ADVERTISEMENT

Champ has to decide

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
he knows more abt Ropers true blame for O woes

But he and T Rob have done well on D w a maligned unit. Still not the speed and depth he needs but this D could have been 5-0

Reactions: Holy City Cock
Yeah, let's not fool ourselves. Defense dug themselves a hole that day.

The difference between our losses with KY Jelly and TAMmy vs our win against Arky...

The defense turned 3 turnovers for 3 TD's...

Boys... We're in a world hurting with this team...We can't ask the defense turn turnovers into TD in every game...

The offense has to earn their keep and start producing... This was a major problem with mUSChamp at Florida and now here at Carolina...

Great defense, horrible offense...

Get use to 6-7 or 7-6 under mUSChamp for years to come...

First step, get rid of Roper!!! Get a real Offensive Coordinator...

Reactions: drawplay000
Interestingly, the same group that is complaining about Roper was the same group complaining about McIlwain last year and his inaccuracy in passing and calling for Bentley to start. Ironically, Bentley is as inaccurate this year as McIlwain was last year, if not more so.
I agree that coaching and scheme may have had a lot to do with our QB's lack of production the past 2 years, but let's not get carried away.

2016 B McIllwain GP 8 / 62-118-1 / 52.5% / 600 yds / 75 ypg / 2 td / eff 99.15
2017 J Bentley GP 6 / 114-188-4 / 60.6% / 1456 yds / 242.7 ypg / 12 td / eff 142.5

If we had Dylan Thompson's offense we'd be competitive.
Tell me when/where we haven't been competitive? We are 4-2 and the two games we lost we by 10 and 7. And the first was still up n the air until the long run at the end and of course 3 missed FGs. You can argue about play calling, but not about the team not being in winnable situations in those two loses.

Interestingly, the same group that is complaining about Roper was the same group complaining about McIlwain last year and his inaccuracy in passing and calling for Bentley to start. Ironically, Bentley is as inaccurate this year as McIlwain was last year, if not more so.
Bentley' qb rating in last year was 145. It's 140 this year. McIlwain was 99. So...

This is wrong

Roper is going to take Muschamp down. Looks identical to when he was head coach Florida, unbelievable

I agree that coaching and scheme may have had a lot to do with our QB's lack of production the past 2 years, but let's not get carried away.

2016 B McIllwain GP 8 / 62-118-1 / 52.5% / 600 yds / 75 ypg / 2 td / eff 99.15
2017 J Bentley GP 6 / 114-188-4 / 60.6% / 1456 yds / 242.7 ypg / 12 td / eff 142.5

That is pretty hard to argue... I was going to rip the guy for making up some completely looney tunes BS, but you just laid out the facts. Makes it pretty obvious...

That is pretty hard to argue... I was going to rip the guy for making up some completely looney tunes BS, but you just laid out the facts. Makes it pretty obvious...
I wasn't ripping him, just correcting. We all post hastily at times and that's how I chalked his up.
Rogue cock is a solid poster.

3 starters on the OL are out? Starting a true freshman? Lack of quality depth by our past OL coach? Roper is to blame for this?

Reactions: rogue cock
Oh, you can rip me. I'll admit it was a very poorly worded post. It definitely didn't convey the point I was attempting to make and conveyed a much broader point which was inaccurate.

I disagree; Dylan always choked at crunch time.
scarrrr.gif

Roper is going to take Muschamp down. Looks identical to when he was head coach Florida, unbelievable
Maybe but as someone that has been very critical of Roper, I thought the play calling was much better this week. They had a man in motion several times and gave the ball to them on end arounds a few times. Just enough to make the defense respect it and not send everyone and the kitchen sink at our RB's.

I think we still need more misdirection running plays and misdirection play action throws but the game Sat was a good start.

Maybe but as someone that has been very critical of Roper, I thought the play calling was much better this week. They had a man in motion several times and gave the ball to them on end arounds a few times. Just enough to make the defense respect it and not send everyone and the kitchen sink at our RB's.

I think we still need more misdirection running plays and misdirection play action throws but the game Sat was a good start.

Why it took this long to implement such is baffling. Glad to see it - Hope to see more moving forward!

Why it took this long to implement such is baffling. Glad to see it - Hope to see more moving forward!
Yeah, you wonder why it took so long. Let's hope it wasn't an accident and we go back to the same predictable run plays.

Kentucky is a decent team but we really laid an egg in that game. It kinda reminds me of the game we lost to Auburn during one of our 11 win seasons, granted that was the last we saw of Stephen Garcia for his career. Against A&M I think we just ran out of gas. A&M, from top to bottom, has more talent than us and they wore us down. I'm not as upset about that loss as I am the loss to Kentucky at home. We match up well against the remainder of our schedule with the exception of UGA and Moo U. Florida is a team that could cause us to have an ugly game. We can win that game but I don't expect it to go smoothly. Could be a 17-13 type of game. 7-5/8-4 for Muschamp's 2nd season is not bad at all considering we were predicted to win 5 point something games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT