ADVERTISEMENT

Borders matter, can we all agree?

Reason 5,547 to protect our borders. That we still arent guarding them like we should be doing is insanity. We still have no idea who or what is coming over those borders and the liberals seem to only be concerned about one thing - giving them freebies and getting their votes.

That last item (getting their votes) is so obvious, but if you put hot coals into the armpits of every 'open borders' mush head in this country, you wouldn't find ONE to admit that their motive is to stuff the ballot box.

...viruses that emerge from dishonest countries exist. .
It's human nature to become angry and upset over situations that are beyond our control, and we all want an end to this madness, and like right now.
However, with international air travel and cruises so readily available to the masses, and this includes foreign nationals and US citizens, going into other foreign countries, be it business or leisure and then coming back into US soil, preventing a crisis such as what we have now is a near impossibility. And, that is a depressing and sobering thought.
Drug and human trafficking is another argument.

No question better border control would have saved lives. It's might be up to state governors to start protecting their borders, if the federal government and other states don't do a better job.

EUKBWERXsAEjVfE

If you disagree me, then you want old people to die!

Reactions: cadcock
It's human nature to become angry and upset over situations that are beyond our control and find a target for our frustration.
However, with international air travel and cruises so readily available to the masses, and this includes foreign nationals and US citizens, going into other foreign countries, be it business or leisure and then coming back into US soil, preventing a crisis such as what we have now is a near impossibility. And, that is a depressing and sobering thought.

Shut it down. If we can save just one life, it's worth it.

Reactions: Brace1
...viruses that emerge from dishonest countries exist. With a porous border, there is no way to know who is coming in our house. I want to know before someone brings covid19 into my house. This is reason 999 to enforce our borders.

I think everyone wants to see our borders respected.

I guess that’s why some folks like me have always wondered why there was such intense focus on the southern border when, up until about 2 years ago, the main culprit for illegal entry into the Untied States was visa overstays - which no one seemed to care about. That might still be the biggest source, I just haven’t looked at the numbers recently.

the other issue no one seemed to care about is protecting a massive border takes a LOT of money every year. It’s not just one year, it’s forever. A fence, while effective in some areas, simply isn’t effective in others. So to adequately protect that border takes billions every year. It will also take a massive increase in government employees to help protect that border.

It will also take massive increases to our infrastructure to monitor visas and people here that don’t go back home.

and of course if terrorism is our concern here, it would also make sense that we need to adequately protect our largely open northern border, which is also huge, and will cost billions, and necessitate a large increase in manpower for the federal government. Because as of now, many parts of it are wide open. If you are coming here to cause damage, that border is likely the one to breach.

and of course none of that really helps with one of our biggest terrorist threats, home grown terrorists.

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
I think everyone wants to see our borders respected.

I guess that’s why some folks like me have always wondered why there was such intense focus on the southern border when, up until about 2 years ago, the main culprit for illegal entry into the Untied States was visa overstays - which no one seemed to care about. That might still be the biggest source, I just haven’t looked at the numbers recently.

the other issue no one seemed to care about is protecting a massive border takes a LOT of money every year. It’s not just one year, it’s forever. A fence, while effective in some areas, simply isn’t effective in others. So to adequately protect that border takes billions every year. It will also take a massive increase in government employees to help protect that border.

It will also take massive increases to our infrastructure to monitor visas and people here that don’t go back home.

and of course if terrorism is our concern here, it would also make sense that we need to adequately protect our largely open northern border, which is also huge, and will cost billions, and necessitate a large increase in manpower for the federal government. Because as of now, many parts of it are wide open. If you are coming here to cause damage, that border is likely the one to breach.

and of course none of that really helps with one of our biggest terrorist threats, home grown terrorists.

Maybe if we quit giving handouts/benefits/food stamps to every Tom and Dick and Pedro and Guadalupe, we could use that money to go towards border protection.

Reactions: Goose cock
Maybe if we quit giving handouts/benefits/food stamps to every Tom and Dick and Pedro and Guadalupe, we could use that money to go towards border protection.

well, non citizens aren’t eligible for SNAP benefits anyway, except for lawfully present ones (asylum seekers, qualified children)

but even if they were, that money wouldn’t be enough.

There are areas to cut in the budget that would make a big difference though.

and of course you have to accept that type of protection will require a larger federal government- not exactly a favorite idea with some.

Trump was way out in front of this, wanting reasonable immigration laws for many reasons - health of the overall population being one of them. Of course, the Democrats have labeled him a racist, xenphobe, etc.(which he`s neither, of course) ever since. Now look at the leaders of other countries shutting down their borders. Will they give him credit? Of course not, unless you watch Fox.

It's human nature to become angry and upset over situations that are beyond our control, and we all want an end to this madness, and like right now.

This is a good point. Since the 1990s we have seen an abundance of literature on the topic of globalization. The benefits of which, far outweigh the negative. Unfortunately, one of the negative aspects of this part of our world economy, is that diseases can spread at a rapid rate. Doctors have been warning for decades that we will continue to have this issue. Even with a strong border system, which I am an advocate of, you will never stop the spread of a pandemic. To truly stop the spread, you would have to hurt Americans freedoms, and it would do damage to the economy.

well, non citizens aren’t eligible for SNAP benefits anyway, except for lawfully present ones (asylum seekers, qualified children)

and of course you have to accept that type of protection will require a larger federal government- not exactly a favorite idea with some.

Maybe it’s time to outlaw “anchor babies”. They come here and f**k like rabbits and have as many “citizens” as they can. And of course you can’t deport the parents and leave the citizen babies here.

Shut it down. If we can save just one life, it's worth it.
Wait, hold on. Are you actually suggesting shutting down all US air carriers from conducting business on international routes. Are you aware of the income landing fees generate along with gate rental fees that is paid by US and International airlines to US airports.
The economic hit would easily equal if not surpass what we may be ready to experience.

Reactions: ddw1263
I have no issue with if you get caught crossing illegally,you should be sent to the nearest boarder crossing and get inline.

Reactions: howard13
I can tell you with family members that are legal immigrants, the list of never-ending (and expensive) requirements makes you very, very angry when you see illegals skipping to the front of the line.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
With a porous border, there is no way to know who is coming in our house. I want to know before someone brings covid19 into my house. This is reason 999 to enforce our borders.

There are many good reasons to protect our border; smuggling, human trafficking, spread of disease, and terrorism all come to mind.

I completely agree with you both and, the many others who share that opinion. However, I am compelled to opine, that a Wall is not the way to do it.

I will not respond to any comments so, have at it, flame away and enjoy.

Last edited:
That last item (getting their votes) is so obvious, but if you put hot coals into the armpits of every 'open borders' mush head in this country, you wouldn't find ONE to admit that their motive is to stuff the ballot box.

Yes of course poor immigrants tend to vote for a certain party. It does not always work out this way in the long run. Many Hispanic immigrants are hard working people who tend to change their voting once they start making money. Our friends who came here from India and China are highly educated and very successful, they are conservative politically (like most intelligent people are).

Most people in the world live in places that nobody wants to move to, we are fortunate that so many people want to live here. We need immigrant labor, especially younger people. We just need to be smart about whom we allow in. We should be recruiting the well educated, hard working and wealthy immigrants using a logical plan.

Reactions: yankacock
Maybe it’s time to outlaw “anchor babies”. They come here and f**k like rabbits and have as many “citizens” as they can. And of course you can’t deport the parents and leave the citizen babies here.

Well that number has been dropping since about 2008. plus, that would likely require a change to the constitution, and that’s not happening.

as Pew noted..

“it’s important to note that the legal status of immigrant parents can change over time. For example, parents who have legal permission to be in the U.S. at the time of their child’s birth might later overstay their visas or otherwise become unauthorized. Similarly, parents who are unauthorized immigrants at the time of their child’s birth might later become lawful immigrants and then naturalized citizens.”

...viruses that emerge from dishonest countries exist. With a porous border, there is no way to know who is coming in our house. I want to know before someone brings covid19 into my house. This is reason 999 to enforce our borders.

And keep J

Get the Jesus mindless idiots out of politics and you have a deal.

Yes of course poor immigrants tend to vote for a certain party. It does not always work out this way in the long run. Many Hispanic immigrants are hard working people who tend to change their voting once they start making money. Our friends who came here from India and China are highly educated and very successful, they are conservative politically (like most intelligent people are).

Most people in the world live in places that nobody wants to move to, we are fortunate that so many people want to live here. We need immigrant labor, especially younger people. We just need to be smart about whom we allow in. We should be recruiting the well educated, hard working and wealthy immigrants using a logical plan.

The

Except science majors and those with a master or higher. Unless that’s recently changed. Reality does have a liberal bias.

Covid 19 was not brought by illegals sneaking across but by the business class and wealthy on airplanes and cruise ships

Covid 19 was not brought by illegals sneaking across but by the business class and wealthy on airplanes and cruise ships
Only the wealthy go on international flights or cruises? You do know people save for annual vacations or retirement.

I don’t think the virus attacks based on net worth. Logically speaking, the spread would be more rapidly spread among the poor or elderly because of typical “close quarters” living conditions,

I will note, however, the COVID19 has ZERO correlation to immigration. Although, I do agree we need much better immigration laws.

I can tell you with family members that are legal immigrants, the list of never-ending (and expensive) requirements makes you very, very angry when you see illegals skipping to the front of the line.

And that is also part of the problem. One of my closest friends is from Mexico (yes, really) and came over when we were 12. He is a citizen and has been for a long time but he married a Guatemalan and he told me the horror story and the costs of her becoming a citizen and it was absolutely ridiculous. They should be trying to make it easier and less expensive for people to become citizens, rather than harder. However, they should also require that newly American citizens speak English other than when they are at home and get rid of all this press 2 for espanol crap.

Oh please. Non citizens get all kinds of benefits thanks to the idiot politicians. Yes, there are many areas they could cut but they never will. I have no faith whatsoever in any politicians anymore - dem or publican - and I think its too late anyway. This country is doomed.

Only the wealthy go on international flights or cruises? You do know people save for annual vacations or retirement.

I don’t think the virus attacks based on net worth. Logically speaking, the spread would be more rapidly spread among the poor or elderly because of typical “close quarters” living conditions,

I will note, however, the COVID19 has ZERO correlation to immigration. Although, I do agree we need much better immigration laws.

Yes, the poor always pay the dearest for institutional screwups.

So, according to some of you, we're never supposed to travel anywhere. Unless you're a Native American, you came from somewhere else. Unbelievable.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT