ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Coach Marshall Home!!!

Frank MUST go!!!!

Please come home Marshall!!!!!

If he is not the one hired, fire the President!!!!!

Our men's sports have gone from sucess, to sh!t!!!!
Marshall is not coming here. He can recruit a different class of student at Wichita State and get them in school. He also makes all the money he needs.

We’d have to pony up more $. He makes more than Frank.

Marshall is not coming here. He can recruit a different class of student at Wichita State and get them in school. He also makes all the money he needs.

How do you know that Marshall is not coming here. Just your opinion?

Could have hired him instead of FM but our illustrious ath dept wouldn't meet his salary demands. Cheap.
Don't see how FM was so successful at prior job but aside from FF run can't do it at USC which has a lot more money and the prestigious SEC conference.
About ready to give up.

I doubt Ray even has a list of candidates to speak with. Most AD's always have a short list just in case. The only way Frank leaves is if he does so on his own. He's making pretty good money here, no pressure from his boss and most of the fans like him.

Marshall is a helluva coach. His accomplishments are insanely good. Even when he has a down year, his teams are bubble teams.

If we had any balls (we don't) we'd go hard after him.

If he won't come, go get Steve Forbes before the tourney is over.

I'm sure, in the end, Ray will dip his eyes and slink into Frank's office. All Frank will have to do is stare. Ray will then murmur something about an extension and a raise before tucking tail back to his office to grab his rod and reel...

I doubt Ray even has a list of candidates to speak with. Most AD's always have a short list just in case. The only way Frank leaves is if he does so on his own. He's making pretty good money here, no pressure from his boss and most of the fans like him.
Sure he does. Horn, Newton, Odom, etc.

C'mon man, we could have another 18-10 season (or 16 -12, or 12-16) to look forward too if we keep Martin...

Reactions: danh011
Frank is not winning enough to make the postseason but jussssst enough to justify keeping him employed. He could have a long career here with nothing much to show for it.

Apples and oranges. The conference winner gets in. A little tougher in the SEC but not impossible.
Before Gregg, Winthrop had 0 NCAA Tourney appearances and 0 reg season conference championships. He took them to 7 NCAA tourneys and 6 reg season championships. U right. lol. Apples and oranges compared to Frank

Marshall is from Greenwood, SC. He is a longtime Gamecock fan from the first grade on. His dad is a long time Gamecock fan. He used to attend the football games when he was in Charleston and Winthrop. I think he is the natural. But we took a pass on him just like we did with Bobby Cremins who wanted to coach badly here. In the end, RT may have pooped the bed in getting him.

I was thinking in the shower yesterday...

If we had kept Bobby Cremins on board in 1993 and/or hired Gregg Marshall when Fogler left or at any time thereafter...

The last 25 years of Gamecock Basketball could be a VERY different story.

I also continue to wish we still played in the Frank. F the CLAW.

Frank is not leaving this year. If we don't make the NCAAT in 2021, then that's when you can have a serious conversation about a new coach.

But since y'all want Frank gone so bad, who exactly do you want instead and why would they be a good fit?

I was thinking in the shower yesterday...

If we had kept Bobby Cremins on board in 1993 and/or hired Gregg Marshall when Fogler left or at any time thereafter...

The last 25 years of Gamecock Basketball could be a VERY different story.

I also continue to wish we still played in the Frank. F the CLAW.

If Cremins had listened to McGuire and/or his wife and not accepted the USC job in the first place, MBB could be a very different story.

If USC had not left the ACC in a huff, the last 49 years of MBB could be a very different story.

Reactions: jerryusc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT