ADVERTISEMENT

Bobo

DeepfriedCock

Jan 30, 2017
I wouldn't happy with the Bobo hire. But I have to say so far I'm eating crow. Considering he's put this offense in without a spring camp. He's averaging 30 points a game through the first 3 games. We got along way to go, but a blind man could see the improvement from last year.

Bobo has been solid so far. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with him. It also seems like Will the offense killer has mostly stayed out of his way. Hope it lasts.

It’s about to get real for Bobo these next two weeks. I’m not sold on him at all but he’s better than McClendon I will say that. And it seems like he’s the only one running his offense.

It still looks like BOOM! is handling the time mismanagement.
💯
ScratchyBlueDorado-size_restricted.gif

It’s about to get real for Bobo these next two weeks. I’m not sold on him at all but he’s better than McClendon I will say that. And it seems like he’s the only one running his offense.
That’s right. Shi has been the most consistent guy catching the ball. Other teams know this, so they‘re gonna focus on stopping him in the pass game. Bobo will need to get creative to get him touches. I thought the inside shovel pass to him today was a good play, as was the reverse to Joyner. It was also good to see Legette and Muse make some catches. As others have said, Harris is a load. I thought Fenwick ran good also.

The scheme is good. Has been from the beginning. It is especially effective when a team is unopposed.

I think I heard the announcer say that Vanderbilt had only 56 scholarship players for this game. Can that possibly be true?

Defense is bigger concern

I thought the defense was a disaster . However, after watching the results through the first 3 weeks, the defense looks like middle of the pack in the SEC. No great defenses this year. It's a new era, I guess.

I thought the defense was a disaster . However, after watching the results through the first 3 weeks, the defense looks like middle of the pack in the SEC. No great defenses this year. It's a new era, I guess.
That’s what I said before the season started. I knew the defense would be middle of the pack and they probably stay there as long as we can keep moving the ball on offense.

Bobo will probably get our offense going, Champ will get let go and Bobo will get promoted to HC. Seems like something we would do.

Edit: For the record, I was strongly pro-Bobo from the outset of his hire. (Though I have been vocal in disagreement about one of his decisions). He should not sniff this HC job though.

Last edited:
Bobo will probably get our offense going, Champ will get let go and Bobo will get promoted to HC. Seems like something we would do.
That wouldn’t be good but I can’t say it would shock me. Hopefully someone has wised up in Columbia.

Reactions: JComp

Edit: For the record, I was strongly pro-Bobo from the outset of his hire. (Though I have been vocal in disagreement about one of his decisions). He should not sniff this HC job though.

You mean that Champ called all those useless plunges into the middle of the line that went nowhere. Especially at the goal line where a little imagination could have helped. We have some skilled and fast backs that could (should) have been used where their speed makes more sense. Yeah, Champ's defense could use some teaching in how to tackle or position themselves but Bobo made those calls. The first half was a show in ineptitude by Gamecocks on both counts and it was not all on Champ's calls..

I wouldn't happy with the Bobo hire. But I have to say so far I'm eating crow. Considering he's put this offense in without a spring camp. He's averaging 30 points a game through the first 3 games. We got along way to go, but a blind man could see the improvement from last year.
You’re a blind man if you think he’s gonna keep that up. You should’ve stuck with your first thought about Bobo. The guy is nothing special and yes I think he’s shown us his entire “playbook, outside of a few trick plays. And if I’m wrong I’ll acknowledge it and eat crow too, but I admit I’m pulling for him because if he doesn’t look good, our players doesn’t look good and none of us want that!

Last edited:
You’re a blind man if you think he’s gonna keep that up. You should’ve stuck with your first thought about Bobo. The guy is nothing special and yes I think he’s shown us his entire “playbook, outside of a few trick plays. And if I’m wrong I’ll acknowledge it and eat crow too, but I admit I’m pulling for him because if he doesn’t look good, our players doesn’t look good and known of us want that!
So your saying you don't see improvement from last year. Please put the Crack pipe down.

So your saying you don't see improvement from last year. Please put the Crack pipe down.
I didn’t say there was no improvement from last year, where are you getting that from? I said Mike Bobo will not keep those numbers up as the season goes on. As far as improvement there’s been some on the offense. The line is blocking better, and the QB play is better but overall our “passing game” hasn’t improved, and neither has our running game. The play calling seems to be better but we’ve only played 3 games, and not Much tape was out there on Bobo with the Gamecocks, but now teams are gonna be able to scout our offense fully. Vanderbilt could’ve shut us down if they had everybody. We just wore them down because their offense couldn’t stay on the field. Bobo is gonna have to do what he did Saturday to Auburn and LSU to convince me that he’s improved our offense!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT