ADVERTISEMENT

Canadian truckers, Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no protest. Everyone is dragging nonsense out for nonsense sake. All of this stuff has reached levels of ridiculous. It’s old now, protests need to stop, conspiracy theories need to stop and people being so filled with anger for no real reason other than they listen to stupidity on social media is old.
I know some will blast this text but it’s time to move on with life. We are destroying this country acting as we are. Heck just look at our kids, they can’t even deal with things anymore becUse they don’t know what is right or wrong and feel life now is all about anger and screaming to get your way. As adults we tell kids not to pitch fits to get what you want but that’s exactly how they see adults behaving.
it’s time to stop and for adults to grow up.

There should be no protest. Everyone is dragging nonsense out for nonsense sake. All of this stuff has reached levels of ridiculous. It’s old now, protests need to stop, conspiracy theories need to stop and people being so filled with anger for no real reason other than they listen to stupidity on social media is old.
I know some will blast this text but it’s time to move on with life. We are destroying this country acting as we are. Heck just look at our kids, they can’t even deal with things anymore becUse they don’t know what is right or wrong and feel life now is all about anger and screaming to get your way. As adults we tell kids not to pitch fits to get what you want but that’s exactly how they see adults behaving.
it’s time to stop and for adults to grow up.

Agree on the sentiment about children. But are we saying all protests should stop, or just this one?

The former leads to a discussion on how to enact change without protesting.

The latter leads to people choosing their usual sides, claiming only their side is protesting for real, and comparisons about deaths, destruction and violence between protests.

Reactions: SparkleCity
I wonder who is paying these truckers to do this? Staying out of work for weeks at a time isn’t cheap - and isn’t something most working-class people can afford.

We need all the truckers we can get. Screw Trudeau. Wonder what his next move is after all truckers leave. Lol
Not sure we need the truckers that will sit around and block the road ways. No complaining about the inevitable price hikes and lack of supply that will inevitably occur thanks to these “patriots” that think they are above the law.

This is interesting. I saw a report Friday that said Fox News has spent almost 20% of their airtime on their shows talking about the trucker strike, essentially promoting it.

Something tells me they wouldn't take that approach if say- The Teamsters - shut down a highway outside a factory.

But when Frito Lay workers were striking for a pay increase and better working conditions, Fox News spent less than 1% of their airtime reporting on the story and their shows and show hosts took a negative view about the workers (but now seem to be taking the opposite approach)

I am not sure why truckers in the United States would protest or blockade roads.

Some states like Florida recently passed laws that said anyone blocking roads for a protest would be arrested. The governor there was cheered by many for doing so. Hypocrisy all around I guess.

The truckers in Canada have succeeded in causing some auto manufacturers in the United States to cancel work shifts and cut production even further.

I wonder who is paying these truckers to do this? Staying out of work for weeks at a time isn’t cheap - and isn’t something most working-class people can afford.

No idea but it doesn't make much sense given the reports we've been hearing of truckers not being able to make mortgage payments and pay their fuel bills.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Agree on the sentiment about children. But are we saying all protests should stop, or just this one?

The former leads to a discussion on how to enact change without protesting.

The latter leads to people choosing their usual sides, claiming only their side is protesting for real, and comparisons about deaths, destruction and violence between protests.

They should certainly protest if they want to - take the next year off and protest. Protests are good.

It’s definitely time they were moved though. They’re really close to crossing the line from protesting to extortion. Time for the government to come in and remove illegally parked trucks - the same way the government removes people rioting from the streets.

I don't know but I will bet you it's not George Soras paying for "this one" . And the difference is this one is a protest, the others were riots.

Well, one man's protest is one man's freedom fight.

There are reports of violence and of course simply blocking the public roads is against the law.

The confederate flags and Swastikas that have been seen are an odd touch.

Of course the streets being blocked have shut down a number of businesses in the area.

I think this is likely not helping their cause because for every person in America or Canada that supports them, another person is losing their job because of the blockade and I would image most of them aren't too happy.

Not sure we need the truckers that will sit around and block the road ways. No complaining about the inevitable price hikes and lack of supply that will inevitably occur thanks to these “patriots” that think they are above the law.
Not sure we need governments demanding that people inject an experimental, indemnified substance into their body every 4 to 6 months, especially given it doesn't stop transmission and 99.7% of the population survive?

Maybe we should start with those "patriots?"

They should certainly protest if they want to - take the next year off and protest. Protests are good.

It’s definitely time they were moved though. They’re really close to crossing the line from protesting to extortion. Time for the government to come in and remove illegally parked trucks - the same way the government removes people rioting from the streets.

Oh I agree.

I think if they want to protest, that's great. I am sure someone will donate a private area for them to protest.

I'd even support them protests on the government's property as long as they aren't stopping traffic or other citizens from being able to walk through or do what they need to do.

I supported the Frito Lay employees in their strike and protests, but I don't think they were blocking roads to do it. If they did, they were wrong and should have been arrested.

Not sure we need governments demanding that people inject an experimental, indemnified substance into their body every 4 to 6 months, especially given it doesn't stop transmission and 99.7% of the population survive?

It's only "experimental" in your mind. The medical regulatory authorities of Canada and the United States have approved it so there is no "experimental" designation.

In fact, it's less "experimental" than the monoclonal antibody treatment that the ones who won't take the "experimental vaccine" seem all too ready to sign up for when they are in the hospital.

Well, one man's protest is one man's freedom fight.

There are reports of violence and of course simply blocking the public roads is against the law.

The confederate flags and Swastikas that have been seen are an odd touch.

Of course the streets being blocked have shut down a number of businesses in the area.

I think this is likely not helping their cause because for every person in America or Canada that supports them, another person is losing their job because of the blockade and I would image most of them aren't too happy.
Maybe they should start burning business and stealing televisions and shoes then you would be o.k. with it.

This is interesting. I saw a report Friday that said Fox News has spent almost 20% of their airtime on their shows talking about the trucker strike, essentially promoting it.

Something tells me they wouldn't take that approach if say- The Teamsters - shut down a highway outside a factory.

But when Frito Lay workers were striking for a pay increase and better working conditions, Fox News spent less than 1% of their airtime reporting on the story and their shows and show hosts took a negative view about the workers (but now seem to be taking the opposite approach)

I am not sure why truckers in the United States would protest or blockade roads.

Some states like Florida recently passed laws that said anyone blocking roads for a protest would be arrested. The governor there was cheered by many for doing so. Hypocrisy all around I guess.

The truckers in Canada have succeeded in causing some auto manufacturers in the United States to cancel work shifts and cut production even further.
Dude, their nighttime opinion anchors were salivating. They love to stoke the flames. Fear is an easy emotion. It's abhorrent. It's junk food tv. And I should add as a disclaimer that the covid coverage has not been good from many news outlets.

Maybe they should start burning business and stealing televisions and shoes then you would be o.k. with it.

Considering I've never been "for" such a thing, I don't think that would be a good idea.

Thankfully, 👇

It’s a common refrain from some of those charged in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol and their Republican allies: The Justice Department is treating them harshly because of their political views while those arrested during last year’s protests over racial injustice were given leniency.

Court records tell a different story.

An Associated Press review of court documents in more than 300 federal cases stemming from the protests sparked by George Floyd’s death last year shows that dozens of people charged have been convicted of serious crimes and sent to prison.

Dude, their nighttime opinion anchors were salivating. They love to stoke the flames. Fear is an easy emotion. It's abhorrent. It's junk food tv. And I should add as a disclaimer that the covid coverage has not been good from many news outlets.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the Fox hosts are funding the trucker blockades themselves.

The blockade and Fox cheering it on is good business for them and drives ratings.

The fact that they said anyone blocking streets 2 summers ago should be prosecuted is not going to be remembered by their audience.

It's only "experimental" in your mind. The medical regulatory authorities of Canada and the United States have approved it so there is no "experimental" designation.

In fact, it's less "experimental" than the monoclonal antibody treatment that the ones who won't take the "experimental vaccine" seem all too ready to sign up for when they are in the hospital.

The vaccines are still under EUA status. They tricked you again Dave. The "approval" was wordplay to sell more vaccines.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepa...omirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

"Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is authorized for emergency use and is available under the EUA as a two-dose primary series for individuals 5 years of age and older, as a third primary series dose for individuals 5 years of age and older who have been determined to have certain kinds of immunocompromise, and as a single booster dose for individuals 12 years of age and older at least five months after completing a primary series of the vaccine."

A reminder

• In 2016, then-Fox News commentator Todd Starnes posted a tweet encouraging people to run over protesters of a Trump rally.

• In 2017, Fox Nation republished a video reel from The Daily Caller “showing one vehicle after another driving through demonstrations” and set to a cover of the song Move Bitch from Ludacris. The headline of the post was “Here's A Reel Of Cars Plowing Through Protesters Trying To Block The Road.”

• During a 2019 interview on his show, then-Fox Business host Lou Dobbs commented that “it must just gladden your heart to see” a guard at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility run over protesters who were blocking his path.

• And in 2020, Fox host Tucker Carlson lauded a Republican-backed “anti-riot” law in Florida, which made it easier for people to drive over protesters by giving them civil liability protections for doing so. A federal judge later blocked at least part of the law from being enforced.

The vaccines are still under EUA status. They tricked you again Dave. The "approval" was wordplay to sell more vaccines.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepa...omirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

"Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is authorized for emergency use and is available under the EUA as a two-dose primary series for individuals 5 years of age and older, as a third primary series dose for individuals 5 years of age and older who have been determined to have certain kinds of immunocompromise, and as a single booster dose for individuals 12 years of age and older at least five months after completing a primary series of the vaccine."

You clearly can't understand what this is saying and I'm not explaining it - because you wouldn't understand it anyway. But I'll post a correction to your misleading lies one more time and that's it.

(Incidentally, I seriously question if some of you can operate a refrigerator with the lack of comprehension and reading skills displayed on here.)

The Claim: The Food and Drug Administration hasn't fully approved Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine

The Food and Drug Administration has given its official stamp of approval to Pfizer-BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine. But online, a conspiracy theory doubting that fact has blossomed.

"DECEPTIVE MEDIA: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine NOT FULLY AUTHORIZED," reads text in an Aug. 24 Instagram post from a fan page for Candace Owens, a conservative commentator.

Similar posts parroting the claim have accumulated thousands of interactions on Facebook and Instagram, according to CrowdTangle,

You clearly can't understand what this is saying and I'm not explaining it - because you wouldn't understand it anyway. But I'll post a correction to your misleading lies one more time and that's it.

(Incidentally, I seriously question if some of you can operate a refrigerator with the lack of comprehension and reading skills displayed on here.)

The Claim: The Food and Drug Administration hasn't fully approved Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine

The Food and Drug Administration has given its official stamp of approval to Pfizer-BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine. But online, a conspiracy theory doubting that fact has blossomed.

"DECEPTIVE MEDIA: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine NOT FULLY AUTHORIZED," reads text in an Aug. 24 Instagram post from a fan page for Candace Owens, a conservative commentator.

Similar posts parroting the claim have accumulated thousands of interactions on Facebook and Instagram, according to CrowdTangle,

I send you info directly from the FDA and you return fact-checker BS? The vaccine remains in experimental status. That's one of the reasons mandates are getting crushed. Check the court rulings in just the past couple of weeks.

Any reason you can think of as to why Pfizer would want to withhold vaccine data for 50 years?

Any reason for 4x vaxx/boosted countries recording their highest case and death rates since this started?

Any reason why many countries are suddenly abandoning mandates?

Prov 21:2 - whether you’re a Christian or not - really speaks a great truth: We are always right in our own eyes, but God weighs the heart

Most of us are hypocrites in our own lives - it’s just the way of man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123
They should have done their protesting without blocking roads. They have a lot of power they can wield without going there. Bad move and poor judgement imo.
I happen to own a trucking business. The drivers protesting in that manner up there would have their work cut out for them convincing me why I should hire them. I dont care how much of a driver shortage I have.
That said, if my drivers conducted a work stoppage to bring about a change they felt really strong about, I'd support them. If they blocked roads to do it, I would not. That's when the sympathy ends.

Show me where the government made you do it. The Supreme Court ruled against it. Now if your job demands it you have the choice to do it or change jobs. You may not like that choice but you still have a choice.

Reactions: rogue cock
I’m ok with it. This protest is against unnecessary mandates. A lot of this thread went way off the rails. People who are not vaxed and has the antibodies from being affected are more protected then Vaxed people that’s never had the virus. Why do they need to be vaxed ? Plus , just about everything thhave tried has been knee jerk reactions and proven to have been more harmful then helpful. Except for Pfizer

I see this protest against mandates as important as the parents holding schools and school boards accountable. Look at this kids hearing they don’t have to wear wear mask anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClemDent
Time for the government to come in and remove illegally parked trucks - the same way the government removes people rioting from the streets.
Haven't noticed the government removing rioters lately, must have missed it. Canadians are getting close to wanting to remove their tyrannical government. It's going to get really bad as tyrants that feel it slipping away become desperate and double down on tyranny against their own people. It's what they do. (See Nicolae Ceaușescu, former president of Romania, who was overthrown and executed by the people. So was his wife.)

Last edited:
Show me where the government made you do it. The Supreme Court ruled against it. Now if your job demands it you have the choice to do it or change jobs. You may not like that choice but you still have a choice.

Employer mandates were attempting to be forced through OSHA. That's completely illegal and a brazen side step of our Constitution. Then there's vaccine passports for travel, entertainment, etc. Now all of these employers who tried to follow these ridiculous mandates are in the crosshairs for lawsuits from every direction.

Pfizer & Moderna COVID-19 vaccine business model: Government gives them billions, gives them immunity for any injuries or if doesn't work, promotes their products for free, and mandates their products. Does that not sound crazy to you?

Employer mandates were attempting to be forced through OSHA. That's completely illegal and a brazen side step of our Constitution. Then there's vaccine passports for travel, entertainment, etc. Now all of these employers who tried to follow these ridiculous mandates are in the crosshairs for lawsuits from every direction.

Pfizer & Moderna COVID-19 vaccine business model: Government gives them billions, gives them immunity for any injuries or if doesn't work, promotes their products for free, and mandates their products. Does that not sound crazy to you?
Don't forget the kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies to certain members of the government that gave them those billions.

I was listening to Sirius radio running an errand this morning and a guy on Fox Business pointed out that a lot of the people supporting the truckers were against blocking roads 2 summers ago.

I was surprised he said it on Fox.

I fully support them protesting if they so choose- just don't block public roads. That can be very dangerous.

Fauci in 2020.

These vaccines need another 6 to 7 years to be properly tested.

In order to properly evaluate, you need a large scale study (100,000+pp) who currently HAVE Covid to make certain it doesn't make matters worse.

This is the experiment they are running now.

Reactions: SparkleCity
They didn't. That poster makes up stuff out of thin air and spreads conspiracy theory nonsense all the time.

Fauci in 2020.

These vaccines need another 6 to 7 years to be properly tested.

In order to properly evaluate, you need a large scale study (100,000+pp) who currently HAVE Covid to make certain it doesn't make matters worse.

This is the experiment they are running now.

Good LORD. How many times do we have to see this video? Some of you people must live in a tent in the woods somewhere.

We've seen it. It's been WIDELY SHARED. It's not disappearing. LOL

It didn't apply to small employers.

It never went into effect.

Private employers, travel companies, airlines, entertainment venues, private business can mandate vaccines if they so choose. That's their right.

The rest of your schtick is nonsensical ramblings of your political opinions.

Reactions: rogue cock
Good LORD. How many times do we have to see this video? Some of you people must live in a tent in the woods somewhere.

We've seen it. It's been WIDELY SHARED. It's not disappearing. LOL

Apparently, you need to see it multiple times to let it sink in. As you begin to retain more, maybe people won't start threads dedicated to your foolish comments.

Reactions: Lurker123
It didn't apply to small employers.

It never went into effect.

Private employers, travel companies, airlines, entertainment venues, private business can mandate vaccines if they so choose. That's their right.

The rest of your schtick is nonsensical ramblings of your political opinions.

They aimed for all employers. It was challenged in court and determined to be unconstitutional. Doubt you'll find this on the Prisma website though. You might have to start following the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT