ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales

USCBatgirl21

Sep 5, 2006
Sec 4, Row 1, Seat 16 Carolina Stadium
Y'all...now we'll get to enjoy a cold beer during the game.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...8TwfkFJ3Vm1xLEzF6cbq7oDmXUz2AiILPRVpH9YKX2fiQ

Here are some of the guidelines the SEC has adopted when it comes to alcohol sales:

• Alcoholic beverages are to be sold and dispensed only at designated stationary locations
  • Alcoholic beverages may not be sold by vendors within the seating areas
  • Identification check is required at every point of sale to prevent sales to minors
  • Alcoholic beverage sales are limited to beer and wine only (no hard liquor or mixed drinks may be sold in public seating areas)
  • Limits must be established on the number of drinks purchased at one time by an individual
  • Alcohol must be dispensed into cups
  • Safe server training and additional training for staff to handle high risk situations is required
  • Designated stop times for sale and/or distribution of alcohol must be enforced as follows:
o Football (end of 3rd quarter);

o Basketball (Men’s—Second half 12-minute TV timeout; Women’s—End of 3rd quarter);

o Baseball (end of the top of 7th inning);

o Softball (end of the top of the 5th inning); and

o Other Sports (At a designated time, no later than when 75% of the event’s regulation length competition is scheduled to be completed).

Reactions: Gaimcock
giphy.gif

Keep in mind...IF USC implements this. It's still up to the schools.

$$$$$$$$$ - I think they will. If there's one thing USC loves, it's money and there's money to be made in selling beer at W-B, CLA and Founders' Park . . . caveat being . . . IF the AD can keep the lines moving quickly and the beer COLD.:)

Reactions: cockofdawn
Probably will sell it for the same rates NFL and MLB does. Ready for $8.00 - $9.00 Budweiser. Hooray beer!

I don’t see this going well.... lol. I’ll be interested to see how quickly we implement it, how well the actual process goes, and how badly people abuse it.

On smuggling- I certainly binge drink before and after games, but for whatever reason I rarely bring anything in.

Reactions: cofcgamecock9
That's nice, but most of the drinkers are not good decision makers.
Actually most are good decision makers, can hold their liquor, and can moderate, as evidenced by the majority of people in any given stadium/at a majority of the tailgates on a gameday anywhere. The majority of people at a game have imbibed at some point during the day. It's a "vocal minority" (for lack of a better phrase) that cause 99% of the alcohol related problems.

Actually most are good decision makers, can hold their liquor, and can moderate, as evidenced by the majority of people in any given stadium/at a majority of the tailgates on a gameday anywhere. The majority of people at a game have imbibed at some point during the day. It's a "vocal minority" (for lack of a better phrase) that cause 99% of the alcohol related problems.
I'm glad that's been your experience.

I'm glad that's been your experience.
If it were a majority of those in attendance that are imbibing causing the problems, NO stadium anywhere (college nor pro) would sell alcohol. Think about how many games are on TV on any given day. Do we see tons of fights in the stands, or people being unruly? No we don't. Because again, the majority in attendance can, and do, act like adults.

If it were a majority of those in attendance that are imbibing causing the problems, NO stadium anywhere (college nor pro) would sell alcohol. Think about how many games are on TV on any given day. Do we see tons of fights in the stands, or people being unruly? No we don't. Because again, the majority in attendance can, and do, act like adults.
There are fights in the stands and unruly people at every single game I have been to. Not to mention horrible behavior that doesn't involve fighting.

Reactions: agantt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT