ADVERTISEMENT

Big BB Game Tonight...

Not a must win, but a win tonight put us in a good position, in my opinion a win tonight finally cancels out one of our bad losses.

When you're on the bubble, they're all a must-win. We know from experience, if you leave it up to a toss-up decision by the committee, you're likely to be disappointed on selection Sunday.

Not a must win, but a win tonight put us in a good position, in my opinion a win tonight finally cancels out one of our bad losses.

It's interesting to read the many different opinions this board has, as to our tournament chances. Certainly, not arguing or trying to make any point, however, my opinion is the polar opposite. I feel this is a Must win for us to have any chance to make the Big Dance.

With that said, ... To me, the N.I.T. is an unacceptable consolation and more 'personally', we all can stop posting 'Well, we can still win the SEC Tournament and get in'. Grow Up, we all understand that. Last statement not aimed at you Gamekem

It's interesting to read the many different opinions this board has, as to our tournament chances. Certainly, not arguing or trying to make any point, however, my opinion is the polar opposite. I feel this is a Must win for us to have any chance to make the Big Dance.

With that said, ... To me, the N.I.T. is an unacceptable consolation and more 'personally', we all can stop posting 'Well, we can still win the SEC Tournament and get in'. Grow Up, we all understand that. Last statement not aimed at you Gamekem
No big deal I have never made that statement before anyway, every game is technically a must win at this point in the season. But to make the tournament we don't have to win this game, it's on the road vs a quad1 team. A close lost shouldn't hurt us that much. We don't have to win out but going 4-2 should be good enough to be on the right side of the bubble going into the SEC tournament.

Reactions: roosterbell

It's not a must-win to make the tournament.

It is a must-win if we want to be assured of making the tournament (short of winning the SECT).

I read an article somewhere that had us slightly outside of the bubble. The commentary was basically that we are an enigma with impressive wins on the road and head scratching losses at home. I think the saving grace is that the inconsistency came earlier in the year, and we’ve really been on a good run in conference play. That either says something positive about our growth or something negative about the strength of our conference. I tend to believe the former.

My gut tells me a sweep this week (which is vey hard to pull off) will have us squarely inside the bubble. And if that were to happen, I don’t see us slipping up against UGA or Vandy. It’s no fluke at that point...

A win tonight would be massive Quad 1, still a lot of work to do even if we win, can only afford to lose 2 more games. We have to finish 4-2 in the last 6 at least, and then win two in the SEC tournament.

I don't think it is a must win but it would be a HUUUUGE win.
This is one I marked down as an acceptable loss. But it does mean we probably have to beat LSU at home and Bama on the road. Frankly, if it is a choice I'd rather lose tonight and win the rest.

But let's just win the game and see what happens.

Reactions: Expro19 and Gamekem
16 wins with 6 games to go.

Win them all and we are in regardless of the SECT

Win 5 and we are probably in regardless of the SECT, but one win in the SECT to be sure.

Win 4 and we probably have to win 2 in the SECT to be sure.

Win 3 or less and we have to win the SECT.

It would be nice to be at full strength. With Minaya and McCreary we stood a much stronger chance to win any of the remaining games.

We might see a lot of guard heavy line ups tonight and our remaining bigs need to stay out of foul trouble. We can win this game if we don't foul and it would be nice to see Bolden, Lawson and Cousinard get hot from 3.

Which team will show up tonight? I think this is another "must win" game for post season play... Kostar needs a little more help from AJ.....

Tell me how they practiced yesterday. That’s what coach will say tomorrow, right? Think he’s a pro at covering his ass? Of course he is.

Reactions: TAV31
This is one I marked down as an acceptable loss. But it does mean we probably have to beat LSU at home and Bama on the road. Frankly, if it is a choice I'd rather lose tonight and win the rest.

But let's just win the game and see what happens.
It would be nice to be at full strength. With Minaya and McCreary we stood a much stronger chance to win any of the remaining games.

We might see a lot of guard heavy line ups tonight and our remaining bigs need to stay out of foul trouble. We can win this game if we don't foul and it would be nice to see Bolden, Lawson and Cousinard get hot from 3.
Is McCreary out

Would be great to see a season best effort from AJ tonight, and a stronger game from Bryant and Bolden than we've seen in recent games. Also Frink not fouling so much, as he's a very capable scorer with a high FG % if he could ever stay on the court......

Reactions: Gamekem
If it comes down to needing SEC tournament wins, I would rather have the extra game as a 5/6 seed rather than a 4 seed.
If South Carolina is a fifth or a sixth seed then I think there is a chance that they might face Mississippi and I do not want a rematch with them. If South Carolina is a seventh seed, I think South Carolina has a chance at facing Texas A&M or Alabama in which I rather face those two teams than Mississippi. I think whatever happens for the rest of the regular season, South Carolina will get at least a single bye for the SEC Tournament.

Would be great to see a season best effort from AJ tonight, and a stronger game from Bryant and Bolden than we've seen in recent games. Also Frink not fouling so much, as he's a very capable scorer with a high FG % if he could ever stay on the court......
I think in the first 75 seconds of the Tennessee game, Frink had already accumulated two fouls and I think he sat the bench for the rest of the first half. Really need Frink tonight to play. Also Trey Anderson will likely see additional playing time tonight. I agree with you that the others need to have a decent game tonight for South Carolina having a chance to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT