content with believing we are going to be good we never actually demand to be good. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy in that regard.

Back in 2005-08 Clemson fans always said we were content with being losers. I didn’t believe them at the time. But the last decade we’ve just been content with being awful. You have a bunch of fans on TBS predicting 9-10 wins this year. So maybe they’re right.
If you read what I wrote in response to Bassslayer, I said in the end, that if Beamer cannot produce upsets this season, he is "not the right man for the job". I'm being demanding there.

If you read what I wrote in response to Bassslayer, I said in the end, that if Beamer cannot produce upsets this season, he is "not the right man for the job". I'm being demanding there.

Not even of us in the fanbase unfortunately.

The real problem is we had a fanbase that didn’t demand a better hire than Beamer. Beamer was always guaranteed to fail.

Agree with much of that. But IF the OL is improved, and that's a big IF, the scoring average should be higher. The 2 most important positions on a coaching staff are the OL and the S&C. If the OL is not improved and if we have more injuries, Beamer should be questioned as to why he made no moves on Teasley and Day (2 moves I advocated for ). I think the defense will be good. 7 of our opponents are nationally-ranked. An 8th got "honorable mention" votes. South Carolina is nowhere to be found. So, yeah, we have to depend on "upsets" to have a good season. But, that's Beamer's job. He is not getting paid $6 million+/year not to produce upsets. I started a thread many months ago asking whether Beamer has the "coaching chops" to produce a winner here. Why? Because he is not the recruiter of high school prospects that he was sold to the hiring authorities here to being, FOR WHATEVER REASONS. So, he has to make up for high school recruiting deficiencies by "coaching up" his players. Will he? Does he have that ability? This years schedule will answer that question. If he doesn't have that ability, then he is not the right man for the job.

Tell me if you disagree with anything I wrote in this response.
I disagree with the OL improving the scoring when it’s the quarterback that you say will be just as good as Rattler in sellers first year starting in the sec. The expectations on him with the schedule doesn’t look particularly promising. Now Coach Beamer has exceeded his expectations when the gamecocks finished the 23’ season on an unexpected roll. Then some of their best players moved on or graduated and I just don’t see the same talent level now. How many NFL players on this roster for 24?

I disagree with the OL improving the scoring when it’s the quarterback that you say will be just as good as Rattler in sellers first year starting in the sec. The expectations on him with the schedule doesn’t look particularly promising. Now Coach Beamer has exceeded his expectations when the gamecocks finished the 23’ season on an unexpected roll. Then some of their best players moved on or graduated and I just don’t see the same talent level now. How many NFL players on this roster for 24?
I did say it's a "Big IF" about the OL improving. I did not say they will improve. I'm a believer that how the OL and DL do, dictates how the offense and defense, respectively, will do. I agree about the importance of the QB. And I'm not saying Sellers will be as good as Rattler. I do believe though he will prove to be a productive QB for us. It usually takes teams 3 games to adjust for a season. We have 2 "gimmes" in the first 4 games. Consequently, I expect a productive year from Sellers. The schedule is tough. But it will usually be tough in this conference. ESPN says we have only the 11th toughest schedule in the SEC out of 16 teams. We cannot use the schedule as an excuse, as some want to do. This is Beamer's 4th season. He better have upgraded the overall talent level of the team.

Here is my bottom line: Beamer has no excuses to produce. He makes $6+ million/year. We were the only team willing to give someone with no experience as either a Head Coach or OC or DC in the toughest football conference in the nation the job of Head Coach. He better produce. Are YOU going to excuse him if he does not produce this season? Or will you be demanding production?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT