ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 just voted to move to the spring.

Spring is pointlessly. Most nfl type players won’t even play. What if some decide to play what about the playoff. What a cluster F$$$

Reactions: jeff2001
1918 Football Schedule
Season Record
  • OVERALL2-1-1
  • PCT.625
  • CONF0-0-0
  • PCT.000
  • STREAKT1
  • HOME1-1-0
  • AWAY1-0-0
  • NEUTRAL0-0-1
Scheduled Games
  • Clemson.png

NOV 2 (SAT) TBA

VS
    CLEMSON
    COLUMBIA, S.C.

L, 0-39
  • Furman.png

NOV 16 (SAT) TBA

AT
    FURMAN
    GREENVILLE, S.C.

W, 20-12
  • wofford_logo_200px.png

NOV 23 (SAT) TBA

VS
    WOFFORD
    COLUMBIA, S.C.

W, 13-0
  • The-Citadel.png

NOV 28 (THU) TBA

THE CITADEL
    ORANGEBURG, S.C.

T, 0-0

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/football/schedule/1918

Today's men are nothing but wussies...

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Considering the SEC or ACC won 13 of the last 14 national championships, what does it matter what the other conferences do?

Seems like I read an article yesterday that SEC was already negotiating an exclusive tv contract for this year.

Considering the SEC or ACC won 13 of the last 14 national championships, what does it matter what the other conferences do?

Seems like I read an article yesterday that SEC was already negotiating an exclusive tv contract for this year.

Seriously, throw in the B12, and I think we could have a legitimate season and playoff.

1918 Football Schedule
Season Record
  • OVERALL2-1-1
  • PCT.625
  • CONF0-0-0
  • PCT.000
  • STREAKT1
  • HOME1-1-0
  • AWAY1-0-0
  • NEUTRAL0-0-1
Scheduled Games

https://gamecocksonline.com/sports/football/schedule/1918

Today's men are nothing but wussies...

Life expectancy was 36 years old for men in 1918 for a reason.

Ten years less than the year before and year after.

Last edited:
Heck...maybe the PAC 12 will grow some balls and join the party. The Big 10 will be left holding nothing
Don't see that happening. It has been reported all day that the doctors consulting the PAC-12 have said that you can't play in these conditions. The commissioner of the MAC said doctors consulting him said the same thing. That is why they cancelled their season. I think the medical advice is pretty much in consensus on this. The question is whether other conferences defy their advice and try to play.

Life expectancy was 36 years old for men in 1918 for a reason.

Ten years less than the year before and year after.

And they still played on through the virus...

We are soft men... Maybe that's why you see Frank Thomas hocking Nugenix...

"The Big Hurt" my foot... More like "The Big Softy..."Need the boost of Nugenix...

And they still played on through the virus...

We are soft men... Maybe that's why you see Frank Thomas hocking Nugenix...

"The Big Hurt" my foot... More like "The Big Softy..."Need the boost of Nugenix...

Playing through the virus and not knowing how to act caused the dip in life expectancy (along with WWI) - they didn’t just soldier on because they were tough. We aren’t softer, we’re smarter. You think if they knew what we know now they’d all just yell YOLO and go for it?

(You know with the flip side of YOLO being YODO.)

Don't see that happening. It has been reported all day that the doctors consulting the PAC-12 have said that you can't play in these conditions. The commissioner of the MAC said doctors consulting him said the same thing. That is why they cancelled their season. I think the medical advice is pretty much in consensus on this. The question is whether other conferences defy their advice and try to play.
Not total consensus—ACC lead Medical Dr from Duke has advised that football can be safely played and poses no greater risk ( I’m paraphrasing but something to that effect)
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ll-football-season-played-safely?platform=amp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT