ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs. Florida

Bigtime character builder. Florida is one tough customer. They look alot like us. But that 1-3-1 we went to in the 2nd half was nasty. Totally changed the completion of the game. Credit to the coaching staff once again for their gametime adjustments. That should seal the NCAA bid for certain.

On the assumption we are going to the Big Dance, Lamont Paris will be the first USC basketball coach to take us to the NCAA Tournament in only his 2nd season on the job. And some of his predecessors were not slouches by any means....Big Frank McGuire, Eddie Fogler, Bill Foster and Dave Odom. And that feat will be even more remarkable when you consider the mess he inherited when he arrived: between players who graduated and those who transferred to UMASS to play for Frank Martin, about 75% of the team was gone when he arrived (at least Cocky stayed around). Lamont Paris is one VERY good basketball coach.

Soild win. I listened to a good bit of it and felt like we just didn't quite have it against a really good Florida team.

Took a break and grabbed some lunch just before (I found out a little later) we started our comeback.

Checked out the score on my phone as I was in the restaurant eating and saw we were up. I decided I better stay there and not jinx us. We win. Then I went back out to my car and caught the postgame show on the radio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT