ADVERTISEMENT

BEST place to eat in Knoxville for those coming up!!!!

Go to Calhouns every time I'm in the area, usually either the one in Gatlinburg or PF. Never eaten their BBQ.

Ale chops, spinach maria, and baked potato. Thank me later.

Pretty good brewery at both locations too.

TN-Gamecock is also correct, Ye Olde Steakhouse is very good.

Reactions: mikeypen
We use to eat at Calhoun's on the river when the Knoxville Gamecock Club sponsored the BBQ dinner. Plus, the Gamecock band, cheerleaders and Cocky were always there. The last time I went to Knoxville was 2013 and the game was a noon kickoff. But there was no Knoxville sponsored BBQ, band, cheerleaders and no Cocky. That was the game the UT receiver caught the ball in the bend of his arm that set-up the winning FG. Man, that sucked. I haven't been back to rockyflop since.

Last edited:
Last meal I had there was a few years ago at the Ruby Tuesday across the street from the airport. They have a salad bar!

Maybe for Gamecocks headed towards Nashville or Chattanooga....Turkey Creek for those that don't know Knoxville, it's way out in West Knoxville....the drive and traffic is awful...my niece lives in Oak Ridge...

I also like the Apple House in Pigeon Forge for those staying the Gatlinburg area....
Is that a different place from the Apple Barn?

I guess for those of us that live in Tennessee, Calhoun's is just another chain restaurant...it's ok...I think most people liked it for obvious reasons. It's on the Tennessee River, walking distance to the stadium and they did host us there for a while....

Ye Ole Steakhouse on Chapman Highway, minutes from Neyland Stadium...

This is my fav restaurant in metro Knoxville

www.yeoldesteakhouse.com
The dayz of family operated are long gone…..let a corporation feed the masses.

I guess for those of us that live in Tennessee, Calhoun's is just another chain restaurant...it's ok...I think most people liked it for obvious reasons. It's on the Tennessee River, walking distance to the stadium and they did host us there for a while....
What happened to the Knoxville Gamecock Club sponsoring the BBQ before the UT game?

The dayz of family operated are long gone…..let a corporation feed the masses.

You can eat at the BIG Salvation Army & Homeless shelter around the corner on Broadway!!! The Regas has been closed for MANY years now...

Go to Ye Ole Steakhouse if you want a family operated restaurant.

By the way, Wade's in Spartanburg which is family owned, is closing on saturdays now due to now having enough help...YIKES!!!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You can eat at the BIG Salvation Army & Homeless shelter around the corner on Broadway!!! The Regas has been closed for MANY years now...

Go to Ye Ole Steakhouse if you want a family operated restaurant.

By the way, Wade's in Spartanburg which is family owned, is closing on saturdays now due to now having enough help...YIKES!!!
Oh, wow, they had a nice meat&3

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I think most small towns here in Tennessee all have Diners...which is where you'll get your meat + 3...

If you're coming over from Asheville on I26, stop in at Clarence's Drive In in Erwin, and you can get your country fixin's plus breakfast all day...coffee is pretty good too...Course a lot of people who cross the border into Tennessee want to come to Pal's to eat...

Where's the best place to vomit in Knoxville? Not looking for crowds but convenient parking. Corporate or family owned will do. Or should it be inside the stadium. What are those lines like?

I think most small towns here in Tennessee all have Diners...which is where you'll get your meat + 3...

If you're coming over from Asheville on I26, stop in at Clarence's Drive In in Erwin, and you can get your country fixin's plus breakfast all day...coffee is pretty good too...Course a lot of people who cross the border into Tennessee want to come to Pal's to eat...
Love me some Pal's.

There are no Pals Sudden Service in Knoxville that I know of seems to stop around Morristown and maybe Greeneville. I go into Sevierville but do not remember if one is there or not. I do not know why they do not get into Knoxville.

There are no Pals Sudden Service in Knoxville that I know of seems to stop around Morristown and maybe Greeneville. I go into Sevierville but do not remember if one is there or not. I do not know why they do not get into Knoxville.
Jefferson City, there is one right off I-40...here is the link to Pals which has locations...

104 Mossy Creek Drive
Jefferson City, TN 37760
(865) 475-4936

So many people come over from Mars Hill, Burnsville, Spruce Pine just to eat at Pal's so my guess i WNC will be next...It's been mainly a Northeast TN/SW Virginia company originating in Kingsport...

Morristown, Jefferson City, imo will be as far to Knoxville as they get...

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
If you want good food, stay away from Ye Olde Steakhouse. May have the 6th or 7th best steak in town. If going to the game, you will have to park downtown so get there early and try Cafe 4, Tupelo Honey. Balter Beerworks (on Jackson Ave so can be a hike) or Southern Grits. Since a lot of the hotels are west, if you are spending the night try Aubreys at Papermill, Connors, Parkside Grill (owned by grandson of Regas owner) Double Dogs, Soccer Taco or one of the several Calhoun's out west. On Neyland Dr is Calhouns but the best steak in town belongs to Ruth Chris just past Calhouns. If you want a brewery to go with good food, then Downtown Brewer and Grill is a good place.

Does Calhouns still have gameday parking/tailgating? Where are all of the Gamecocks parking?
Bump, I'm making the trip for the first time and interested in parking too. I don't mind paying out the wazoo to be close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT