ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Giants 9/19/21 just win baby.

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. We need the chat forces here today to turn this thing around. West Coast trip means later hours but this is the last week we will have to contend with that. Today is a day game and we’ll after church so I hope that aligns with a few more comments and luck because I don’t need the only comments to be from Metstradamus 🤔.
Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Max Fried today as he attempts to shut down the first place Giants. Have Kapler was a joke as a first year manager with the Phillies but he seems to have found the righ organization for his style of coaching and the right type of players because he has a very good baseball team in San Francisco. I though it was smoke and mirrors but he never has the same lineup and will pinch hit and make substitutions on not so obvious situations and his players seem to be engaged and ready when called upon. Fried will need to command the strike Zone and look for them to attack him early as to not get caught at the mercy of his curveball. I also look for them to try and go opposite field against the Braves and their new found shift (that I absolutely despise). My problem with the shift is it is also dependent on pitchers hitting their spots. If pitchers can hit their spots when called then there should be no need for shifts. I look forward to rules changes that require two people on either side of the second base bag in the future as these extreme shifts where no one is even close to third base just seems so unnatural to be. Even Volleyball has rules about positions. Fried will need to establish his fastball early and find his release point because we do not need to give this good ball club free passes.

The Giants will throw Anthony Desclafani and the Braves have actually hit him very well . Joc is in the leadoff position as the Braves shuffle their lineup and move Albies to the 2 hole.

Starting Lineup Braves
Pederson RF
Albies 2B
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Duvall CF
Rosario LF
D’Arnaud Catcher
Swanson ss
Fried LHP

Starting Lineup Giants
Ruf LF