ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Astros 10/26/21 WS game 1 “Long Time Coming”

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves World Series Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with the plethora of regular participants in the chat. This is a proud moment in time like seeing the birth of a child, watching every accomplishment they make during their life and cherishing all the milestones along the way. We have been bombarded with naysayers and overlooked by many. We were mired in mediocrity for 2/3 of the season but when things started to click this team blossomed and their competitive nature took over. Now that I have waxed poetic in my appreciation for the journey that got us here, let’s get down to the business of winning this damn thing. 😎😎
Postseason Roster Braves

Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Charlie Morton tonight in the series opener. He has battled this postseason to keep the team in games but has not factored in any of the decisions. His best outing was the first game against the Brewers in which he looked phenomenal for 6 innings only to give up a HBP and 2 run homer before being pulled. That became the mantra of managers having a quicker 🪝 for starting pitchers in the postseason. Every inning is a stressful inning as the stakes rise and it takes a keen eye to notice when pitchers are beginning to labor. This late in the season recovery times may vary slightly from pitcher to pitcher either die to age or experience. A manager or pitching coach needs to be aware of each pitcher when making these decisions at this crucial time of the season. Morton got a much needed extra 2 days of rest for tonight’s start but now we have to deal with the media obligations that interfere with their normal starting day routines. In other words, there are more variables to add to the equation and the chess match is on. Moves and counter moves galore from both benches with Snitker and Baker utilizing many years of baseball knowledge to out maneuver each other trying to win 4 more games. Morton has faced the Astros before and Altuve being the only player to homer off him while only 2-10 success rate. That is the danger of baseball. Things can change quickly. The saving Grace for the Braves is Morton is familiar with the mound and the ball park as he was a member of the Championship team and also faced them while a member of the Rays. I look for a good outing from Morton tonight as he gives the infield a lot of ground balls to do their magic . The Astros are starting Framber Valdez (LHP). He is only 5”11 and relies on a sharp breaking curveball low in the strike zone. He is the only starting pitcher to go at least 8 innings in a game as he did that versus the Red Sox after being hammered the first time he faced them. The only two players that he has faced is Soler and Rosario and both players have fared well against him. The Braves do have some players who thrive against left hand pitchers and hopefully they are locked in tonight and have grind out at bats every time up. The World Series is no time to go through the motions. I am excited for this battle . Go Gamecocks and Chop on!
Starting Lineup Braves
Soler DH
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Rosario LF
Duvall CF
D’Arnaud Catcher
Pederson RF
Swanson ss
Starting Lineup Astros
Altuve 2B