ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Bowl projection: South Carolina vs South Alabama in Boca Raton Bowl

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Ugh. Just quit now. THIS game, half our stars will opt out if not more. Another 10-15 will portal out. We will limp in with no one left. South Alabama will treat it like the Super Bowl and want another SEC scalp to go along w their Mississippi Stare win.

It would be an embarrassing end. Better for our guys to just opt out NOW, go 4-8 and call it a day. Avoid the Blunder in Boca Raton since our teams culture seems to be everyone hanging it up once November is over.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Ugh the Boca Raton Bowl sounds like a cheap frozen “health food” meal you get in the Wal Mart frozen food section. South Beach Diet style

Ugh. Just quit now. THIS game, half our stars will opt out if not more. Another 10-15 will portal out. We will limp in with no one left. South Alabama will treat it like the Super Bowl and want another SEC scalp to go along w their Mississippi Stare win.

It would be an embarrassing end. Better for our guys to just opt out NOW, go 4-8 and call it a day. Avoid the Blunder in Boca Raton since our teams culture seems to be everyone hanging it up once November is over.

Who are we going to beat to become Bowl Eligible? It would have to be Kentucky and Clemson IMO and I don’t see us getting both.

Last edited:
Who are going to beat to become Bowl Eligible? It would have to be Kentucky and Clemson IMO and I don’t see us getting both.
I dont either. Cant see us beating Missouri. Their QB will be next in the long line of QBs having “career days” against us. Kentuckys OL and DL are wrecking balls, total mismatch, so we lose that. Clemson? In WB so maybe we have a shot. A&M on the road? They have an NFL D line. No chance.

Reactions: bayrooster
Who are going to beat to become Bowl Eligible? It would have to be Kentucky and Clemson IMO and I don’t see us getting both.
My only educated guess is we get to 5 wins, there aren’t enough bowl eligible teams and by virtue of having the highest GPA of 5 win teams we get asked.

I know people think I’m joking about the GPA, but I seriously only see 4-5 wins max out of this team. I see no path to 6 either. No defense. A poor offensive line. Very little in the running game. Doesn’t look promising.

My only educated guess is we get to 5 wins, there aren’t enough bowl eligible teams and by virtue of having the highest GPA of 5 win teams we get asked.

I know people think I’m joking about the GPA, but I seriously only see 4-5 wins max out of this team. I see no path to 6 either. No defense. A poor offensive line. Very little in the running game. Doesn’t look promising.
I hope our whole damn recruiting class for next year comes in early-after 1st semester and goes crazy in strength and conditioning, the play books and nutrition. We could have 15 or more 4+ star players coming in. Next year mentality generally sucks, but we have one of the better offensive lines in the country, two 5.9 DBs, a 6.1 DE and more coming in next year. Wish we could fast forward next year and maybe this year, too. Injuries have been like "The Plague" this year. Missing our starting left tackle, all year, and Antoine Wells for most of this year has made more difference than some people realize. Where would Legette be, if defenses had to contend with Wells? The Florida game could have ended quite differently. We could have eaten up a good deal or all of the last four minutes. (Maybe, even added other scores earlier in the game) Wells and Rattler are true impact players, and Legette has become a Debo Samuels type player. They will be sorely missed next year.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

If we are hanging at 5 wins, and I say this for any school, you do not deserve to go to a bowl. And, let's be honest even if we go with 5 wins, aside from the SC faithful who is going to watch.
Just rename it Who Gives A F**K Bowl and call it a day.

Like most of the time, they would have to hope for self destruction of the other team to get to 6 wins, usually starts with early turnovers. Thankfully Miss St had the 2 weird plays to pull that one out with the "out of bounds" INT that somehow said he was re-established even tho he just jumped straight from out of bounds and the forward pass fumble at the end to seal it. Fortunate not to be 1-5. One thing is for certain, the Defense isn't stopping a soul.

If we are hanging at 5 wins, and I say this for any school, you do not deserve to go to a bowl. And, let's be honest even if we go with 5 wins, aside from the SC faithful who is going to watch.
Just rename it Who Gives A F**K Bowl and call it a day.
Certainly agree. I just cant see where a rational individual sees 4 more wins out of this team. I can see two. Maybe 3. If I’m wrong I’ll come here and gladly eat the crow, but there are too many holes in this team to go on a winning streak. We are what we are.

Like most of the time, they would have to hope for self destruction of the other team to get to 6 wins, usually starts with early turnovers. Thankfully Miss St had the 2 weird plays to pull that one out with the "out of bounds" INT that somehow said he was re-established even tho he just jumped straight from out of bounds and the forward pass fumble at the end to seal it. Fortunate not to be 1-5. One thing is for certain, the Defense isn't stopping a soul.
It’s terrifying to think what if Miss St hadnt hurt themselves so badly. We would be 1-5 with only an FCS win

Certainly agree. I just cant see where a rational individual sees 4 more wins out of this team. I can see two. Maybe 3. If I’m wrong I’ll come here and gladly eat the crow, but there are too many holes in this team to go on a winning streak. We are what we are.
Well we better have at least 2, bc otherwise that means a loss to Jax State or Vandy. The bottom falls out with that. It might fall out anyway with 4-8 or even 5-7.

I dont think we will have to suffer a Boca Raton Bowl. Right now, i dont see this squad getting Bowl Eligible. Looking at a 5 win season Straight in the face!! (thats if they can overcome JSU/Vandy and a possible UPSET)

Last edited:
Well we better have at least 2, bc otherwise that means a loss to Jax State or Vandy. The bottom falls out with that. It might fall out anyway with 4-8 or even 5-7.
I’m not throwing Vandy in as a definite win. Historically we do handle our business against them well but they will also know good and well this is one of their better chances for a win. It will be closer than the spread….whatever it is come game time.

I dont think we will have to suffer a Boca Raton Bowl. Right now, i dont see this squad getting Bowl Eligible. Looking at a 5 win season Straight in the face!! (thats if they can overcome JSU/Vandy and a possible UPSET)
4-win season at most. More likely just 3 wins.

It’s terrifying to think what if Miss St hadnt hurt themselves so badly. We would be 1-5 with only an FCS win
Thank god our OOC schedule is weaker next year because we're staring down an 0-8 SEC season next year.

If I was a tater I would want to keep Beamer.

You mean the guy that beat you last year? Kept you out of the playoffs. Ended your 6-year, 40 game home winning streaking dating back to 2016. Prevented a record 8 in a row rivalry winning streak. And sent your seniors, who had never lost at home, off into the world with their last game in taterville being a loss to their most hated rival.

That guy? That's who they want us to keep?

Wrong, tater tot. You are thinking about Muschump.

You mean the guy that beat you last year? Kept you out of the playoffs. Ended your 6-year, 40 game home winning streaking dating back to 2016. Prevented a record 8 in a row rivalry winning streak. And sent your seniors, who had never lost at home, off into the world with their last game in taterville being a loss to their most hated rival.

That guy? That's who they want us to keep?

Wrong, tater tot. You are thinking about Muschump.

Yes, that guy.

If you feel this way, why would you spend any time here?

Let's be honest, real gamecock fans who've followed the program since longer than January of 2021 understand the idea of lamenting our schedule, or the suffering that goes into believing finally, this time is different and this is the year, etc.

It is not trollish or even unreasonable to look at our next year's schedule and see a tough climb. The conference games are Missouri, LSU, a&m, Ole miss, Bama, Kentucky, Oklahoma and vandy.

I agree that it's a good thing we replaced UNC with another patsy. I think we'll need that extra win to get to bowl eligibility.

Look at those games, and tell me if you think we'll be favored in any of them other than vandy?

I dont either. Cant see us beating Missouri. Their QB will be next in the long line of QBs having “career days” against us. Kentuckys OL and DL are wrecking balls, total mismatch, so we lose that. Clemson? In WB so maybe we have a shot. A&M on the road? They have an NFL D line. No chance.
People seem to conveniently ignore the fact that Missouri has a 6-1 record... they are already "bowl eligible" by our standards.

Let's be honest. Lying ass taters. As usual.

Look at this post histories if you need proof. Nothing but negativity and disdain for our program.

Not foolin' anybody.

7zypn7.jpg

Let's be honest. Lying ass taters. As usual.

Look at this post histories if you need proof. Nothing but negativity and disdain for our program.

Not foolin' anybody.

What do you know, another hissy fit, and lame meme. So unlike you.

As I said, you have to be a gamecock fan for a while to understand, not just since January of 2021. Any real gamecock fan knows that post is spot on.

Tater123 trying to defend her taterism again. Because, by her own logic, she goes way back to May 2020 on here. LOL

Everybody knows.

7zypn7.jpg

Tater123 trying to defend her taterism again. Because, by her own logic, she goes way back to May 2020 on here. LOL

Everybody knows.

7zypn7.jpg

As I said, you have to be a gamecock fan for a while to understand, not just since January of 2021. Any real gamecock fan knows that post is spot on.

TATER TATER TATER LOL

7zypn7.jpg

LOL. TATER TATER TATER

7zyv7f.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT