ADVERTISEMENT

Big weekend for remaining recruits. Any Spurs Up

This is a VERY big weekend for the Garnet and Black family. Does anyone know how many scholarships we have available?

This is a VERY big weekend for the Garnet and Black family. Does anyone know how many scholarships we have available?
Can't be more than 1, earlier it was said 22-23 signed for 2018 but last number I saw was 23-24. So, unless someone transferred I didn't hear about or if someone is borderline academically then shouldn't see but 1more max.

#SpursUp this weekend, for basketball and/or football would be welcomed news.

Can't be more than 1, earlier it was said 22-23 signed for 2018 but last number I saw was 23-24. So, unless someone transferred I didn't hear about or if someone is borderline academically then shouldn't see but 1more max.

19 signed. We can only take 23 total. Leaves 4 spots. Services are showing us with several other commitments, but we won’t take them because they have failed to live up to conditions of their offers. Don’t know why they are still listed.

We want :

Bryce Thompson: commmitted but unsigned.
Some qualification concerns.

Sandidge: us or Uga

Wonnum: us , Auburn or Tenn

If we are sure iff those three we take only one of the following three

john Mincey: us or Tennessee according to recent reports FSU is out. We’ll see.

Or

Warren Thompson: FSU probable but we’re still in it . Supposedly visiting us on an OV right now. We’ll see.

Dennis Briggs: visiting FSU today. miami and Louisville also in it.

Last edited:
Sandidge, Wonnum, Thompson, and Briggs or Mincey would be huge. Could be the class we need to put us on top especially with those 4 to finish

The ability to evaluate talent with this staff seems to be way above the group of coaches we had before..plus the ability to coach them up also..

I distrust individual rankings greatly and do not think a 4 star is neccessarily better than a three star. Especially in the case of offensive linemen

However, I do say that overall class rankings have proven to have importance. I often hear that no team has won the natty without at least one top ten class on the roster. Coaching being somewhat equal, a top 5 class is almost always going to produce a more talented team than a 30th ranked class. But, a don’t think a 12th ranked class is neccessarily going to produce a better team than an 18th ranked class.

Georgia is loading up on talent. UF, UT and us are all pretty equal. Ours might be the secnd best in the division but it might be 4th. We’ll find out how the “experts” rank us pretty soon.

I’ll be very happy if we close Sandidge. Wonnum and B. Thompson. The last spot will be gravy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT