ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

Then why don't you take the great odds bet when you're the seasoned investor you are?

Bias is a function of confidence level. no?

I just offered you a ringer in that regard.
I will not bet on a bias. How many times do I have to repeat myself. I said that WEEKS ago

I will not bet on a bias. How many times do I have to repeat myself. I said that WEEKS ago

I'll sweeten the pot further. I'll give you 3-to-1 on 7-5. 6-6 will now be a push.

So now all you need is 6 wins for insurance.

Since you've been spouting 7 wins for months now, you should leap at this one.

Maybe on some level. However, it's rooted in fact.
What you fail to accept is that opinions change. Have you ever heard of the economist John Maynard Keynes? He said,

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do sir"?

Google John Maynard Keynes if you think I am making that quote up.

I'll sweeten the pot further. I'll give you 3-to-1 on 7-5. 6-6 will now be a push.

So now all you need is 6 wins for insurance.

Since you've been spouting 7 wins for months now, you should leap at this one.
You repeatedly ignore what I have said. That's further proof that you are a trouble-maker. I tried to give you the benefit of doubt on that. But Watson and Lurker are right about you. I was wrong about you.

You repeatedly ignore what I have said. That's further proof that you are a trouble-maker. I tried to give you the benefit of doubt on that. But Watson and Lurker are right about you. I was wrong about you.

What? So you're now the official victim when I simply offer you a bet given that you've stated we're going to 7 wins forever.

It's not like I'm the only one who has questioned your posts to this end?

Now THAT you are right about. I'm one of the few I know who have gone out on the limb on that.

And of course, you ignore that I stated weeks ago that my bias was showing there. But. that's typical of you.

So, answer Keynes question: When the facts change, what do YOU do, sir?

What? So you're now the official victim when I simply offer you a bet given that you've stated we're going to 7 wins forever.

Answer Keynes question: When the facts change, what do YOU do?

You double-down on your can't lose bet.
Here is the bottom line. We brought in more talent from the portal than we lost. We brought in more 4 stars than we lost. Our coaching staff, was upgraded bringing in someone with NFL experience and 2 Head Coaches from other schools to be staff assistants. That's not bad. Do you disagree with that?

What are you talking about Stock? You're opinion currently is 7 wins. I gave you a ringer bet based on that bias. You declined. End of story.
You ignore all that I have said Ward. That's typical of you. You are a trouble-maker. Lurker and Watson are right about you.

Here is the bottom line. We brought in more talent from the portal than we lost. We brought in more 4 stars than we lost. Our coaching staff, was upgraded bringing in someone with NFL experience and 2 Head Coaches from other schools to be staff assistants. That's not bad. Do you disagree with that?

Here's the bottom line. We're now in the 30s in total recruiting ranking which includes your portal rank because we don't have enough money for high school talent and also can't retain them because of the same reason.

Here's the bottom line. We're now in the 30s in total recruiting ranking which includes your portal rank because we don't have enough money for high school talent and also can't retain them because of the same reason.
And how did we do in recruiting before NIL? Were we a recruiting powerhouse?

We followed up a Top 10 Transfer Portal ranking with an 8-5 season. We had a Top 10 portal ranking this past year.

We did much better than we do now. You're arguing in circles Stock. If you want that bet, you know where to reach me.
Oh I agree we did better before NIL in HIGH SCOOL recruiting. But we are closing that gap through portal recruiting, which you typically ignore. I wonder why?

Ha. You and I both know that's a small part of the equation and also can be a symptom of losing your best talent -- as it is on our case.
And do you disagree that we upgraded our overall coaching staff in the off-season? Hmmmmm?

Oh I agree we did better before NIL in HIGH SCOOL recruiting. But we are closing that gap through portal recruiting, which you typically ignore. I wonder why?

Try to pick yourself up and move forward Stock. It's been fun but I've got to run. I'm certain we'll do it again though.

The bet remains standing in case you have any more revelations. :)

Try to pick yourself up and move forward Stock. It's been fun but I've got to run. I'm certain we'll do it again though.

The bet remains standing in case you have any more revelations. :)
And you failed to answer my questions Ward. So, I'm not surprised that you are running away.:D

"How dare you use my words against me!" ~ Gamecock Stock :)
Ward, tell me if you agree with this: If we don't split the first 2 conference games (Kentucky and LSU), that will be the beginning of the end for Beamer.

Kentucky is on the road. But we have beaten them the past 2 years. Player-talent -wise, we are fairly equal. Yes LSU has more talent than us. But we have them at home. And Ole Miss beat them at home last year. So, it's not impossible to beat them at our place. After all, we beat a more talented Tennessee team at home 2 years ago. I know, I know, we have different players. But we were outmanned 2 years ago but still won. And we have upgraded our coaching staff since then. SO, split the first 2 conference games or that will be the beginning of the end for Beamer. WHAT SAY YOU?

And on another subject. I agree we are poor regarding NIL. That being said, I see no way that we will ever be NIL wealthy. I see no Elon Musk or Warren Buffet in our alumni nor corporations to make us NIL wealthy. I see nothing on the horizon of the NCAA putting a cap on NIL spending. Keep in mind, USC has never been a recruiting juggernaut. That won't change even if there is a cap on NIL. That being the case, Beamer has to "do more with less". If he is unable to do that, do we keep him and accept that we will always be a low tier SEC team or do we make a move on him? (NOTE: We missed out on 3 of 4 highly rated recruits over the weekend. That is our future in recruiting, unfortunately). So, again, do we keep him and accept our SEC low tier status or do we try to somehow upgrade our coaching HOPING that can make a difference? WHAT SAY YOU?

The above are 2 questions to think about. I'd like to know what you think (WITHOUT giving a snarky response).

By the way, you BETTER HOPE we make a bowl, which is 6-6. If we don't, you "ain't" seen nothing yet regarding attrition if we don't make a bowl again. That means if we don't beat Kentucky in Lexington, we have to upset 2 of LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Missouri, Texas A&M and Clemson. If you think recruiting is lackluster now, just wait,

Last edited:
Ward, tell me if you agree with this: If we don't split the first 2 conference games (Kentucky and LSU), that will be the beginning of the end for Beamer.

Kentucky is on the road. But we have beaten them the past 2 years. Player-talent -wise, we are fairly equal. Yes LSU has more talent than us. But we have them at home. And Ole Miss beat them at home last year. So, it's not impossible to beat them at our place. After all, we beat a more talented Tennessee team at home 2 years ago. I know, I know, we have different players. But we were outmanned 2 years ago but still won. And we have upgraded our coaching staff since then. SO, split the first 2 conference games or that will be the beginning of the end for Beamer. WHAT SAY YOU?

And on another subject. I agree we are poor regarding NIL. That being said, I see no way that we will ever be NIL wealthy. I see no Elon Musk or Warren Buffet in our alumni nor corporations to make us NIL wealthy. I see nothing on the horizon of the NCAA putting a cap on NIL spending. Keep in mind, USC has never been a recruiting juggernaut. That won't change even if there is a cap on NIL. That being the case, Beamer has to "do more with less". If he is unable to do that, do we keep him and accept that we will always be a low tier SEC team or do we make a move on him? (NOTE: We missed out on 3 of 4 highly rated recruits over the weekend. That is our future in recruiting, unfortunately). So, again, do we keep him and accept our SEC low tier status or do we try to somehow upgrade our coaching HOPING that can make a difference? WHAT SAY YOU?

The above are 2 questions to think about. I'd like to know what you think (WITHOUT giving a snarky response).

By the way, you BETTER HOPE we make a bowl, which is 6-6. If we don't, you "ain't" seen nothing yet regarding attrition if we don't make a bowl again. That means if we don't beat Kentucky in Lexington, we have to upset 2 of LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Missouri, Texas A&M and Clemson. If you think recruiting is lackluster now, just wait,

Outside of the OCC schedule and maybe Vandy, I wouldn't place a dime on us the entire season unless we somehow come out hot against UK.

This forum is an echo chamber and reality exists outside of it. I also don't believe the administration is thinking at all about canning Beamer right now whatsoever. It would have to get extremely ugly for him to go.

What I would expect is for us to get 4 to 6 wins. Then the University will have a decision to make at the beginning of next year with regard to NIL funding. In 2025, they can get involved legally and probably would to help stop the bleeding because fans will be getting hip to the fact we're on a downhill slide in the talent sector and money is the only way out unless sanity is restored to the system. It would probably be costly for them to try to sell a 4-8 (or whatever) team in 2025 without a hook -- and buying more players would be that hook. Beamer's fate would then be decided on how his team performs with the needed money infusion.

What you anti-Beamer guys miss is that we're not going to get a high level coach until we prove we've got money to spend on talent. Why would a hot coach want anything to do with a team who can't buy the better players now? Without funding, the best you can hope for is another Beamer-type who is OK with doing the $35-40mil, 5-year package and then head to the back of the line in the coaching profession. Some would obviously leap at this -- just not higher end coaching staffs.

Outside of the OCC schedule and maybe Vandy, I wouldn't place a dime on us the entire season unless we somehow come out hot against UK.

This forum is an echo chamber and reality exists outside of it. I also don't believe the administration is thinking at all about canning Beamer right now whatsoever. It would have to get extremely ugly for him to go.

What I would expect is for us to get 4 to 6 wins. Then the University will have a decision to make at the beginning of next year with regard to NIL funding. In 2025, they can get involved legally and probably would to help stop the bleeding because fans will be getting hip to the fact we're on a downhill slide in the talent sector and money is the only way out unless sanity is restored to the system. It would probably be costly for them to try to sell a 4-8 (or whatever) team in 2025 without a hook -- and buying more players would be that hook. Beamer's fate would then be decided on how his team performs with the needed money infusion.

What you anti-Beamer guys miss is that we're not going to get a high level coach until we prove we've got money to spend on talent. Why would a hot coach want anything to do with a team who can't buy the better players now? Without funding, the best you can hope for is another Beamer-type who is OK with doing the $35-40mil, 5-year package and then head to the back of the line in the coaching profession. Some would obviously leap at this -- just not higher end coaching staffs.
First of all I am not anti-Beamer. To be anti-Beamer I would want him to fail. That is a low blow. The fact I was not for his hire does not mean I want him to fail. Find anything I have posted that says I "want" Beamer to fail. You won't because you can't. You can't because I didn't.

Hopefully, there will be more NIL funding. But, even if there is, we have never been a recruiting powerhouse in all the years I have been keeping up with recruiting, going back to the 1970s. And of course we can expect other schools to increase their NIL funding, IF they can find sources, which applies to all schools, including us. I would not hold my breath that an infusion of more NIL money will make us a recruiting juggernaut. Even Brad Scott, who was labeled by a recruiting guru as the "best recruiter in the nation" had difficulty recruiting here, unlike what he was able to do at Florida State. Will Muschamp a reputed strong recruiter did not "kill" it in recruiting here like he did at Florida and Texas. We are a relatively small state sharing it with a national power (Clemson). And we are geographically close to traditional national powers Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. This is a tough place to recruit to. It does not mean we can't try. But we have to be realistic. The difficulty to recruit here will never change no matter how much we want it to. History proves that.

I hope we get bowl eligible this season. If not, as I said, what will get ugly are the departures from this program. And recruiting will get really bad. Consequently, the pot hole you might be seeing the program in right now will become China-deep when it's all said and done.

I'm pulling for Beamer. But if we ever have to make a change, I have no doubt we can get a young, proven successful Head Coach from lower tier FBS school who wants to increase his salary 4,5, 10X. Can we ever win the national championship here? No. How about the SEC? No. The best we can hope for is to be a consistent Top 20 program. That's realistic.

Last edited:
I also don't believe the administration is thinking at all about canning Beamer right now whatsoever.

Of course Ray Tanner doesn't want to admit he was wrong about his hire. That's how it works at every school. Coaches only ever get fired when the fanbase demands.

Every administration is ok with being terrible as long as the fans keep paying.

We could have hired a much better coach when Beamer was hired. Quit trying to argue that Beamer is the best we can do.

Lastly, you have no idea how our NIL funds actually compare so you're just making things up at this point.

Of course Ray Tanner doesn't want to admit he was wrong about his hire. That's how it works at every school. Coaches only ever get fired when the fanbase demands.

We could have hired a much better coach when Beamer was hired. Quit trying to argue that Beamer is the best we can do.

Lastly, you have no idea how our NIL funds actually compare so you're just making things up at this point.
I was told by someone, I will just say someone WELL-CONNECTED to the BOT, that Chadwell did interview for the job. Whether that was a "courtesy" interview because he was in-state and very successful...... he didn't say. Supposedly, he did not interview well. I take the attitude that Steve Spurrier took when the Florida AD told him to send in his resume if he was interested in the Head Coaching job: "My resume is in your trophy case". LOL

Better coaches is yet to be determined. Better players is yet to be determined. What happened two years ago doesn’t make any difference when you lose your players that made the difference. The players incoming haven’t done anything at the university or South Carolina. Until they do something it’s all hope and dreams.

The new women's softball coach was bragging about all the NIL money available to her. Beamer apologists, seems to me, want to make excuses for him. It does not change the fact that this is a tough place to recruit to, NIL or no NIL.

Better coaches is yet to be determined. Better players is yet to be determined. What happened two years ago doesn’t make any difference when you lose your players that made the difference. The players incoming haven’t done anything at the university or South Carolina. Until they do something it’s all hope and dreams.
What you have to hope for AND EXPECT is that the Head Coach is improving the player talent level all the time and that the new coaches he is bringing in are better than those before them. Beamer has never been a Head Coach before here. His early years here were "on-the-job training" for him. You have to hope AND EXPECT he is getting better at the job. Time will tell.

Reactions: Lurker123
Better coaches? Who? Improving player talent at what position? Where do you see this? Most sports journalists don’t have the gamecocks improving this year. Expecting and hoping that an individual with no prior experience at being a Head coach is now going to improve on hope and optimism. Okay gotcha. I’m afraid it might take a whole lot more than that.

Better coaches? Who? Improving player talent at what position? Where do you see this? Most sports journalists don’t have the gamecocks improving this year. Expecting and hoping that an individual with no prior experience at being a Head coach is now going to improve on hope and optimism. Okay gotcha. I’m afraid it might take a whole lot more than that.
What part of "hope" and "expect" do you not understand? Where did I say "know"? None of us KNOW, one way or the other. But this is a business, not a charity. If we don't expect and demand improvement, what are we doing in this sport? Next time, read the last sentence: "Time will tell". sheesh. smh

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT