ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom line this was a poorly offensive coached team..

Well, Werner had some different skill sets to work with over there. That might be a factor. But if McClendon is the one fouling up the works, he needs to turn loose of the controls. Let Werner do what he has done before and let McClendon keep his title and collect the paycheck.
I agree. As I've said numerous times we have a proven successful OC on staff....his only issue is that he can't recruit off campus.

Reactions: king ward
Well, Werner had some different skill sets to work with over there. That might be a factor. But if McClendon is the one fouling up the works, he needs to turn loose of the controls. Let Werner do what he has done before and let McClendon keep his title and collect the paycheck.
Werner might’ve been brought here to sharpen the offense, but he was not calling those plays yesterday, that was the artwork of an amateur, we have plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. I don’t think Werner would’ve been that predictable, especially against a juggernaut like Georgia. This is Bryan McClendon all the way! Believe that.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
From the stands it looked like Jake gunned the ball in there which he has a tendency to do on short passes early in the game.
It was gunned and Dowdle wasn't expecting it to be. Jake had a typical stat game for anyone with a pulse. Basically that one drive in the second half where he finally went deep padded his yard stats and all those dink and dunks that UGA said "yeah sure go ahead and have them, stupid" padded his completion numbers.

Georgia wasn't better than us in the fist half...

We gave them 10 points on Jake Bentley's signature pick 6 throw and a shank punt....

We started out the first 6 plays of the game not having a running back in back field???

Then going for 4th and 2 or 3 and we thrown an INT in the end zone???

3rd and short or 4th in short were bad play calls too many times...

I'm not going to accept that Georgia was better than us, we weren't prepared at all to play..
You poor man. Get some rest.

We are apparently running the RPO, the Run/Pass/Option offense. I was reading that it works better with mobile QBs. What I read had nothing to do with our program or our coaches. Maybe we need that extra threat. No doubt, that was one of the big reasons that Conner Shaw was so effective even when we not running the RPO kind of offense under Spurrier.

We are apparently running the RPO, the Run/Pass/Option offense. I was reading that it works better with mobile QBs. What I read had nothing to do with our program or our coaches. Maybe we need that extra threat. No doubt, that was one of the big reasons that Conner Shaw was so effective even when we not running the RPO kind of offense under Spurrier.

I’m so sick of the term “RPO”. All of a sudden the term is said 10,000 times per game.

RPO is probably the most misunderstood term in college football right now.

It’s not an offense, it’s a concept within an offense (spread, pro-style, hybrid, etc).

It has nothing to do with a QBs mobility or lack thereof.

It just means that the QB reads a LB post snap and then chooses (option) to hand it off (run) or throw it to a receiver (pass).

Reactions: rogue cock
RPO is probably the most misunderstood term in college football right now.

It’s not an offense, it’s a concept within an offense (spread, pro-style, hybrid, etc).

It has nothing to do with a QBs mobility or lack thereof.

It just means that the QB reads a LB post snap and then chooses (option) to hand it off (run) or throw it to a receiver (pass).

I prefer the Connor Shaw method. I’m gonna get that first down broke collar bone or not. Sometimes you got to man up

Reactions: Zachboom
I think we just need to give Coach Muschamp and all the coaching staff some big fat raises, so they will be better motivated to win games. We also need to double our recruiting budget (maybe purchase a couple of lear jets for the coaches to use in recruiting all over the US) so they can recruit better players. We all know, it's all about recruiting ........ forget about coaching em up if you've got the right talent, and this staff works so very hard in recruiting. RollLaugh

And here we go again. I guess Roper is somewhere reading this thread with a bit of glee. All last year, according to many on this forum, the only thing separation USC from national prominence was Roper's total coaching incompetence. Folks it ain't the coaching, unless you want to complain about their recruiting skills. At the very heart of the loss to UGA was a huge difference in talent. Mainly up front on both sides of the ball. When you can't consistently run the football, which USC couldn't, it truly hamstrings the way one can call a game. Conversely, when you can run at will like UGA did, it opens all types of options. Most of which you don't even need when you are ripping off chunk plays by just handing the ball off. It's all about talent. And right now USC just doesn't have enough to challenge elite teams

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT