ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton is garbage!

He's done. He was always a poor passer that had athletic ability that helped make up for it. Now he's a poor passer with no athletic ability to make up for it. Bottom line hes in the bottom 5 of starting qbs in nfl now.

Reactions: cockofdawn
He's done. He was always a poor passer that had athletic ability that helped make up for it. Now he's a poor passer with no athletic ability to make up for it. Bottom line hes in the bottom 5 of starting qbs in nfl now.
Agreed....he has lost the ability to run which is the only trick he had! He looks slow and disinterested half the time unless he is running around making a spectacle of himself. The backup that played in the preseason could do a better job!

Wow, what horrible takes in this thread. Cam Newton soft? Cam Newton, the first rookie to ever throw for 4,000 yards could never throw? Lol. This board is comedic gold. He is coming off of major shoulder surgery. That's it.

BS!! SOFT SOFT SOFT! Care to remember him fumbling in the Superbowl and to scared to jump in there and try and recover the fumble? SCARED! He stood there and looked at it! He is washed up and it is time to go!

Wow, what horrible takes in this thread. Cam Newton soft? Cam Newton, the first rookie to ever throw for 4,000 yards could never throw? Lol. This board is comedic gold. He is coming off of major shoulder surgery. That's it.
Are you even watching tonight's game? Unless he pulls a rabbit out of a hat, he's the worst starting qb I've seen this year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Everyone one of his throws is nearly picked. Cant stand the kid. Why is head coach scared to pull him. Even if Panthers win he is still garbage. Should have never been this close. Battle of 2 garbage qb's tonight

cam-newton-most-fashionable-male-2017-fashionbomb-daily-fashion-bomb-men.png

• RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

I have been the biggest Cam defender up until ... tonight. . He has been AWFUL this year . His accuracy is pathetic and he missed so many wide open guys for big gains and first downs . I think his days are numbered . Rivera’s days are finished . Bet he’s out by Christmas

No Cam Newton is great because he threw for 4000 yards as a rookie? WTF does that have to do with now? LOL

A guy named named Steve Smith probably contributed for 1300 of those yards also . Yeah I think Cam is done. When he’s a dual threat and the zone read is clicking he’s a handful and very dynamic. He will NEVER be a consistent pocket QB . He’s terribly inaccurate, he doesn’t feel pressure , he holds to ball too long and he just can’t find the open guy when he gets blitzed , Brees would have thrown for 500 tonight . Panthers are in serious trouble if they are rolling with this version of Cam . Rivera was lucky to survive last year and he won’t survive another Bad one this year .

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisnextyr
Cam missed some throws, but he was under siege all night. If you don't recognize that the Panthers had major offensive line issues tonight you either don't know football or are just looking for an angle to blast Cam. The LT didn't block Shaquill Barrett at all tonight. He beat the LT with the same dip move every time. Further, the Panthers didn't adjust and chip to help the LT out when he was clearly struggling. However, Cam and the passing game, even with some of the missed throws, was the only thing they had going. They got stuffed several times on 3rd and short and got stuffed on a 4th and short at the end of the game. Christian McCaffery had nowhere to go. Paradis was supposed to be an upgrade at Center, but he was repeatedly getting blown up as well. The Cam haters have something to hoot and holler about for now. However, I think Cam will be fine. I am more worried about the line. Darryl Williams is a Right Tackle trying to play on the left and he is struggling bad. The Little kid that we drafted to play LT is hurt so we just have problems. Panthers just need to move on to Arizona and get a victory there to get something going.

Reactions: cockyferg
Cam missed some throws, but he was under siege all night. If you don't recognize that the Panthers had major offensive line issues tonight you either don't know football or are just looking for an angle to blast Cam. The LT didn't block Shaquill Barrett at all tonight. He beat the LT with the same dip move every time. Further, the Panthers didn't adjust and chip to help the LT out when he was clearly struggling. However, Cam and the passing game, even with some of the missed throws, was the only thing they had going. They got stuffed several times on 3rd and short and got stuffed on a 4th and short at the end of the game. Christian McCaffery had nowhere to go. Paradis was supposed to be an upgrade at Center, but he was repeatedly getting blown up as well. The Cam haters have something to hoot and holler about for now. However, I think Cam will be fine. I am more worried about the line. Darryl Williams is a Right Tackle trying to play on the left and he is struggling bad. The Little kid that we drafted to play LT is hurt so we just have problems. Panthers just need to move on to Arizona and get a victory there to get something going.

He holds the ball forever....will not throw the ball away when the line breaks down. He can't run anymore because of how fragile he is and if he tries he fumbles. He just needs to go! You can blame the line all you want but even his passes that weren't under duress aren't thrown very well. He is 0-8 in his last 8 starts. Time to go!

He holds the ball forever....will not throw the ball away when the line breaks down. He can't run anymore because of how fragile he is and if he tries he fumbles. He just needs to go! You can blame the line all you want but even his passes that weren't under duress aren't thrown very well. He is 0-8 in his last 8 starts. Time to go!
Wrong. Williams wasn't even getting a hand on Barrett many times. Go back and look at it. Barrett was there in less than 2 seconds several times. There was a lot of pressure up the middle too. Now, there was no excuse for Cam missing that slant to Curtis Samuel on the next to last drive. That could have gotten major yardage. Cam, also, had a couple high throws. However, he always has done that even in his MVP year. However, the Offensive line got whipped in the running and passing game. That is why we were running some trick play on the goal line instead of lining up and getting a half yard.

Last edited:
Wrong. Williams wasn't even getting a hand on Barrett many times. Go back and look at it. Barrett was there in less than 2 seconds several times. There was a lot of pressure up the middle too. Now, there was no excuse for Cam missing that slant to Curtis Samuel on the next to last drive. That could have gotten major yardage. Cam, also, had a couple high throws. However, he always has done that even in his MVP year. However, the Offensive line got whipped in the running and passing game. That is why we were running some trick play on the goal line instead of lining up and getting a half yard.

He is 0-8 in his last 8 games. Was the line at fault all those times too? Stop trying to protect him. His time has come and gone! He is a prima donna that gets all the credit when they win but nobody says the truth when he sucks and the truth is he needs to be benched!

BS!! SOFT SOFT SOFT! Care to remember him fumbling in the Superbowl and to scared to jump in there and try and recover the fumble? SCARED! He stood there and looked at it! He is washed up and it is time to go!
at the time the Panthers were down what less than one score?? in THE SUPER BOWL, and IMO he just looked at the ball and said "HELL NO, I aint getting hurt"..

But, he still dresses really cool.

He is 0-8 in his last 8 games. Was the line at fault all those times too? Stop trying to protect him. His time has come and gone! He is a prima donna that gets all the credit when they win but nobody says the truth when he sucks and the truth is he needs to be benched!
Did I say anything about his record in the last eight games? Of course, he has to be held accountable for that at least in part. However, I am a Panther fan, first and foremost, and I am looking at the team as a whole instead of looking for a reason to blast a QB coming off a shoulder injury. If you really follow the team, you saw some things to be encouraged about. Cam hit Olsen twice in the seam for big plays of 30+ yards. He hit Samuel on an out of 20+ yards. At the end of last season, Newton couldn't get the ball downfield 20+ yards without throwing the ball in the ground. He had some of his usual high throws and threw that slant behind Samuel. However, I was satisfied in seeing Newton's arm strength being back. He just has to clean it up some with regard to his accuracy. Newton has to be better. However, I lay this game on the offensive line and Rivera and Norv Turner being too cute with short yardage play calling. We weren't able to run the ball at all. I think we had less than 40 yds rushing yet we kept trying to use Newton as a decoy instead of taking the obvious QB sneak. I know they are concerned about re-injury. However, there comes a time where you just have to line up and win a game. Newton ran once on another little cute option play. That is where he had the fumble. I didn't like the call. Line it up and get the yard. All these little cute short yardage plays trying to trick the defense tells me that the coaches know that we have offensive line issues.

Last edited:
Cam is not playing well yes, but it is not 100% on him, the Panthers o-line suuuuucccccks! And has since Von Miller and co. Took their man card in sb 50. How many times will we see cam wind up to throw with a defensive end or linebacker draped all over him pulling him down, me may leave because he's tired of having no time to throw and getting blasted within 2 seconds of getting the snap, ive been critical of their secondary in the past, but god the o-line sucks! Those clowns couldn't block 4 dead people!

Reactions: Gamecocks321
Did I say anything about his record in the last eight games? Of course, he has to be held accountable for that at least in part. However, I am a Panther fan, first and foremost, and I am looking at the team as a whole instead of looking for a reason to blast a QB coming off a shoulder injury. If you really follow the team, you saw some things to be encouraged about. Cam hit Olsen twice in the seam for big plays of 30+ yards. He hit Samuel on an out of 20+ yards. At the end of last season, Newton couldn't get the ball downfield 20+ yards without throwing the ball in the ground. He had some of his usual high throws and threw that slant behind Samuel. However, I was satisfied in seeing Newton's arm strength being back. He just has to clean it up some with regard to his accuracy. Newton has to be better. However, I lay this game on the offensive line and Rivera and Norv Turner being too cute with short yardage play calling. We weren't able to run the ball at all. I think we had less than 40 yds rushing yet we kept trying to use Newton as a decoy instead of taking the obvious QB sneak. I know they are concerned about re-injury. However, there comes a time where you just have to line up and win a game. Newton ran once on another little cute option play. That is where he had the fumble. I didn't like the call. Line it up and get the yard. All these little cute short yardage plays trying to trick the defense tells me that the coaches know that we have offensive line issues.

Big panther fan myself but Cam is just a liability at this point . If they don’t use him as a dual threat especially in short yardage , they will be drafting in the top 5 next year . He’s never been accurate even during his MVP year . I’ve always defended him but no more . Is he the only one to blame ?? hell no . Hiring Norv Turner was a terrible move . Norv system relies on making quick decisions and accuracy and Cam will never be that type of player . Yes the OL is a travesty but so is Houston as well as Indy’s with Luck and both those guys still find the open guy while under pressure . Also the Fact that Marty Hurney has not found a way to acquire Trent Williams or any other franchise LT given this OL’s struggles is just unacceptable. He was under constant pressure but guys like Brees and Brady MURDER a defense that constantly Blitz and send 7 or 8 . They absolutely feast on this and Cam couldn’t complete 6 yard check downs . Honestly as much as I’ve defended him in the past , he’s finished as is this coaching staff . Teppers will clean house if this season goes down the tubes .

His entire success always depended on him being big and mobile and being able to create something with his legs. That's gone, and his passing ability has been in decline for several years. So what's left for him to do?

What game are ya'll watching? The defensive end is in his face before he gets the ball!!

Big panther fan myself but Cam is just a liability at this point . If they don’t use him as a dual threat especially in short yardage , they will be drafting in the top 5 next year . He’s never been accurate even during his MVP year . I’ve always defended him but no more . Is he the only one to blame ?? hell no . Hiring Norv Turner was a terrible move . Norv system relies on making quick decisions and accuracy and Cam will never be that type of player . Yes the OL is a travesty but so is Houston as well as Indy’s with Luck and both those guys still find the open guy while under pressure . Also the Fact that Marty Hurney has not found a way to acquire Trent Williams or any other franchise LT given this OL’s struggles is just unacceptable. He was under constant pressure but guys like Brees and Brady MURDER a defense that constantly Blitz and send 7 or 8 . They absolutely feast on this and Cam couldn’t complete 6 yard check downs . Honestly as much as I’ve defended him in the past , he’s finished as is this coaching staff . Teppers will clean house if this season goes down the tubes .
I get what you are saying. However, I am not there yet with Cam at least not this soon post-injury. We all knew Cam's arm was shot at the end of last season. So, it was just good to see him drive it downfield with success a few times. Now, we are back to wanting Cam to limit the high throws. Also, Cam says that he is physically fine so they can get back to running him a bit more. Cam is never going to be Drew Brees or Tim Brady. However, he is a rhythm QB that plays better when he is running and having fun. He won't say it, but I think the line issues are wearing on him. You can see on his face that he is not having fun. It is like he is saying a prayer before every snap saying "Please God, don't let me get hit again this time. Nonetheless, it was good to see him and Greg Olsen connecting again. However, we all know that the Panthers aren't going to win many games with 40 yds rushing. We just aren't built that way.

The 30 yard plays to Olsen were 20 yard passes with 10 yard runs. Even when given time Cam isn't very accurate. He does not read defenses well. Take away his legs and athleticism and he is below average at best. Time to move on. He is a good man in the community but not a good qb right now. If Rivera does not see it, his time is limited

The offensive line wasn’t doing him any favors last night, but even when he had time, the throws just weren’t on target. I defended him before the season started, but he has been playing like hot garbage this season so far. Maybe his shoulder is still messed up, I don’t know, but I am concerned about what I’m seeing. May need to start going another direction after this season if his performance doesn’t improve.

Agree, never a great passer but the run made him dangerous. Without the run, he is below average QB. I am sure his shoulder is making it worse because in the past he would basically just overthrow it, now you do not know where its going to go. Anyone think Rivera will actually sit him at any point in the season?

Panthers need a change at QB to have a chance. Cam Newton is SOFT!!!!!
I have hated Scam Newton since his lies and the NCAAs allowed him to play in the SEC championship game against us.
Therefore I am delighted anytime he does poorly. I watched the Panthers just to see his petulant child demeanor with the towel over his head!

Reactions: Jon Snow
Agree, never a great passer but the run made him dangerous. Without the run, he is below average QB. I am sure his shoulder is making it worse because in the past he would basically just overthrow it, now you do not know where its going to go. Anyone think Rivera will actually sit him at any point in the season?
Rivera is "In Bed With Newton" til the bitter end... No way he sits him, and enough of this Cam is injured BS, eveytime he struggles, he, the coaches and the media claim injury. He is an average (At Best) NFL QB, i will stick to that opinion until he retires!!

The 30 yard plays to Olsen were 20 yard passes with 10 yard runs. Even when given time Cam isn't very accurate. He does not read defenses well. Take away his legs and athleticism and he is below average at best. Time to move on. He is a good man in the community but not a good qb right now. If Rivera does not see it, his time is limited
That is the point. Cam was throwing that seam route in the ground at the end of last year due to his injury. Actually, the Olsen plays went for 41 and 37 yds respectively. So, if you say Olsen ran 10 yrds, my estimate of a 30 yd throw sounds like it was pretty accurate. Also, the out route to Samuel was about a 25 yd pass where the receiver was almost immediately tackled. Guys with a bad shoulder cannot make that throw. I think some of you guys just have never wanted to Cam to be the QB here anyway. These same calls came when he hadn't made the playoffs yet going into Year 3, when they followed up that first playoff season with a losing record until they pulled off a late five game winning streak to sneak in the playoffs, and after the Super Bowl. As a Panther fan, this move on from Cam talk happens almost every season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT