ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati & Michigan just can't hang with the big boys from the south

Can't prove that or disprove it.....and I seriously doubt AU or UF would come close to Cincy. SEC has pretty much stunk it up in he cross conference matchups in the bowls. i

I'm not talking bowls with several players sitting out. I mean during the season. Cincy would get monkey stomped in the SEC. Michigan too.

We've always been middle of the road, (or lower) in the SEC and the last time we played Michigan and the last two times we played Ohio State we beat them. I contend the SEC is just tougher.
I contend the SEC had better coaches at the time. Now, I don't believe we do other than a couple (Saban and Smart). Do you actually believe we could stay on the field with TOSU this year....or the past several years? Cooper was a "southern boy" who the TOSU fans never liked.

Michigan and Ohio State were both down when we beat them.
Ohio State won that Natty 12 months after we beat them in the 2nd Outback Bowl (with the same coach that won the Natty). Although. I would say they turned a corner during the 4th quarter of our game as they came roaring back on us and we held on to win.

Reactions: NA Gamecock
Can't prove that or disprove it.....and I seriously doubt AU or UF would come close to Cincy. SEC has pretty much stunk it up in he cross conference matchups in the bowls. i
While can’t prove or disapprove, and common opponents don’t always tell the story…Auburn did lose to Penn State. That was before the season went south for Auburn too. To think Michigan can’t beat Auburn, or that Auburn can’t beat Michigan would qualify one for the Don’t Know Dick About Football Club (DNDAFC). He’s a qualifier if he truly believes this.

And they both had great seasons....nothing to be ashamed of.
Kinda feel bad for the Cincy fans....they likely didn't know what they were getting into.
I hear ya. One big takeaway from this experience is they now know what it takes to be at that level. They surely had no idea before this. Hopefully they'll get a chance again. It would be a shame to see them get passed over by a subjective process simply because of this outcome.

While can’t prove or disapprove, and common opponents don’t always tell the story…Auburn did lose to Penn State. That was before the season went south for Auburn too. To think Michigan can’t beat Auburn, or that Auburn can’t beat Michigan would qualify one for the Don’t Know Dick About Football Club (DNDAFC). He’s a qualifier if he truly believes this.

I think, on a neutral field, Auburn edges out the win against Michigan. I'd say that Cincy would be a slight favorite over Auburn. Field goal or less.

I think, on a neutral field, Auburn edges out the win against Michigan. I'd say that Cincy would be a slight favorite over Auburn. Field goal or less.
But could Michigan beat Auburn? Absolutely the could. And I’d think Vegas would favor Michigan over Auburn to be honest. Auburn couldn’t beat Houston in their home state…basically a home game. Are we really talking about Auburn dominating these teams?

But could Michigan beat Auburn? Absolutely the could. And I’d think Vegas would favor Michigan over Auburn to be honest. Auburn couldn’t beat Houston in their home state…basically a home game. Are we really talking about Auburn dominating these teams?

I never said anything about Auburn dominating anybody. And I'm talking about during the season when it matters, not in a bowl that many teams considered worthless.

Michigan looked terrible. If they were on the other side instead of UNC at our bowl, we would have beaten them.

Reactions: lostcock
I never said anything about Auburn dominating anybody. And I'm talking about during the season when it matters, not in a bowl that many teams considered worthless.

Michigan looked terrible. If they were on the other side instead of UNC at our bowl, we would have beaten them.
The comment I replied to, that you then replied to, was about Auburn 100% beating Michigan and Cincinnati.

Michigan played Georgia. We didn’t look great against UGA either. Sorry guys…Michigan dominated Ohio State. They lost one game. They’re a double digit favorite over us, easy. Don’t let one game fool you. 95% of our fans predicted we’d lose on Thursday. Enjoy the win. But don’t get carried away.

And down goes Notre Dame, although typical Big 12 defense by Oklahoma State made it interesting. So Michigan and Notre Dame go down on consecutive days. God is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT