ADVERTISEMENT

Big kid committed to USC. If anybody wants to talk Gamecock sports on here.

I’m excited about it. I’ve never really been a “stars” guy... but I think we are going to need some more “stars” to beat Clemson, Florida and Tennessee.

I hope he comes in a works his tail off and proves the recruiting people wrong about his ranking.

Clemson on the other hand is putting four DLs a year in the first round of the draft (sarcasm implied) and signing the some of the top talent each year.

I trust the coaches; however, it would be a lot easier to trust with top talent.

It's difficult to rate the biguns! Most 3 stars are as good as the 4 stars and often times better. The exceptional biguns get the 5 star rating. If the 5 star talent has 5 star character and work ethic, it's a huge difference maker for programs.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I see that a few more guys go CB s but can’t tell if they are all for us
Anyone know ?

Welcome aboard!

Offers from Penn State, Tennessee and Ole Miss (recruited by Deke Adams at Ole Miss lol).

There is a signing day In December and February
You can find out that info easily on your own

No shit Sherlock...

How about wait until he signs his LOI... You praise these recruits until they change their mind and commit to another school and sign with them, then you trash the kid for going to a better school...

Reactions: ddw1263
Most will complain about him being a 3 star, so I'm holding off

Did UNC offer him? Mack has made a point of trying as best he can to keep in state players at home. Am sure he will be a decent player, but would feel a lot better about it if UNC had really gone after him.

Young man has some size I would say his
DUDE potential is solid just got to put in the work required to be a DUDE, or THE DUDE amongst DUDES, but if he realizes and reaches his DUDEness, we will be glad (provided he does so in Carolina uniform)! We need size, but more importantly DUDE's with size

I’m excited about it. I’ve never really been a “stars” guy... but I think we are going to need some more “stars” to beat Clemson, Florida and Tennessee.

I hope he comes in a works his tail off and proves the recruiting people wrong about his ranking.

Clemson on the other hand is putting four DLs a year in the first round of the draft (sarcasm implied) and signing the some of the top talent each year.

I trust the coaches; however, it would be a lot easier to trust with top talent.

You “trust the coaches.” Would those be the same coaches that lost 8 games last season?

Young man has some size I would say his
DUDE potential is solid just got to put in the work required to be a DUDE, or THE DUDE amongst DUDES, but if he realizes and reaches his DUDEness, we will be glad (provided he does so in Carolina uniform)! We need size, but more importantly DUDE's with size

A wise man once said....

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Last edited:
You “trust the coaches.” Would those be the same coaches that lost 8 games last season?

Yeah, like, I trust the coaches are more knowledgeable than I am about college football seeing as how they are D-1 collegiate football coaches and I’m only an avid observer. So if they think a kid is talented enough to offer them a scholarship, that’s cool with me.

BUT... I do think we need more “stars” to get back to winning 11 games in a season.

Do you agree with that JoeBlow or do you know better than D-1 football coaches? Put in your application next time there’s an opening.

It's difficult to rate the biguns! Most 3 stars are as good as the 4 stars and often times better. The exceptional biguns get the 5 star rating. If the 5 star talent has 5 star character and work ethic, it's a huge difference maker for programs.
Most 4 stars are as good as 5 stars and most 5 stars are as good as 6 stars and most 6 stars are as good as 7 stars

We will be fine at wr. Our great wr coach will be a full time wr coach this year. The talent is there.

We will be fine at wr. Our great wr coach will be a full time wr coach this year. The talent is there.

healthy O’Tre & I will go from wanting to agree to full agreement. It’s not you I’m just nervous and my last handful of pre season buy ins have crushed my heart

Yeah, like, I trust the coaches are more knowledgeable than I am about college football seeing as how they are D-1 collegiate football coaches and I’m only an avid observer. So if they think a kid is talented enough to offer them a scholarship, that’s cool with me.

BUT... I do think we need more “stars” to get back to winning 11 games in a season.

Do you agree with that JoeBlow or do you know better than D-1 football coaches? Put in your application next time there’s an opening.
I’m not saying I know better, but I don’t trust a coach who isn’t trustworthy. Trust is earned. Are you telling me that every player that is offered by these coaches is likely NFL material?

...The exceptional biguns get the 5 star rating. If the 5 star talent has 5 star character and work ethic, it's a huge difference maker for programs.

i.e. Jadeveon Clowney. Enough said right there No Doubt.

People will stick their necks out on big bodies. And if they are both big AND tall, so much the better
Yeah, and as I stated below within the other post, there's the few and far between Jadeveon Clowney type players/kids outta the Rock Hill area, then ya got the type that are from the Lewisville High School area, and I'll mention no names other than they sign up for one school, request an odd transfer to another rival type school right down the street, then disappear after gaining too much weight during the transfer time frame, and for whatever reason(s) just doesn't have enough drive nor desire to correct what must be corrected, so they sorta fade away.

I'll leave that one at that FWIW.

Did I say anything about the NFL?
No, but what you implied is that if a college coach makes a kid an offer, that kid must be good because coaches know what they are doing. There are 130 FBS football teams and there are some really bad ones and some really bad coaches. Just trusting a coaches decision because he’s the coach is about one of the most naive comments I’ve heard, and I read that a lot on here. “I trust the coaches,” until the coach proves trustworthy you are just showing blind allegiance.

With all the experience on our coaching staff, I’ll take their opinion over yours or mine.

They know more about football than either of us. Agree or no?

I’m not talking about the other 130 coaching staffs. Just ours.

What else you going to do if you don’t trust the coaches? Wine and complain until their fired and we are back in the dumps of losing 11 games in year.

Cmon Joe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT