ADVERTISEMENT

Charleston enacts two-week "stay at home" ordinance

andersoncountycock

Nov 12, 2019
Charleston will begin a two-week "stay at home" order for all city residents Thursday.

The ordinance urges residents to only go outside to go the grocery store, pharmacy or doctor's office or to exercise.
According to a report from WSCS, city council voted 9-4 on the “stay at home” ordinance which also orders city residents not to congregate in the streets, sidewalk, or public spaces except for the purposes of working at or conducting business at essential services.

The ordinance also requires all "non-essential" businesses to close, starting at 12:01 a.m. Thursday. This order also lasts for two weeks

It's rather packed everywhere I go down here. Seems like most work is continuing on like normal. Yesterday at Lowe's here in Mt P there was roughly 100 people in the store. Buying flowers and junk that's not really needed at this time, so I guess it's not bothering too many here. Even though there is a preacher here and several others in town w the virus, it's not slowing people down. I'm in construction and we won't stop working unless hell freezes over. That's why I'm out and about.

Schools, restaurants and bars are closed. Other than that, most residents are carrying on with normal day to day life. I really don't know what has happened to this county. Most states are requiring citizens to stay at home while some states/cities are releasing criminals from jail. Law abiding citizens are on lock down, while criminals are being set free. Common sense has all but evaporated from our society.
Mike Seekings voted against the ordinance, but not for the reasons you might think. His reason? The ordinance was not strict enough!

So ridiculous. They act like grocery stores arent crowded. Most normal people are willing to risk a tiny chance of death rather than be closed in for months. If you fear it then fine, stay in shelter but those of us who work and don't want to live infront of TVs and video games will take our chance.

I would rather die living my normal life than live in fear

So ridiculous. They act like grocery stores arent crowded. Most normal people are willing to risk a tiny chance of death rather than be closed in for months. If you fear it then fine, stay in shelter but those of us who work and don't want to live infront of TVs and video games will take our chance.

I would myself. But I'd hate to be part of killing anybody.

What a selfish, heartless attitude. It's not all about you.

Reactions: xTHExNERFxHAMMERx
North Carolina counties (most) just shut down for 21-days. Unless you're picking up meds, visiting a doc, walking your dog, or doing groceries, you cannot leave your house.

everything but "essential work" shut down. They then proceed to list just about every occupation you can think of as essential including schools and restaurants even though they shut them down already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT