ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen resigns

Why do you dislike her? One thing is clear with this whole Caslen fiasco....she was right from the very beginning.
Just the corporate slime she represents and her entitled attitude. She and many others were against Caslen, but she abandoned USC for a petty reason at a time we need big donors the most. I am a fan of USC not Darla Moore and while we need money from don
Her fight goes beyond Caslen. Her attacks were at the board level. But yes, it would be a good time for a reconciliation as both sides can throw Caslen under the bus. Heaven knows, we need a win right now. Some good news. It's pretty clear what some were saying, and that Caslen was done from the start of the fiasco. They were simply putting the transition in place with Pastides and working out details. Good move. He has credibility, even if you disagree with some of his moves. You know the saying about sometimes you have to hit rock bottom. We there.
We HOPE this is the bottom… I shy away from saying things like “it can’t get much worse”- because it seems to always get worse after you say that!

it was his lack of character (plagiarism) that led to this. Also, dont be so sure this was his decision.
Plagiarism is pretty bad. I would disqualify anybody from a leadership position that has committed that offense.

Reactions: USC2USC
Ah yes....the "politically correct" talking point charge thrown at anything you simply don't agree with. Stop cancelling UofSC.
No. I am just pointing out your hypocrisy. If you were to change your username it would make sense. As it is, your use of UofSC is merely meant to antagonize for some reason.

You do that at the ballot box. A significant majority of Americans disagreed with you.
I figured you wouldn't be appalled by Joe Biden's "lack of character" as you describe it. Neil Kinnock, Robert F. Kennedy, and Hubert Humphrey said to tell you hello.

Equally important is the changes that need to happen now to how our BOT is selected to prevent this kind of political abuse of power from ever happening again.

And also, any UofSC supporter who is even considering voting for the current Governor for re-election, he is the reason this dumpster fire happened to your school!
He is The LATEST governor to cause our school shame. This has been a problem for decades. Henry Mc is not the first.

Reactions: rogue cock
I figured you wouldn't be appalled by Joe Biden's "lack of character" as you describe it. Neil Kinnock, Robert F. Kennedy, and Hubert Humphrey said to tell you hello.
See u you at the ballot box.

He is The LATEST governor to cause our school shame. This has been a problem for decades. Henry Mc is not the first.

I dont recall it being so blatant until Nikki Haley strong-armed Darla Moore off the board to make room for one of her political cronies. And looks like McMaster picked up right where she left off.

Reactions: redrogers
I dont recall it being so blatant until Nikki Haley strong-armed Darla Moore off the board to make room for one of her political cronies. And looks like McMaster picked up right where she left off.
Haley didn't "strong arm" her off the board. That position is for the Governor's appointee. Sanford, wisely, chose to leave her on the board...due to all she has given not only to USC but other universities and communities in the state. Haley chose otherwise but they made up over the McNair Center matching gift challenge.

Haley didn't "strong arm" her off the board. That position is for the Governor's appointee. Sanford, wisely, chose to leave her on the board...due to all she has given not only to USC but other universities and communities in the state. Haley chose otherwise but they made up over the McNair Center matching gift challenge.

You see it differently and thats ok. But I stand by my post. The tradition had been the Governor doesn't always replace this position and it could have been handled many different ways. Also, the person Haley installed was a pure political hack that had no business on the university's board.

One way to make sure it doesnt happen again is the restructuring many are talking about and remove the Ex Officio seat for the Governor and the Governor's appointed seat.

You see it differently and thats ok. But I stand by my post. The tradition had been the Governor doesn't always replace this position and it could have been handled many different ways. Also, the person Haley installed was a pure political hack that had no business on the university's board.

One way to make sure it doesnt happen again is the restructuring many are talking about and remove the Ex Officio seat for the Governor and the Governor's appointed seat.
I agree with you, but ultimately it is the Governor's decision and she chose to excerise it, unlike what previous Governors have traditionally done. And, yes, it was definitely a purely political decision.

Reactions: USC2USC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT