ADVERTISEMENT

Boy, talk about being on the hot seat, Brian Kelly at ND has to be feeling the heat.***

So, who writes the bigger check to Tom Herman; Notre Dame or Texas?

I'm not asking which job he'll take, just who will offer him the most money.

UT could offer more money, but let's face it, love em, hate em, indifferent, ND is the ultimate destination job for CFB.

You make it there and you are a legend

Brian Kelly is a total jerk...It wouldn't bother many to see that ass clown fired

That certainly use to be the case but I'm not so sure about it being the ultimate destination job today in CFB.
As far as tradition and history, UND is still the ultimate. That doesn't mean that all coaches will prefer it over other positions. But I think it will attract a larger contingent of coaches than any other school.

What is it with Notre Dame? It seems like every time they get a new coach, they start to improve, have something close to a break out season, and as soon as expectations rise, they completely fall apart.

What is it with Notre Dame? It seems like every time they get a new coach, they start to improve, have something close to a break out season, and as soon as expectations rise, they completely fall apart.
If I had to guess, I'd say academics. Hard to consistently get enough recruits with UNDs academic requirements. Holtz was the last hugely successful coach and they had reduced their requirements at that time to be more competitive. I understand the school won't do that anymore.

If I had to guess, I'd say academics. Hard to consistently get enough recruits with UNDs academic requirements. Holtz was the last hugely successful coach and they had reduced their requirements at that time to be more competitive. I understand the school won't do that anymore.

Their last 4 classes(per rivals) were ranked #3,#11,#11,#13 ...2017 will be another top 10 class. Wish we had their recruits.

Reactions: rogue cock
That's funny they have had highly ranked classes and we have had highly ranked classes and we both suck. Go figure

Their last 4 classes(per rivals) were ranked #3,#11,#11,#13 ...2017 will be another top 10 class. Wish we had their recruits.
Hmmm. Didn't realize they were recruiting at that level. Knew they get some good players, but that's impressive. They shouldn't have much trouble attracting a good coach. "Chip Kelly come on down,"

I hope the domers lose every game this year. B. Kelly is a millionaire I am sure, if he gets fired, I think he'll be ok.
Here's a list of the schools I wish could lose every week: UPC, UNC, UGA, Southern Cal, Texas, Tennessee, and Notre Dame. After UPC, the rest are in no particular order.

Here's a list of the schools I wish could lose every week: UPC, UNC, UGA, Southern Cal, Texas, Tennessee, and Notre Dame. After UPC, the rest are in no particular order.
Actually I want UND to win, because it they do NBC will keep renewing their TV contract and they can still take bowl games away from the ACC. Afraid if they start losing, they will lose their contract and be forced to join the conference in full and will make the ACC look smarter for making a dumb deal.

Actually I want UND to win, because it they do NBC will keep renewing their TV contract and they can still take bowl games away from the ACC. Afraid if they start losing, they will lose their contract and be forced to join the conference in full and will make the ACC look smarter for making a dumb deal.
ND, when they are good, enjoys more polling bias than anyone in the history of college football. That goes all the way back to Rockne. Their "darling" status, plus their television deal due to their "darling" status), give them too great a competitive advantage over the other top-tier programs. I'm OK with any reversals they encounter.

ND, when they are good, enjoys more polling bias than anyone in the history of college football. That goes all the way back to Rockne. Their "darling" status, plus their television deal due to their "darling" status), give them too great a competitive advantage over the other top-tier programs. I'm OK with any reversals they encounter.
I understand and agree that they get preferential treatment not only in polls but bowl selection. Everyone wants UND in a bowl game...to large a fan base to ignore.

If I remember correctly, he kicked 5 or 6 players off the team before year began. He may get a bye until next year.;)

They extended his contract 6-years in January this year with a 'base' of $4 million/year - no immediate details on the 'buy out' in the story I read since ND is a private school not subject to FOI requests, similar to Vandy, etc.
His 'buy out' is probably huge, Charlie Weis drew $2,054,744 EVERY YEAR from 2009-2015, nearly $14.5 million AFTER he was fired at ND.
Kelly's under contract through 2021.
ND needs to fire their AD - he's giving away that TV money just as soon as they make it.

Last edited:
Being a fan of both the Gamecocks and Irish, it doesn't surprise me that this has happened given the ND Administration's lack of support for the football program. I'm not talking about "public" support, but rather their desire to be a highly respected academic institution 1st...then if the football team is good that's just a nice bonus. We can see that Dr. Pastides here cares about both... his sports teams and the academics of the school. Can't say the same about the top leadership at ND since Holtz left in the mid 90's.

While I get the hatred here for ND always being overrated and not having won anything of significance in 20 plus years...it's the top administration that puts that stigma of "holier than thou" rather than the student athletes. The kids are trying but are poorly coached by Kelly who thinks it's a genius idea to pass the ball 36 time in a Hurricane then come back and pull the starting QB (who is their best player) because he's had a couple of bad series in the next game. Kelly is not well liked up in South Bend but the problem is....who wants that kind of job with little support from the top, lower pay, having to live in the cold, and deal with the academic restrictions they have with their student athletes? Unless they change the entire model, they won't win much again. However....I do recommend a weekend trip in fall up there for a game. They treat visitors
REALLY WELL. No joke.

Urban Meyer has always said ND was his dream job, but I can't see that happening until he has a bad year at OSU.

???
Urban Meyer turned Notre Dame DOWN while he was still at Utah and accepted the Florida job instead. ND then hired Charlie Weis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT