ADVERTISEMENT

Chic-Fil-A....Ought to be running the operations/military of the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdTTrio

Oct 16, 2019
North Charleston, SC
First time I have been out in at least 3 weeks (just obeying Governor McMaster's order) and couldn't believe what I saw. Pay close attention. Got in the double drive thru line to place my order. AMAZING process. There were an additional 2 lines for customer pickup/app call in orders. So, 4 lines in processing. There were 30 cars ahead of me and all 30 were out in less than 5 minutes, with another 30 coming into the parking lot. Now, for the interesting part. There were 8 people taking orders outside with headsets/pads and such. A manager of sorts was telling the employees/associates to sanitize themselves every 8-10 cars. Now, I swiped my card and no one touched me, my card or got within 6 feet of me except to drop my bag into my car. EVERY employee had masks and gloves on their person and were being used/discarded properly. I can assure you, they have lost NO revenue and were "rolling" in customers. Someone knows what they are doing. This is the Chick-Fil-A on Dorchester Road just above Ashley Phosphate Road in upper North Charleston, for those of you not familiar with this area. UNBELIEVEABLE coordination. This was going on at 11:15 am, not 12:30 or 1:00 pm - lunch rush period. For someone 45 years ago that ran a Hardee's as a kid in high school/college......simply amazing. So, let's do the math.....the average car was spending at least $15. That is $450 per 5 minutes....then that calculates to $5400 in an hour, say the owner does that for just 5 hours a day......trust me he does a lot more than that. Just amazing. Kudos to that team/location. I will be back.

First time I have been out in at least 3 weeks (just obeying Governor McMaster's order) and couldn't believe what I saw. Pay close attention. Got in the double drive thru line to place my order. AMAZING process. There were an additional 2 lines for customer pickup/app call in orders. So, 4 lines in processing. There were 30 cars ahead of me and all 30 were out in less than 5 minutes, with another 30 coming into the parking lot. Now, for the interesting part. There were 8 people taking orders outside with headsets/pads and such. A manager of sorts was telling the employees/associates to sanitize themselves every 8-10 cars. Now, I swiped my card and no one touched me, my card or got within 6 feet of me except to drop my bag into my car. EVERY employee had masks and gloves on their person and were being used/discarded properly. I can assure you, they have lost NO revenue and were "rolling" in customers. Someone knows what they are doing. This is the Chick-Fil-A on Dorchester Road just above Ashley Phosphate Road in upper North Charleston, for those of you not familiar with this area. UNBELIEVEABLE coordination. This was going on at 11:15 am, not 12:30 or 1:00 pm - lunch rush period. For someone 45 years ago that ran a Hardee's as a kid in high school/college......simply amazing. So, let's do the math.....the average car was spending at least $15. That is $450 per 5 minutes....then that calculates to $5400 in an hour, say the owner does that for just 5 hours a day......trust me he does a lot more than that. Just amazing. Kudos to that team/location. I will be back.
Same here in KY. It’s crazy.

I’ll say this, Chic Fil A seems to be one of the few fast food restaurants that do not appear to be negatively effected by this crisis. Every time I pass by their parking lots remain packed.

Proof that if you run a great business and treat your customers with the highest respect they will remain loyal to you.

DITTO!
T Zonie

Definitely a well ran company from top to bottom...I ate too much along the way and sort of grew tired of the taste (I know, it sounds absurd typing it out) but I admire them as a company and admire the respect they treat people with and are always very involved with their local communities too way more than the average business

Reactions: ThirdTTrio
This was my experience at the CFA on Harbison Boulevard recently. They are a well-oiled machine, and courteous folks to boot. That seems to be the case at every location I have ever visited in the Southeast. Those folks understand logistics.

Best run restaurant chain in the world, bar none.

It's a culture of success.

Proof that greed does not exist in all companies, or they would open up on sundays.

I used to love Chic-Fill-A. UNTIL. Someone decided that every single function at work had to be catered by them. Don't get me wrong, I really liked them, but come on, every single event ?
Took me awhile to get back on board.
Now that I mention it, I may just go out and get some today.

I'm not enamored of their sandwiches generally, but I do like their chicken strips and their salads. And they are extremely well run. They set the benchmark on that.

I guess the military wouldn't operate on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT