ADVERTISEMENT

CFP ? 4 teams if this happens?

So you hate to say that if a team is in the top four and finish the season undefeated is in the playoffs? That’s not fair or is that not fair because you hate the tater team? Just trying to follow your logic.
Lets say Bama loses a Close game to UGA in the SEC Championship, And taters (i know unlikely, because they still have ther toughest game to play on 11/24) go Undefeated, Michigan Wins out and ND goes undefeated.... YES, IMO Bama should get in over the TATERS, if they want the best team in there.. But if they care more about Conference championship.... Then Taters I guess would get in... But if they do care more about Conference Championship, the PAC12 and Big12 both are better than ACC..

If that loss drops Alabama out of the top four, they’re left out.
Before championship week;
1. Alabama, 2. Clemson, 3. ND, 4. Michigan, 5. UGA

Clemson beats a nobody in ACCCG
ND plays no one
Michigan wins B10 CG
UGA nips Alabama in SECCG

1. Clemson, 2. Michigan, 3. UGA, 4. ND

How can it be any other way? Thoughts.

Agreed. The way I look at it, Bama vs. UGA is essentially a playoff game. The two teams will decide on the field who is better, thus there is no reason to put the loser in the CFP. The only exception might be if Tua is hurt and does not play in the game or plays very little. This is essentially what the committee did with both Alabama and Clemson last year, gave them a pass due to their injuries.

If Bama is left out then think it would cause all sorts of chaos and some great Nick Saban quotes, but if the committee is truly objective, this is literally the only fair way to do it. Someone else in the country will get a shot to see if they are the best.

Also, if ND gets in, they are going to get destroyed by whomever they play. That team is a fraud and I think everyone except ND fans know it.

Lets say Bama loses a Close game to UGA in the SEC Championship, And taters (i know unlikely, because they still have ther toughest game to play on 11/24) go Undefeated, Michigan Wins out and ND goes undefeated.... YES, IMO Bama should get in over the TATERS, if they want the best team in there.. But if they care more about Conference championship.... Then Taters I guess would get in... But if they do care more about Conference Championship, the PAC12 and Big12 both are better than ACC..

PAC12 is garbage top to bottom. Big 12 blew their chances by not having a dominant team. Say what you want; ACC has a dominant who everyone wants to see play someone from top tier. Other words, there is intrigue.

that loss to Georgia( will not happen) but if a miracle happened... will not drop them below 4 .. just like Bama's loss last year to Auburn didnt hurt Bama in playoffs
Norte Dame beat Mich...and they are STILL N.D...they will be in at undefeated

You are forgetting that Wisconsin whiffed in the B10 CG which opened up the fourth spot for Bama. Wisconsin win and the best team would have been cooling their heels in Tuscaloosa. They weren’t the best team championship night until Tua took the field.

No they didn't. Auburn beat them in the Iron Bowl the week before the SECCG.

You made my point...before the CG. They fell to Fifth and then Wisconsin lost. If Bama somehow loses the SECCG they fall to fifth there are no more games. Seeding is done that weekend.

PAC12 is garbage top to bottom. Big 12 blew their chances by not having a dominant team. Say what you want; ACC has a dominant who everyone wants to see play someone from top tier. Other words, there is intrigue.
ROLLING on FLOOR laughing, Compared to A-She-She Big 12 looks like NFL South.. Take out the Taters, Who is next best in ASHESHE?? Noone in that miserable conference would beat 4th or fifth place Texas..

You made my point...before the CG. They fell to Fifth and then Wisconsin lost. If Bama somehow loses the SECCG they fall to fifth there are no more games. Seeding is done that weekend.
But you said early on in the season in your OP The Iron Bowl was NOT early in the season. THAT was my point. They didn't have to work their way back into anything.

ROLLING on FLOOR laughing, Compared to A-She-She Big 12 looks like NFL South.. Take out the Taters, Who is next best in ASHESHE?? Noone in that miserable conference would beat 4th or fifth place Texas..

You are making my point...B12 killing their records (chances). Clemson putting up huge number and consistently in CFP. Everyone wants to see a train wreck at some point. You have to see the bigger picture at some point, or not.

But you said early on in the season in your OP The Iron Bowl was NOT early in the season. THAT was my point. They didn't have to work their way back into anything.

You are right. That’s true, they lost to a strong team (Auburn that season) so luckily for them they did not fall far.

You are making my point...B12 killing their records (chances). Clemson putting up huge number and consistently in CFP. Everyone wants to see a train wreck at some point. You have to see the bigger picture at some point, or not.
ummmm... So you are saying playing in a Weak Conferrence running up Gawdy Numbers is better?? Okay.. I gotcha!!
giphy.gif

You are right. That’s true, they lost to a strong team (Auburn that season) so luckily for them they did not fall far.

..and you can bet, if Alabama loses to a strong team in SECCG..they wont fall below 4 ...If that happened they aren't putting a BIG 12 Michigan ahead of Alabama.. The committee isn't that stupid... the committee has done a good job prior and will do the same this year..They know even a 1 loss Alabama is the best in the country, just like they knew a 1 loss Alabama last year was the best team

We will agree to disagree...
Now i'm hoping Bama loses so you'll see that Alabama still gets into playoffs

Uga being left out if beating alabama and everyone runs the table is sounding realistic after listening to the gameday crew but I just can’t see it somebody is goin to be pissed regardless

What changed with Michigan after we beat them last year? They were not a great team. Did they have some redshirts or true freshmen step up. How have they done it?

..and you can bet, if Alabama loses to a strong team in SECCG..they wont fall below 4 ...If that happened they aren't putting a BIG 12 Michigan ahead of Alabama.. The committee isn't that stupid... the committee has done a good job prior and will do the same this year..They know even a 1 loss Alabama is the best in the country, just like they knew a 1 loss Alabama last year was the best team

We will agree to disagree...
Now i'm hoping Bama loses so you'll see that Alabama still gets into playoffs

Bama would be out. The reason Bama got in last year was because Ohio st had 2 losses. If they only had 1 bama wouldn’t have been in the playoff last season. Bama can lose this week to miss st or in a couple weeks to auburn and that’s a mulligan for them. Beat Georgia and they are in with 1 loss. If things stay the same and ND, clemson are undefeated, Michigan has 1 loss to a playoff team but is conference champs it would be bama out. They simply can’t lose to Georgia in that scenario.

I don't know why you guys are even discussing these scenarios. Everyone is playing for second place and any real fan knows this poop eater , drunken leprechauns, taters , doesn't matter. Bama is the best college football team that has ever been assembled . You couldn't build a team from all the other top five schools and beat Alabama . It's really crappy and makes it almost boring in the end but it is the straight dope. Bama will not lose a game this year period.

I don't know why you guys are even discussing these scenarios. Everyone is playing for second place and any real fan knows this poop eater , drunken leprechauns, taters , doesn't matter. Bama is the best college football team that has ever been assembled . You couldn't build a team from all the other top five schools and beat Alabama . It's really crappy and makes it almost boring in the end but it is the straight dope. Bama will not lose a game this year period.
DAMN i hate to say it... but..............
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT