ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

He's not going to be better than our greatest QB in history we just had in Rattler.
Like I said, you may be surprised. Too many people think lowly of Sellers. I watched how he played when he was in those 3 games and how he played this Spring. He was good last year. 4 for 4 passing for 86 yds. and a TD. 5 rushes for 51 yds. and a TD. BUT he is going to be even better this year. The way he is watching the whole field and the blitz, not just one WR, he will not have many interceptions. The way he makes his cuts when he is running, he looks like an actual RB. Sellers is going to be a very good QB.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Like I said, you may be surprised. Too many people think lowly of Sellers. I watched how he played when he was in those 3 games and how he played this Spring. He was good last year. 4 for 4 passing for 86 yds. and a TD. 5 rushes for 51 yds. and a TD. BUT he is going to be even better this year. The way he is watching the whole field and the blitz, not just one WR, he will not have many interceptions. The way he makes his cuts when he is running, he looks like an actual RB. Sellers is going to be a very good QB.

I'm not sure people are thinking "lowly" of sellers as much as they are questioning how a RS FR with extremely limited playing time is supposed to step in and be an improvement over what could be the best qb to ever play here.

Throw in that we have questions at OL, WR and RB, and a certain bit of caution seems warranted.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I'm not sure people are thinking "lowly" of sellers as much as they are questioning how a RS FR with extremely limited playing time is supposed to step in and be an improvement over what could be the best qb to ever play here.

Throw in that we have questions at OL, WR and RB, and a certain bit of caution seems warranted.
I'm confident that he'll be better than Doty.

Sellers has the tools to make some plays but he also got hurt and hasn’t played much in over a year. Now how good are the defenses that the gamecocks play? That’s the question and if the team can stay healthy is another issue.

Sellers has the tools to make some plays but he also got hurt and hasn’t played much in over a year. Now how good are the defenses that the gamecocks play? That’s the question and if the team can stay healthy is another issue.
I missed the getting hurt thing.

Sellers will be good. They say a team improves most from Game 1 to Game 2. It will be interesting to see how Sellers plays in Game 2 on the road against Kentucky after the Game 1 cupcake. How fast Sellers improves could be THE determining factor in this season's success; well that and how RB Rocket Sanders performs. If Rocket stays healthy, he could be the horse we have been lacking recently.

I hope the defense is as good as some of our defenders have been claiming. I like DC Clayton White. He is capable. as evidenced by his nomination for the Broyles Award as the top assistant, a couple of years ago.

This is my hot take of the offseason. With Sellers injury prone history, Ashford will see more time at QB than any of us need to see.

And i'm sure @Ward Jr will spend all next offseason arguing what could have been if Sellers wasn't injured.

This is my hot take of the offseason. With Sellers injury prone history, Ashford will see more time at QB than any of us need to see.

And i'm sure @Ward Jr will spend all next offseason arguing what could have been if Sellers wasn't injured.
Ashford has more experience but I want to see what Reno is capable of.

Sellers has the tools to make some plays but he also got hurt and hasn’t played much in over a year.
With Sellers injury prone history,
Some people really need to wake up. LaNorris Sellers did not get hurt last year and is not injury prone. His little brother, Jayden Sellers had an ACL injury that caused him to miss half the season at West Florence
I missed the getting hurt thing.
Because Sellers did not get hurt. The only reason he did not play much was to save his redshirt.

I just wish people would do a little research before they quote things about our players.

Some people really need to wake up. LaNorris Sellers did not get hurt last year and is not injury prone. His little brother, Jayden Sellers had an ACL injury that caused him to miss half the season at West Florence

Because Sellers did not get hurt. The only reason he did not play much was to save his redshirt.

I just wish people would do a little research before they quote things about our players.
He got hurt in high school junior year.

He was hurt his Junior year of high school. But returned strong. In fact, I read that his first game back he ran for over 80 yards and passed for over 200 surprising some his coaches how quickly he returned to playing well right away.

I don't think it's fair to say someone injured one time is injury prone. That doesn't fit the definition at all for reasonable people - reasonable being the key word.

That said, the QB position is one that takes a lot of hits and even the best players are going to be banged up and miss plays.

He was limited his junior season and didn’t play much last season so he hasn’t played many games in the last few years is what I’m talking about. He has potential no denying that.

He was hurt his Junior year of high school. But returned strong. In fact, I read that his first game back he ran for over 80 yards and passed for over 200 surprising some his coaches how quickly he returned to playing well right away.

I don't think it's fair to say someone injured one time is injury prone. That doesn't fit the definition at all for reasonable people - reasonable being the key word.

That said, the QB position is one that takes a lot of hits and even the best players are going to be banged up and miss plays.

He was allegedly hurt last year as well. That’s why he didn’t get to play in the last few games.

Except it was reported he was injured during practice last year.

So either the coaches were lying to the insiders to cover up not playing him or he was hurt.

I got hurt riding a bike when I was 10.
Be careful. These guys might say you are allegedly still hurt and cannot be a fan.
Allegedly, anything is possible. Allegedly just means we do not have any FACTS. But if he had played in one more game it is a Fact, he could not have been a redshirt.

Be careful. These guys might say you are allegedly still hurt and cannot be a fan.
Allegedly, anything is possible. Allegedly just means we do not have any FACTS. But if he had played in one more game it is a Fact, he could not have been a redshirt.

That's not what allegedly means.

Lastly, he only played in 3 games last year. He could have played in one more and maintained his redshirt. Doesn't appear facts matter to you.

So, was the more recent injury (last year) ever reported or referred to in an article?

He was allegedly hurt last year as well. That’s why he didn’t get to play in the last few games.
allegedly or was he actually injured? Allegedly doesn't impress me. I prefer actual evidence and reports.

We have a lot of people who cover the team and report every bathroom trip. So I don't recall that but I didn't keep up with him.

Players are hurt all the time in practice- or tweak an ankle- have a sore shoulder, have a sore knee- and are hurt- that I don't think people consider injury prone. As every former player knows, everyone out there is hurt at some level and plenty of backups don't play because they are sore and there is no reason to play them.

Regardless, he's our starter and seems to be doing well.

allegedly or was he actually injured? Allegedly doesn't impress me. I prefer actual evidence and reports.

We don't have his actual medical records so it's always going to be allegedly.
We have a lot of people who cover the team and report every bathroom trip. So I don't recall that but I didn't keep up with him.
Yes, it was reported by the insiders on another site.
Players are hurt all the time in practice- or tweak an ankle- have a sore shoulder, have a sore knee- and are hurt- that I don't think people consider injury prone. As every former player knows, everyone out there is hurt at some level and plenty of backups don't play because they are sore and there is no reason to play them.
Hurting a non-throwing shoulder in practice is a concern because practice is obviously much lighter than actual game conditions.

We don't have his actual medical records so it's always going to be allegedly.

Yes, it was reported by the insiders on another site.

Hurting a non-throwing shoulder in practice is a concern because practice is obviously much lighter than actual game conditions.
Someone can sleep on their shoulder wrong and it be sore and sit out practice causing a coach not to want to play them since they are a backup. That doesn't make someone injury prone.

I broke my arm 6-7 years ago. Only broken bone in my life. I don't think someone would call me injury prone given my arm is often sore when I wake up and have to stretch it out.

You are focused on taking the most negative view possible on purpose, labeling someone injury prone for no reason so you can paint them in a negative light.

Your standard would make every single athlete "injury prone." That's not true. It's not true, so far, that Sellers is injury prone because he was hurt his junior year of high school and didn't play in 1 more game last year. That's ludicrous.

Someone can sleep on their shoulder wrong and it be sore and sit out practice causing a coach not to want to play them since they are a backup. That doesn't make someone injury prone.

I broke my arm 6-7 years ago. Only broken bone in my life. I don't think someone would call me injury prone given my arm is often sore when I wake up and have to stretch it out.

You are focused on taking the most negative view possible on purpose, labeling someone injury prone for no reason so you can paint them in a negative light.

Your standard would make every single athlete "injury prone." That's not true. It's not true, so far, that Sellers is injury prone because he was hurt his junior year of high school and didn't play in 1 more game last year. That's ludicrous.

Do you only argue semantics? Is that your entire schtick?

So you have an issue with the term injury prone. However, you acknowledge that Sellers has missed game time 2 out of the last 3 years because of injury.

So it's fair to say he's missed game time 2 out of the last 3 years which can be a cause for concern.

Fine.

Do you only argue semantics? Is that your entire schtick?

So you have an issue with the term injury prone. However, you acknowledge that Sellers has missed game time 2 out of the last 3 years because of injury.

So it's fair to say he's missed game time 2 out of the last 3 years which can be a cause for concern.

Fine.

I don't acknowledge it. I have no idea.

I know he missed time as a high school junior when he was hurt. I have no idea about last year if an injury actually kept him out of a game.

Backup players often don't play when they aren't 100%. But starters often play when they aren't 100%. As many players have said over the years, everyone on the field is banged up and hurting. I don't count them as injury prone though.

I'd have to hear Beamer or someone on the staff say "our backup was injured and couldn't go in so he didn't play" to acknowledge he was out because of an injury.

A "he's not 100% so we aren't playing him" isn't anywhere close enough for me to say his injury prevented him from playing because that would be a lie

So no.

You want to create another argument out of thin air because you want to be negative as possible about the players because of Beamer.

if the Liberty coach was in charge, half the team could be on their 4th ACL recovery and you'd be saying they weren't injury prone at all.

I don't acknowledge it. I have no idea.

I know he missed time as a high school junior when he was hurt. I have no idea about last year if an injury actually kept him out of a game.

Backup players often don't play when they aren't 100%. But starters often play when they aren't 100%. As many players have said over the years, everyone on the field is banged up and hurting. I don't count them as injury prone though.

I'd have to hear Beamer or someone on the staff say "our backup was injured and couldn't go in so he didn't play" to acknowledge he was out because of an injury.

A "he's not 100% so we aren't playing him" isn't anywhere close enough for me to say his injury prevented him from playing because that would be a lie

So no.

You want to create another argument out of thin air because you want to be negative as possible about the players because of Beamer.

if the Liberty coach was in charge, half the team could be on their 4th ACL recovery and you'd be saying they weren't injury prone at all.

To be fair, if we had Chadwell we would be busy talking about how we were going to win 8+ games this year. No one would be thin skinned enough to be upset if someone was calling our QB injury prone.

Have y’all seen the 2025 schedule? Road games are @Missouri @Lsu@Aggies @Old miss. VT is neutral. Home- Clemson-Oklahoma-Alabama. Really rough.

Have y’all seen the 2025 schedule? Road games are @Missouri @Lsu@Aggies @Old miss. VT is neutral. Home- Clemson-Oklahoma-Alabama. Really rough.

Yeah, it's just setting up the next coach in a bigger hole. "See we never should have fired Beamer!"

It's pretty much the same SEC schedule, right? (Flip flopping home games)

I didn't realize we had VT added. They're a step up from a patsy.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Based on your exquisite taste, wouldn't we have been in a hole around 110 of the 117 years we've been playing football?

Definitely dug ourselves in unnecessary holes hiring the likes of Sparky Woods, Brad Scott, and Shane Beamer.

Definitely dug ourselves in unnecessary holes hiring the likes of Sparky Woods, Brad Scott, and Shane Beamer.

The fact that this guy WAS NOT on your list proves you are an intellectually dishonest clown with no credibility.

ClutteredUnrulyBichonfrise_size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Robhawk29

Beamer is just a hole in your head right now. Let's see what he does these next two seasons. If it doesn't pan out, maybe you can find some happiness again.

Beamer is just a hole in your head right now. Let's see what he does these next two seasons. If it doesn't pan out, maybe you can find some happiness again.

It will definitely be more enjoyable if we hire a competent coach next go around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT