ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton Out in Carolina...

Teddy Bridgewater officially signed also !! Not sure about this move . I think Tepper is trying to tank so he can move the team . Just got a gut feeling . He’s gonna want a new stadium soon and if he tanks folks aren’t gonna pony up . I think that’s his master plan .

I'm no NFL GM, but if it were me, I don't know that I wouldn't do whatever I could to trade up and snag Joe Burrow. Burrow, MCcAffrey, and the Baylor coach and staff all together....? I'd be diggin it.

Teddy Bridgewater officially signed also !! Not sure about this move . I think Tepper is trying to tank so he can move the team . Just got a gut feeling . He’s gonna want a new stadium soon and if he tanks folks aren’t gonna pony up . I think that’s his master plan .
Bridgewater is a solid QB.

Reactions: gamecockblack
For God’s sake, he’s not going to move the team. Where would he go? St. Louis? They’ve lost two teams? San Diego? He’d probably have to pay for a new stadium all by himself. Charlotte will either build a new stadium or do major renovations to BOA that include a roof. The team means way too much to the city and attendance has never been an ongoing issue.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
For God’s sake, he’s not going to move the team. Where would he go? St. Louis? They’ve lost two teams? San Diego? He’d probably have to pay for a new stadium all by himself. Charlotte will either build a new stadium or do major renovations to BOA that include a roof. The team means way too much to the city and attendance has never been an ongoing issue.

It hasn’t been an issue until the last few years . At the end of the last two seasons that stadium was almost empty , especially last year . I think the fanbase (myself included) are not really on board with Tepper’s idea of a total rebuild . Fans aren’t gonna pay big $$ to watch a team not trying to compete . The big factor will be if Cam does go somewhere else and plays like old Cam (which is a very big if) fans will be calling for Teppers head . I think the straw that breaks the camels back is Mccaffrey. If they trade him for draft picks or don’t pony up and pay him then things will get really ugly .

Tepper is worth a reported 12 billion. I doubt he cares who might call him out. I figured Cam leaving was a done deal in the fall. He's getting older. Taken a lot more hits than most QBs, especially in college, just because running was a big part of his game. Now he seems to suddenly be injury prone. My only question witn the Panthers would be if they traded everybody with any trade value to stock draft picks and then tank the season and hope to get Lawrence, or Fields, in next years draft. Or if they would go the other direction and try to revamp now. The signing of Bridgewater indicates the latter

Goodbye scam, having said that I did gain respect with his game and for the way he treated fans. I like the fact he gave a lot of football’s to kids over the years.

If Cam never plays like 2015 ever again, then this will be a good move. However, if his lingering shoulder and foot issues are healed, and he plays well with another organization, the Panthers will look silly. If you ask me, Teddy Bridgewater is just a poor man’s Cam. I would have tried to sign Phillip Rivers while drafting Joe Burrow. Let him learn behind Rivers for a couple of seasons before taking the reigns.

Rumblings about Cam and Riverboat getting back together in Washington.

Can’t stand $cam, but the last few years, he had no OL help at all. If he has gotten healthy, I could see him having another few years of decent production; but I’m glad it will be somewhere other than Carolina. I can begin pulling for them again. ;)

That might be interesting!

Reactions: thisisnextyr
I don't think that lines up with the complex he is getting ready to build in Rock Hill.

I think he is tanking to get that Clemsux QB

I think he is tanking to get that Clemsux QB

Which is ridiculous because tanking simply will not work in the NFL . In the NBA it’s a possibility because you only have 5 guys on the court at once . 1 guy can totally turn a team around . Doesn’t work that way in the NFL . Trevor could be the next Joe Montana and with a terrible offensive line , no playmakers and a defense that will be one of the worst in the NFL this team is still screwed . Also if you’re tanking why sign Bridgewater to a $60 million dollar deal?! This franchise is in absolute turmoil right now .

Honestly the more this plays out the more I just dislike Tepper and now the Panthers organization in general . Cam took an absolute beating for most of his career , played hurt , and was clearly the leader of the team and they basically just discarded him and what’s worse , they lied about it . If this was the case all along why did they issue a statement months ago that Cam was their guy for the upcoming season . I think Tepper’s is a snake oil salesman and he talks a good game but deep down I think he’s a fast talking swindler . I actually agreed with Rivera’s firing but I think Tepper’s “Rebuild” statements were as damning to this Franchise as Spurrier’s “Few more years” statement .

If you think Cam is washed up , look at the numbers he was putting up the first half of 2018 before TJ Watt basically destroyed his shoulder . His numbers were better than his MVP year and the Panthers had one of the best records in the league . This organization failed Cam his entire career . The OL has been garbage his entire career , his best playmaker early in his career was released and went on to have 3 more 1000 seasons , his top receivers were KELVIN BENJAMIN AND DEVIN FUNCHESS who are GARBAGE !!!! Love or hate Cam , we was adored by his teammates and adored by the community in Charlotte for his community outreach . Bottomline is he deserved better than this treatment . I think a lot of posters here hate him because he basically singlehandedly destroyed us twice his Heisman season at Auburn, especially in Atlanta . I really think Cam got shafted by the Panther Organization and I hope they suck for a long time because of it .

Reactions: wentzel25
If Cam never plays like 2015 ever again, then this will be a good move. However, if his lingering shoulder and foot issues are healed, and he plays well with another organization, the Panthers will look silly. If you ask me, Teddy Bridgewater is just a poor man’s Cam. I would have tried to sign Phillip Rivers while drafting Joe Burrow. Let him learn behind Rivers for a couple of seasons before taking the reigns.
and what would you throw at Cincinnati to try and get that number 1 pick. They seem to have already made the decision that that is who they are going to draft. I thought there best shot would have been to trade up high enough and maybe get Tua. Burrow is going #1

Reactions: wentzel25
Honestly the more this plays out the more I just dislike Tepper and now the Panthers organization in general . Cam took an absolute beating for most of his career , played hurt , and was clearly the leader of the team and they basically just discarded him and what’s worse , they lied about it . If this was the case all along why did they issue a statement months ago that Cam was their guy for the upcoming season . I think Tepper’s is a snake oil salesman and he talks a good game but deep down I think he’s a fast talking swindler . I actually agreed with Rivera’s firing but I think Tepper’s “Rebuild” statements were as damning to this Franchise as Spurrier’s “Few more years” statement .

If you think Cam is washed up , look at the numbers he was putting up the first half of 2018 before TJ Watt basically destroyed his shoulder . His numbers were better than his MVP year and the Panthers had one of the best records in the league . This organization failed Cam his entire career . The OL has been garbage his entire career , his best playmaker early in his career was released and went on to have 3 more 1000 seasons , his top receivers were KELVIN BENJAMIN AND DEVIN FUNCHESS who are GARBAGE !!!! Love or hate Cam , we was adored by his teammates and adored by the community in Charlotte for his community outreach . Bottomline is he deserved better than this treatment . I think a lot of posters here hate him because he basically singlehandedly destroyed us twice his Heisman season at Auburn, especially in Atlanta . I really think Cam got shafted by the Panther Organization and I hope they suck for a long time because of it .
Cam did a good job of rehabbing his reputation after college. Everyone knew his dad, at the very least, solicited payment for his services. He was banned from games. What I dislike about his college career is that he should have been rule ineligible. Instead, he's a national champ. That's all. As far as charity work, you do that for the people you're helping, not for your professional career. Business is business.

It's funny seeing Panthers fans excited that they just got worse for the foreseeable future. But this is great from a fantasy perspective, as McCaffrey will get as many touches as he can handle.

Cam did a good job of rehabbing his reputation after college. Everyone knew his dad, at the very least, solicited payment for his services. He was banned from games. What I dislike about his college career is that he should have been rule ineligible. Instead, he's a national champ. That's all. As far as charity work, you do that for the people you're helping, not for your professional career. Business is business.

I actually learned to really like Cam . From all indications he was beloved by all his teammates and coaches. I think Cam is gonna be missed way more for his off field contributions than his on field contributions. The way it was handled is really gonna turn a lot of fans against Tepper who were not happy the way Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen were treated . Wouldn’t shock me at all to see Cam end up in New England .

Not happening . Skins have way too much $$ tied up in QBs with Alex Smith still on the payroll. Plus could you imagine what a great teammate Scam would be if he found himself on the bench. Rivera wants competition and doesn’t have any allegiance to Haskins necessarily but I don’t think Scam is their guy. The price tag he would command and health questions make it undesirable for the skins. That is the popular rumor though. Good lord if that happened I would be in a quandary for sure.

Cam Newton dressed like an elderly lesbian for his post games. He was a weird one and you only get to tolerate that while you win.

I liked Cam for awhile there. Towards the end he started getting kind of weird. Dressing in suits with shorts wearing a head scarf and such.

This is also about the time some players started with the anti-police stuff and disrespecting the National Anthem. I got fed up with political narratives being shoved down my throat so I stopped watching NFL. I kept ESPN to watch Carolina GAMECOCK football games. But we have been horrible for the last 6 years. I’m convinced our university doesn’t care about football which has killed my entire desire for football season. Sorry to ramble off topic from Cam Newton to the state of our program.

Last edited:
The guy has never been the same since the Super Bowl. Lost all respect when he didn't dive for his fumble on the goal line

True , however , without Cam that team doesn’t win 7 games that year or any other year since he was drafted . Also if Von Miller isn’t in the backfield before the LT even moves about 20 times in the Super Bowl game the fumble wouldn’t have mattered . The organization did absolutely zilch to surround Cam with any semblance of OL or WR’s . Cam was all that team had offensively until Mccaffrey was drafted .

God I hope not, I dealt with this crap when my Sonics left Seattle in 2008. Go watch sonicsgate if you wanna see how much fan loyalty means to these pigs running these franchises, at least with the Seattle situation, karma hit hard, Durant got out before they could screw him over, Westbrook finally went somewhere they'll appreciate him, one of the owners(the jerk who blabbed in his emails about them intending to move the team) died in a fiery car wreck, that @$$#○/€ Stern died a painful death, and the primary owner the biggest dick of the bunch now has a super aggressive form of cancer. Adam Silver needs to do the right thing and fix Sterns egotistical screwup!

Apparently he was easily figured out. Look at how he performed after there was some good film on him. Do you think NFL DCs will do an even better job? His game will not be great in the League. He is NO Deshaun Watson by any stretch.

It hasn’t been an issue until the last few years . At the end of the last two seasons that stadium was almost empty , especially last year . I think the fanbase (myself included) are not really on board with Tepper’s idea of a total rebuild . Fans aren’t gonna pay big $$ to watch a team not trying to compete . The big factor will be if Cam does go somewhere else and plays like old Cam (which is a very big if) fans will be calling for Teppers head . I think the straw that breaks the camels back is Mccaffrey. If they trade him for draft picks or don’t pony up and pay him then things will get really ugly .

it would be suicide to trade McCaffrey. He is the best player on the team. The head scratcher to me was trading Allen for a 5th round pick. Is that all Allen was worth?

I do not think Bridgewater will lead this team, unless they rebuild the O-line I don't care who the QB is they will not win

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT