ADVERTISEMENT

Brent's getting ready to make a case for Holbrook...

I've got a feeling he will be back next year. Everyone better brace themselves for that real possibility now.....

I've got a feeling he will be back next year. Everyone better brace themselves for that real possibility now.....
I tend to agree with you. I think he'll give him another year to turn it around, like he did last year with the losing season the year before. I think there will have to be some kind of change or addition on the staff however. Don't know what that is.
It's such a mixed bag with Holbrook. I thought he turned a corner going to Supers last year. I don't think Tanner will ever put the Omaha or Bust tag on a coach, but I think there were certainly be pressure for all involved.
We all want the same thing - for the team to win.

He conveniently left out that it's 2 out of 3 years with no postseason.

Brent is terrible and that kid in wirh him is worse. Matt Barber and Justin Cannon were on with Dr. Rick today and said everything the 1075 guys wont. Great radio this morning.

Jay and Brent are excuse makers and would be better as wedding music djs
Not a big fan of those other shows ... they always sound like message board tough guys to me. Dr. Rick is clueless.

He conveniently left out that it's 2 out of 3 years with no postseason.

Which pretty much oughta be etched in stone as a fireable offense for the Carolina baseball coach. Unacceptable. Hell, once is unacceptable given what Holbroke inherited.

I tend to agree with you. I think he'll give him another year to turn it around, like he did last year with the losing season the year before. I think there will have to be some kind of change or addition on the staff however. Don't know what that is.
It's such a mixed bag with Holbrook. I thought he turned a corner going to Supers last year. I don't think Tanner will ever put the Omaha or Bust tag on a coach, but I think there were certainly be pressure for all involved.
We all want the same thing - for the team to win.
What kind of assistant coach will he be able to hire with a year or two left on his contract and a seat that is red-hot?

Well, unlike those at 107.5 , Rick actually played in the NFL and worked his butt off as a Gamecock. I'd take his opinion over a Rock N' Roll DJ like Brent anyday
DIdn't say I was a big fan of Brent's show. I think Heath has the best show on the airwaves. Used to occasionally listen to Teddy and Dr. Rick and flip over when I couldn't stand listening to the old morning show on 1075, which was really bad, but I always had to turn off Dr. Rick and Teddy because they're just awful. Playing a sport doesn't automatically make you qualified to be a sportscaster, and Dr. Rick is awful. Ever hear Magic Johnson try to break down a basketball game - pitiful. How Bill Walton kept a job for so long is a mystery.
Dr. Rick has nothing credible to add about other sports, he clearly does no research etc. I remember a few years ago, he was among the people say Frank Martin should be gone as well. To me, it's amateur hour.

This baseball program doesn't need Chad to recruit. Outside JUCO guys, he hasn't hit on a whole lot of high school hitters since he's been here. Our line-up has been pieced together year after year since he's been here and the high school guys. Our tradition gets us "talent", we gotta pick the right ones.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT