ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game will come down to Clemson game

Clemson is certainly not their usual killer self this year, but good luck with that.

I mean this team has so many personalities you have no clue what you’re going to get.
Our personality has been prevalent this whole season. Last week was nothing more than an aberration, in fact it was more of an indictment of our opponent and had little to nothing to do with us.

We really needed that game last night. Not because we’re good. Because we need more practice. And recruiting candy to hand out.

Now, in their worst season in a decade, Clemson will revel in keeping us home for the holidays.
Just another on a long list of big F-you’s from them to the state’s university.

Bowl game? That sounds like a big negatory at this point. While I’m usually a positive lean for this team … I don’t see a win in either game.

There will be no bowl game. That fantasy died tonight.
The OP basically said that we lose to Auburn and the only chance to be in a bowl will be left to the Clemons game. He didn’t say we were going to beat them.

before the start of the season I only predicted 4 wins. It has been better than expected. However, we all thought that the team would “look” better in each game. We haven’t seen that. This last game did not look better than the UF game. They thought that the would just show up and win. I believe the coaches tried to warn them of that but they didn’t take it to heart. They yard not used to winning and the dedication needed to win. Maybe this loss will help with the remaining two games. Back to wishing and hoping.

Reactions: boy among men
They yard not used to winning and the dedication needed to win. Maybe this loss will help with the remaining two games. Back to wishing and hoping.

Or the single decent showing the team had was against a Florida team that has given up on the season. And that single showing fooled some people into thinking the team was better that it really was.

I mean this team has so many personalities you have no clue what you’re going to get.
Not really. Outside of the Florida game, where they clearly quit on their coach, we’ve been pretty bad all season. Not being critical…just don’t see us doing anything different to beat either team remaining in our schedule. If we had any type of offense whatsoever, we might have a shot against Clemson. But their D is still pretty good…so I don’t see us scoring enough to win that game.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Extremely annoyed with yesterday, but considering the outlook before the season, playing tateru for a chance at a bowl didn't seem likely. And personally I don't care if we win or lose a bowl game, I just want to make a bowl game so we can practice another month.

Reactions: boy among men
Both Clemson and Auburn will get good pressure rushing 4. This O line is and has been extremely bad all year. The play calling is hamstrung with a bad OL and inconsistent QB play but hasn’t innovated the slightest to help. And by innovative I mean a couple different screen passes and attacking the edge instead of delayed handoffs up the middle or empty sets on 4th and short.

Reactions: caughtlookin
They have a personality of ball control offense and that matches up better with offenses that don't put up a lot of points in a hurry. They'll match up better with Clemson than Auburn, IMO.

I don’t care if Bobby Boucher was Clemmons starting QB, but they ALWAYS get up for us with the exception(s) of when we were just better than them and they couldn’t do anything about it like some certain years. But anyway, they still have a solid D, and DJ Ukulele will look like 2007 Tim…..we will make him look like 2007 Tim Tebow, even though besides UConn, I still don’t think they’ve scored more than 20 in regulation. Clemmons rolls, 35-14

I don’t care if Bobby Boucher was Clemmons starting QB, but they ALWAYS get up for us with the exception(s) of when we were just better than them and they couldn’t do anything about it like some certain years. But anyway, they still have a solid D, and DJ Ukulele will look like 2007 Tim…..we will make him look like 2007 Tim Tebow, even though besides UConn, I still don’t think they’ve scored more than 20 in regulation. Clemmons rolls, 35-14
I agree but I think 14 may be wishful thinking

• Sad
Reactions: lostcock
Venables and Swinneys sons with all their elite physical DNA 😀will come in here and relish the opportunity to keep us home for bowl season.
I hope for once in a long time our guys actually WANT this game. And it still may not be enough. But act like you belong. A win this year is something NONE of us could have envisioned at the start of the year.
Also I hope we don’t signal in signs. But we probably will.

I see Carolina scoring very few on Clemson defense. Based on the first ten games I don’t see Clemson scoring a lot on Carolina. Wake will beat Clemson

Reactions: jeff2001
I see Carolina scoring very few on Clemson defense. Based on the first ten games I don’t see Clemson scoring a lot on Carolina. Wake will beat Clemson
I agree with this. I think Wake pulls out the win and we go to the 4th w/ Clemson and hope we get the ball to bounce our way

Reactions: cockofdawn
You all can save yourself a lot of heartache now, we aren’t beating the taters. Just watch, they will play their best game of the year and continue the streak. We will do what we do best, serve as the cure for their ailments.

You all can save yourself a lot of heartache now, we aren’t beating the taters. Just watch, they will play their best game of the year and continue the streak. We will do what we do best, serve as the cure for their ailments.
I disgree, the taters, this year unlike others, have had to endure injuries and play their players for the full game, none of this resting starters and getting backups valuable playing time. SC will beat the Taters this year!!

Reactions: CtownNat1ve
Venables and Swinneys sons with all their elite physical DNA 😀will come in here and relish the opportunity to keep us home for bowl season.
I hope for once in a long time our guys actually WANT this game. And it still may not be enough. But act like you belong. A win this year is something NONE of us could have envisioned at the start of the year.
Also I hope we don’t signal in signs. But we probably will.
This.

Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT